craps

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know you guys rarely, if ever, dabble in hypotheticals or far-fetchery
but the anonymous idiots got me to thinking
I know - -> run for the millers

i'm sure you're familiar with the header

BUTTER = cars, clothes, jewelry, etc., things that depreciate after you buy it

GUNS = stocks, bonds, real estate, art work, etc., things that appreciate in value

obviously, they believe we were more butter than guns last year and while they do make a couple of points - we lost to some dogs and beat a few too - but smoke and mirrors would more describe my poker game than anything related to last years team , , , so I looked for a way to dispel this notion going forward , , , and a way to track it like the dow jones or s&p . . . . .

it took a minute - not sure it was worth it - but it works, hypothetically

given 100m to invest in at least 75% of the current roster - 40/53
what would these guys actually look like as appreciable assets
and could they make you any money (exceed 2016 prod.)

here's the portfolio, have some music with your brew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&list=RDQMTBA0Zo6ExUM&index=3

PHINS on WALL STREET

ART

suh ........ 11m ........ most prized possession - lone masterpiece though ............... 70t / 8tfl / 5sax
reshad .... 7.5 ......... out-the-shop, fully-restored & back on the wall .................... 90t / 8pd / 5pix
ajayi ....... 5.5 ..........hand-chiseled heisman sculpture - front lobby ..................... 1200y / 85ypg / 8td
tunsil ...... 4.5 ......... triple-exposure . . . . borderline masterpiece ........................ 16 starts / zero sax
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/msAyEUXnMGY/maxresdefault.jpg

REAL ESTATE

landry ..... 4.5 .......... potential foreclosure - 4td @ 12 per not worth it ................. 95rec / 1100y / 4td
maxwell .. 3m .......... rental property - dumpable without a re-fi ........................... 55t / 2pix / 15pd
juliusT .... 2.5 .......... flip restructured - planted some orange trees outback .......... 45rec / 455y / 5td
hayes ..... 2m .......... turnkey, and unpack - no maintenance required ................... 45t / 5tfl / 2sax
carroo .... 1.5 .......... landry insurance . . . . could boom with relocation ................. any roi = $$$

CORP. BONDS

wake ...... 5m .......... phin4life . . . going from the wall to the hall ........................ 30t / 2tfl / 11sax
kiko ........ 4.5 .......... plays hard & injured - paid off handsomely ......................... 115t / 6tfl / 2sax
timmons . 4m .......... solid p/u - invaluable leadership and know-how ................... 95t / 4tfl / 3sax

JUNK BONDS

pouncey .. 1m ........... more like damaged art in need of a facelift ........................ 6 starts - cash out
t j mac .... 750k ......... could pay off huge second half of the season .................... 8 starts - no relapse
misi ........ 250k .......... dion's replacement , , , throw-away dough ....................... any return is cool

COMMODITIES​

moore ...... 2m ................... saved the season - - worth weight in gold
darr ......... 1m ................... pure silver bullets and platinum pinbacks
denney .... 500k ................. long snap silver . . . . . . sure as money

MUTUAL FUNDS

750k - bushrod, urbik, young, larsen and steen
750k - aikens, thomas, hull, lacey and hewitt

STOCKS

tannehill .. 9m ........... crazy volatility - but calming under gase .......................... 3800y / 20td / 12pix
parker ..... 5m ........... huge wall potential - - poetry in slow-motion ................... 56rec / 750y / 4td
branch .... 4.5 ........... shareholders hotter than fish grease - i'm goin in ............. 50t / 7tfl / 5sax
stills ........ 4m ........... back-to-back career years unlikely, but doable ................ 42rec / 725y / 9td

xavior ...... 3.5 ........... frame being designed - - coming to wall soon ................. 50t / 3pix / 9pd
phillips ..... 2m ........... floor-tile stock - should be through the roof .................... 25t / 6tfl / 2sax
james ...... 2m ........... coached up - stock soared at year's end ......................... 16 starts / 2sax
drake ....... 1.5 ........... rook paid off big - - 2 less td than landry ....................... 300y total / 4td
allen ........ 1.5 ........... huge pickup . . . ballhawking middle-fielder .................... 25t / 2pix / 3pd

damien .... 1m ........... solid, exceeds expectations - match any offer ................. 350y total / 6td
mccain ..... 1m ........... boom or bobblehead - thru pounding the table ............... 45t / 2pix / 6pd
lippett ...... 1m ........... 5th round - position change - surprise of the year ........... 65t / 4pix / 10pd

jakeem .... 500k ......... could boom - joystick potential w/better handles ............ 300y total / 2td
fasano ..... 500k ......... buy-back . . . . initial seller should be dropped .............. #1 blocker @ pos.

FUTURES

harris
wake understudy , , , couldn't ask for a better mentor

raekwon
native buckeye like myself . . . . . this more than makes up for missing out on shazier
. . . . our last osu lb - rowland tatum - was a former hs classmate of mine
inglewood morningside (across from the new rams stadium)

tank
hope he gets better treatment than xavior got last year - won't take much

asiata
the longer he sat the more it seemed he was destined to be ours

godchaux
if this doesn't light the fire under phillips

taylor
. . . . . hopefully this will

ford
ok, what's really going on . . . this is too good

I know , , , I know

but that's what retirement does to you

Last edited by a moderator:
My head is spinning right now, good stuff nonetheless.

I follow stocks and option trading so I took the time to chart our teams market indices over the last few years using the data provided by the OP and here's how it came out

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

[video=youtube;2n5pd9eKapY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n5pd9eKapY[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
You have lot of time on your hands for sure to work up a twist like this.

I know you guys rarely, if ever, dabble in hypotheticals or far-fetchery
but the anonymous idiots got me to thinking
I know - - run for the millers

i'm sure you're familiar with the header

BUTTER = cars, clothes, jewelry, etc., things that depreciate after you buy it

GUNS = stocks, bonds, real estate, art work, etc., things that appreciate in value

obviously, they believe we were more butter than guns last year and while they do make a couple
of points - we lost to some dogs and beat up a few - smoke and mirrors would more describe
my poker game than anything related to last years team, so I looked for a way to dispel
that notion for this years team , , , and how it could be tracked like the dow or s&p

it took a minute - not sure it was worth it - but it works, hypothetically

given 100m to invest in at least 75% of the current roster - 40/53
what would these guys actually look like as appreciable assets
and could they make you any money (exceed 2016 prod.)

here's the portfolio, have some music with your brew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg&list=RDQMTBA0Zo6ExUM&index=3

PHINS on WALL STREET

ART

suh ........ 11m ................. most prized possession - lone masterpiece though
reshad .... 7.5 .................. out-the-shop, fully-restored & back on the wall
ajayi ....... 5.5 .................. hand-chiseled heisman sculpture - front lobby
tunsil ...... 4.5 .................. triple-exposure . . . . borderline masterpiece
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/msAyEUXnMGY/maxresdefault.jpg

REAL ESTATE

landry ..... 4.5 .................. potential foreclosure - 4td @ 12-15 per not worth it
maxwell .. 3m .................. rental property - dumpable next year without a re-fi
juliusT .... 2.5 .................. flip restructured - planted some orange trees outback
hayes ..... 2m .................. turnkey, and unpack - no maint. required - great pickup
carroo .... 1.5 .................. landry insurance - expensive as hell - could boom if let go

CORP. BONDS

wake ...... 5m ................... phin4life . . . from the wall to the hall when he's done
kiko ........ 4.5 ................... great pick-up - plays hard & injured - paid off handsomely
timmons . 4m ................... another solid acquisition - invaluable leadership and know-how

JUNK BONDS

pouncey .. 1m ................... more like damaged art in need of a few facelifts
t j mac .... 750k ................. could pay off huge second half of the season
misi ........ 250k ................. dion's replacement , , , , any return will do

COMMODITIES​

moore ...... 2m ................... saved the season - - worth his weight in gold
darr ......... 1m ................... pure silver bullets and platinum pinbacks
denney .... 500k ................. long snap silver . . . . sure as money

MUTUAL FUNDS

750k - bushrod, urbik, larsen and steen
750k - aikens, hull, lacey and hewitt

STOCKS

tannehill .. 9m ................... crazy volatility that's calming under gase
parker ..... 5m ................... huge wall potential - - poetry in slow-motion
branch .... 4.5 ................... shareholders hotter than fish grease - i'm goin in
stills ........ 4m ................... back-to-back career years highly unlikely, but doable

xavior ...... 3.5 ................... frame being designed - - coming to wall soon
phillips ..... 2m ................... floor tile stock - should be through the roof
james ...... 2m ................... coached up - stock soared tail end of year
drake ....... 1.5 ................... rook paid off big - - 2 less td than landry
allen ........ 1.5 ................... ballhawk - middle-fielder - huge addition

damien .... 1m ................... solid, exceeds expectations - match any offer
mccain ..... 1m ................... boom or bobblehead - thru pounding the table
lippett ...... 1m ................... 5th round - position change - surprise of the year

jakeem .... 500k ................. could boom - joystick potential with better handles
fasano ..... 500k ................. obvious buy-back . . . . initial seller should be dropped

FUTURES

takk ............ reddick .......... njoku
willis ............ jarrad ........... bowser
lawson ....... marcusW ........ dorian
d hall .......... asiata ............ holden
kazee ......... everette ......... mathis

I know , , , I know

but that's what retirement does to you

What happened to fishing, bingo and shuffleboard???????

Very creative and fun like how As Ross teaches about from Field to Real world. Unfortunately Football and Sports are business that's attached to the consumers emotions, pride, Part of ones identity, excitement and adrenaline, reality, family pastime, nostalgia, bonding ( sometimes the only interest between father and Son, brothers and Sisters ). Athletes are the Super heroes of real life. It's what we wish we could physically do. It's second only to food and drinks and often times go hand in hand. There is no comparison!

As far as breaking it down as individual investments I think you have to see as as one investment.

Am I the only one seriously confused by this?

I'm not.

Clearly craps has been taken hostage and this is his only way to let the world know hes in desperate need of assistance.

I've contacted Seal Team Margarine and they are aware the perpetrators are armed and dangerous. Helps on the way craps, hang in there!

Nope... which is why I came in to this thread lol

hahaha

y'all think i'm playing

now that the draft is over i've added target data with updated futures

i'ma bump this after the season , , , IF I lose a single dime , , , I will drop right on the spot and give everybody here

I follow stocks and option trading so I took the time to chart our teams market indices over the last few years using the data provided by the OP and here's how it came out

View attachment 18799

[video=youtube;2n5pd9eKapY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n5pd9eKapY[/video]

but according to this

that ain't happening . . . . hahaha

thanks fish

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

I'm not.

Clearly craps has been taken hostage and this is his only way to let the world know hes in desperate need of assistance.

I've contacted Seal Team Margarine and they are aware the perpetrators are armed and dangerous. Helps on the way craps, hang in there!

hahaha

where they at

Back
Top Bottom