Had Culpepper not played... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Had Culpepper not played...

DiRtYMoNkeyLovE

Ma!!! The Meat Loaf!!!
Reaction score
I'm just curious to know, during the offseason there was speculation as to whether or not Culpepper would start the beginning of this season...Our horrible season so far has blamed on the play of our offensive line, playcalling, coaching, and of course Culpepper...even though Culpepper was cleared to play against pittsburgh it was obvious he was not 100% so why is it that now he's going to attend a program to help his mobility...why didn't Harrington just start the beginning of the season? And now who's to blame for that? I think that Nick Saban is a very good coach...but I think the biggest mistake he made this season was not starting Harrington...and im not saying this based on his play against the Pats. I'm thinking if Culpepper fully recovered and came in mid-season or even if he sat out the whole season...what difference would that have really made? Why else did we get Harrington anyways yeah? He was an insurance policy...w/e I'm just frustrated that we suck, so pardon me for just speaking my mind...but this loss hurt more than all the other losses becuz we only beat ourselves, the other losses were different becuz we just got our @$$es kicked.

DiRtYMoNkeyLovE said:
I'm just curious to know, during the offseason there was speculation as to whether or not Culpepper would start the beginning of this season...Our horrible season so far has blamed on the play of our offensive line, playcalling, coaching, and of course Culpepper...even though Culpepper was cleared to play against pittsburgh it was obvious he was not 100% so why is it that now he's going to attend a program to help his mobility...why didn't Harrington just start the beginning of the season? And now who's to blame for that? I think that Nick Saban is a very good coach...but I think the biggest mistake he made this season was not starting Harrington...and im not saying this based on his play against the Pats. I'm thinking if Culpepper fully recovered and came in mid-season or even if he sat out the whole season...what difference would that have really made? Why else did we get Harrington anyways yeah? He was an insurance policy...w/e I'm just frustrated that we suck, so pardon me for just speaking my mind...but this loss hurt more than all the other losses becuz we only beat ourselves, the other losses were different becuz we just got our @$$es kicked.
very true...but i think we had to give peppa a shot after harrington's record in deeeeee-troit

Yes big mistake I also agree. Yesterday we may have been more ready as a team and had more wins and confidence under our belt. We will never know what would of happened, but I think worse case we would of been 3-2 and maybe even 4-1. it made all the difference.

harrington should have started the season and given time for our franchise quarterback to get healthy. sabans mistake. either way, daunte will be the starter in 2008, hopefully fully recovered and with a better o line

his record at Detroit should not be a factor. we got him to play, and most likely to start the season as Pep was not supposed to be ready. I agree that starting Culpepper has been Saban's biggest mistake, Culpepper wanted to play so badly he prob was too aggressive in telling the coaching staff how far along his rehad was
If Joey had started the season, I'm guessing we would be at least 3-2 now. We would have beaten the Titans, Texans, and most likely the Bills, and there is a fair chance that we would have beaten Pitt and the Pats (though we might have lost those also). We have been in every game this season, but the pattern has been that we have struggled until late in the game when we've put together a few good drives to make it close. Culpepper destroyed too many drives with the sacks he took and the subsequent third-and-too-longs, that left our D in bad field position and on the field too long. I think we're going to see a different football team on both sides of the ball with Joey starting

I think you'll see Joey start for the next month or so. It'll be interesting to see where we sit after that.

Back
Top Bottom