Hank on QAM just said... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank on QAM just said...

Originally posted by Migs182005

I say bite me, not just to pre season game prices, but to regular season game prices. It's ridiculous, and worse thing about it is that the Dolphins offer one of lowest ticket prices in the league.

I'm as big of a Dolphins fan as anyone here, but even if i had the money I would never spend it on a Dolphins game for those prices.

Sorry, just me.

Value for people are completely different from person to person.
You won't find anyhing where people perform live that isn't somewhat pricey. Let me rephrase that.... find anything where professionals in a field perform live is going to be pricey.

Look at concerts.
The Eagles were just in concert down in Ft. Lauderdale.
Lowest ticket price was $45 and the highest was $150.
Non scalped tickets that is. Some were paying rediculous prices from scalpers. I would never pay that much to go to a concert. It's not my thing.

Look at plays or operas. These events range anywhere from $25 to hundreds of dollars per performance. Again, I would never feel good about spending that type of money for these events, but to some it's well worth the money. Again, it's just not my thing.

Dolphins football IS my thing.

I don't like that the games are that expensive but overall, I really don't think they are compared to other events.

Should the athletes be making rediculous amounts of money, agents living the life of luxury by leaching off athletes, TV execs spending billions and making millions off of our fan dollars.
Well that's a whole entirely diff. issue. I do think many athletes make rediculous amounts of money. It's no more rediculous than the amount of money movie or TV actors make however. It's our economic system take it or leave it.

To me going to the games are priceless.
I look forward to them all week, and I don't feel slighted in the least.

For one there is an electricity at these events that emanates from gathering 75,000 people together in the spirit of competition that many people never get to feel in their mundane daily grinds.
I'll never forget the 85 Bears game when Jim Mcmahon came off the bench to try and spark a comeback. He was sacked on the first play and the crowd got so loud that all the hair on my body stood up and my ears were ringing. You don't just hear that type of energy, you feel it. That's worth something.

Secondly, I'm not just buying the game, I'm also buying into being part of a family. That may sound corny, but we tailgate every week and have built a big base of friends from being at the games. It's like getting all your friends together 10 weekends per year to have a "family picnic". Our price of admission into this social club comes along with the price of Ticket admission for free.

So yes I agree that the games are expensive but I don't think they are anymore expensive than similar entertainment events.

I love going to the games and being part of the experience much more than being the couch potato watching on TV.

Go Fins! See ya at Joe Robbie!

Originally posted by fins1
I drive fom Daytona 4 1/2 hrs each way for preason.

4 1/2 hours? Are you taking US 1 and who's drivin', your Grandma? J/K of course, but you guys must stop alot.

The last 2 years I have gotten free club seats through a connection to see the Dolphins games at Giants Stadium vs the Jets. This year, I only have a connection to get Giants/Dolphins tickets at face value and I am gonna probably pay 150 a seat to see the Jets play the Dolphins with my own money and I think it is worth it. Then again, I have a job and I barely spend any money. I don't even know how much I have saved up from working so far, so I don't mind paying the big bucks. Then again, when I am on my own it would be more of a concern, but ticket prices don't really concern me. I love the environment of going to a game, and although ticket prices are inflated I'll definitely pay for them.

When you go to one or two games a year, you are more inclined to paying more for a seat because you don't go that often. When I move to Miami (which I want to do after HS or college), I will definitely be a Dolphins season ticket holder, and at that time I don't think I would want to dish out 150 a seat because I will be going to more games a year.

Different people put different values on tickets to events. I personally would pay face value for Dolphins tickets, I definitely think it is worth it, but others don't.

Also, people put different values on watching a Dolphins game. I pay for NFL Sunday Ticket because I think it is worth the 180 dollars or whatever they charge a year, but other people don't think it is worth that much to watch a football game on TV.

This is my first year with season tickets... I cant wait.

Normally I go to a few games a year, normally a freebie (if I can get in with a buddy who works at Motorolla and gets free tix here and there), or I will go to their 4 for 99$ or 4 for 129$ deals..

There is nothing like the live experience, and with good seats it's even better... I tape the games so I can go back later in the week and see the replays, hear the comments..

This preseason we will be seeing more of Griese and Sage, which is fine with me.. Even our 2nd string has me excited..

Considering how Ill spend a couple hours watching them without pads at practice(if work allows it), 37$ each for GOOD upper sideline seats is definately worth it.

Originally posted by JackMeehov

4 1/2 hours? Are you taking US 1 and who's drivin', your Grandma? J/K of course, but you guys must stop alot.

Jack, i actually live in Ormond beachside 3 miles north of granada.
And yes my wife has a bladder the size of a peanut and drinks 5 gallons of water a day. Welcome to my world :D

Wow...20 posts in the string and no one has yet made a comment about how Oronde Gadsden is an a-- and his agent is an utter :goof:

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Value for people are completely different from person to person.
You won't find anyhing where people perform live that isn't somewhat pricey. Let me rephrase that.... find anything where professionals in a field perform live is going to be pricey.

Look at concerts.
The Eagles were just in concert down in Ft. Lauderdale.
Lowest ticket price was $45 and the highest was $150.
Non scalped tickets that is. Some were paying rediculous prices from scalpers. I would never pay that much to go to a concert. It's not my thing.

Look at plays or operas. These events range anywhere from $25 to hundreds of dollars per performance. Again, I would never feel good about spending that type of money for these events, but to some it's well worth the money. Again, it's just not my thing.

Dolphins football IS my thing.

I don't like that the games are that expensive but overall, I really don't think they are compared to other events.

Should the athletes be making rediculous amounts of money, agents living the life of luxury by leaching off athletes, TV execs spending billions and making millions off of our fan dollars.
Well that's a whole entirely diff. issue. I do think many athletes make rediculous amounts of money. It's no more rediculous than the amount of money movie or TV actors make however. It's our economic system take it or leave it.

To me going to the games are priceless.
I look forward to them all week, and I don't feel slighted in the least.

For one there is an electricity at these events that emanates from gathering 75,000 people together in the spirit of competition that many people never get to feel in their mundane daily grinds.
I'll never forget the 85 Bears game when Jim Mcmahon came off the bench to try and spark a comeback. He was sacked on the first play and the crowd got so loud that all the hair on my body stood up and my ears were ringing. You don't just hear that type of energy, you feel it. That's worth something.

Secondly, I'm not just buying the game, I'm also buying into being part of a family. That may sound corny, but we tailgate every week and have built a big base of friends from being at the games. It's like getting all your friends together 10 weekends per year to have a "family picnic". Our price of admission into this social club comes along with the price of Ticket admission for free.

So yes I agree that the games are expensive but I don't think they are anymore expensive than similar entertainment events.

I love going to the games and being part of the experience much more than being the couch potato watching on TV.

Go Fins! See ya at Joe Robbie!

More power to you man.

:lol: I actually might not have to worry about the whole paying for tickets in the future :D

Anyways, I understand what your saying Trekbiz. While I love watching Dolphins games at the stadium, I feel there are better ways to spend the 100+ dollars you would spend there in others things.

Tailgating is different though. ;)

Originally posted by DolfanDaveInATX
Wow...20 posts in the string and no one has yet made a comment about how Oronde Gadsden is an a-- and his agent is an utter :goof:

They are not worth the effort!!

Season Tickets are the best purchase I have ever made!! to spend 8-10 hours a day for about 60 bucks for ticket , parking and tailgating is well worth it. For 48 dollars to sit in the endzone, there is nothing better.

Speaking of Madden he called me at my job last week for a Traveling Visa to Russia on a Princess cruise a few weeks ago..Someone else originally got the call, but he did not know who John was. So I came to the rescue and jumped on the phone to help him out..But I'm not sure if he went or not because I checked our system and he did not send his Passport..

I take it you never been to Cleveland? there is a ton in Cleveland. you should at least go there before you rip it. The Browns suk, the city doesn't.

Originally posted by Migs182005

I stick behind my statements.

As much as I love the Dolphins, there's just no way.

I know the feeling of being at the game. It's amazing. Actually, being on the field is even more thrilling than being on the stands.

But.

At home, at a bar, or wherever. You can see the game better. No need to be in the high 90 degrees of Miami for three hours. No need to pay 60 bucks for a half decent seat. No need to pay 20 bucks for parking. No need to pay ridiculous prices for water or food.

Again, I know the feeling. It's amazing, but I don't think it's worth it at the prices they are at now.

But, I don't discourage not going to the games at all. While I myself have never payed for the tickets when I've gone, there have been many times where we got the tickets either for free, or at reduced prices. That's ok, but not at the normal prices.

Again, just me.

I disagree with you completly and you just slapped all season ticket holders big time and all those who go to the game.

Is it about better seeing or being a part of it?
Sure it is nice to sit your butt at home in AC and slurp a cold one...yet the excitement being there beats it all. I am glad that only a few think like you. And if you again call for fans to go to the game like I think you did last year I call you out on that.

You can get tickets from 20 dollars....gimme a reason for anybody not to go.

Back
Top Bottom