Handing out big $$$ to Branch & Kiko instead of committing that money to a guard??

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Snoop, Aug 20, 2017.

1. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

I would rather they pay top dollar for a dominant OG than overpay for midiocre players like Alonso and Branch. Alonso and Branch are backups on most teams not starters making top money. This team loves drafting and overpaying for players with limited talent or guys who are injury prone. They also seem to pick guys that just aren't very smart, guys who are undisciplined and/or guys who don't love playing. We need a GM/scouting staff that can identify and go after players that have elite or potentially elite talent and desire.

pjcab likes this.
  2. vcip

vcip Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

yes you are right..I was assuming Pouncy would not be benched though but yes plug in Larsen instead
    Who am I kidding? No changes will happen

3. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

Who is it?

4. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

How about now?

5. matt11390

matt11390 Starter

This is one of the most accurate and depressing posts in a long time. We all know the OL should be overhauled to become Miami's strongest unit yet we all also know the FO doesn't agree with us. Miami has been tweeking their roster for 15 years. What will it take for the franchise to accept it needs rebuild from the inside out?

6. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

I really wanted us to take two OGs in that 2016 draft but I knew as soon as they took Tunsil in the 1st that hope was gone. After that they had to scramble to get the other positions of need...namely corner.

Consider we could have had Artie Burns at CB from the U and Cody Whitehair in the 2nd (who I really wanted) instead of Tunsil (who's looking like a bust at LT) and Howard (who has yet to sniff an interception). Hindsight I guess. We also could have not made the trade with the Eagles and ended up with Eli Apple at CB who a lot on here wanted.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    DolfanDuBbZ~ likes this.
  7. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Landry isn't worth the money he will be seeking. But hey, it's the Miami way.

8. DolfanDuBbZ~

Cody Whitehair is just another blunder in the long line of blunders this franchise makes a trademark of doing. Then you have fans who think as Tannenbaum and then talk playoffs with a 4-4 record.

9. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

You are playing the result though. Howard is a starting caliber cb and we needed one. So...

10. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Didn't need to trade up 4 spots for him.

11. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

Who cares. If that’s who they wanted, go up and get the guy you want.

12. where's th'fish

where's th'fish Scout Team Donator

Kiko and Branch are all right, the problem is they're getting paid about 10 million when they're worth about 3

TannDaMan17 likes this.
  13. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Everyone apologize to Snoop for seeing this crap as an issue back in August but was Called out for being negative.

14. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Lol no need, I'm not that petty. If I really wanted to be petty I'd up that Branch signing thread, lotta gems in that *****

15. DolfanDuBbZ~

Playing the result? Nonsense, I am ardent believer in drafting from the inside out. I also live in BIG 12 Country, specifically KST backyard. I know Bill Snyder has a way of developing offensive lineman. I also know Whitehair was the highest rated guard in the draft who slipped to the early second.

Sorry but unlike some of you, I haven't liked the offensive line in decades. It's been built with odds and ends and the results speak for themselves. Again, I take the highest rated interior lineman over a chance to develop a Big 12 corner. Inside/out.

Also, not taking the #1 rated Guard (BPA) over the 6th CB taken in the draft was just plain dumb. And this team is still paying for decisions like this.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  16. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Tannenbaum moved up because he thought there'd be a run on CBs, of course there wasn't, after we took Howard the next corner didn't go until 16 picks later, but on top of that giving up a 4th to move up from #42 to 38 is bad value...and that move led to the desperate Carroo trade in the next round that saw us give up a 3rd and 4th in 2017 because we were already short on picks to give Minnesota.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  17. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Jabaal Sheard

18. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

Yeah I was very interested in signing him as well :(

19. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Look the Oline is on coaching not just the talent. A great QB or RB can make the Oline look good. We have neither.

20. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Snoop,

I’m ready

[​IMG]

Not that i didnt want one/some quality OL, but i didnt think Kiko would be this bad. Branch was more to be expected but still ... yeah. Bad contracts, and I’m owning up to it

where's th'fish and Snoop like this.