Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hard Rock Stadium field condition updates

Would it be ridiculous for Miami to have artificial turf in the endzones, so they could swap it out, depending who is playing?

I know it sounds kinda crazy, but it sounds like a better, more efficient, and more cost effective solution then ripping it out and replacing all the time.

Yes....I admit....I love grass. Lawn grass, not the high school kind! :lol:
I am always doing 199 steps to my own lawn, so I am interested in watching how Miami handles this new grass and the problems they run in to.

It's been replaced because the Hurricanes have played on it the day before for the past 2 weeks. So the logos have to be redone...

They just need to install field turf and be done with it. It's not like field turf is like the old astro turf. It's much better than that. Plus there would be less wear and tear on it and can handle back to back games in two days much better.

Is any of this true or just someones opinion? The end zones are being redone this weekend for the throwbacks perhaps that is why they are being replaced. I hope they keep the grass. It looks great and I do believe more injuries are occurring on field turf.

Having the Canes and Dolphins play on it with such little time to take root has to be an issue.

Teams up north use real grass and do not rely on turf taking root. They replace as needed.
KC, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Cleveland are just to name a few stadiums with real grass.
They do not rely on grass taking root, or actually growing during the winter. But I'm certain that they wish they could. So what they do is replace.

Is any of this true or just someones opinion? The end zones are being redone this weekend for the throwbacks perhaps that is why they are being replaced. I hope they keep the grass. It looks great and I do believe more injuries are occurring on field turf.

Real turf stadiums keep many people employed. Faux turf stadiums need less workers and less attention to the field.

Not sure if it's been reported, but every week a big chunk gets replaced...this week it's the endzones, home sideline and center logo area. Not to mention the entire field being replaced just a few weeks ago.

I know they are painting the field at all the areas mentioned here, except the home sideline, to match the throwback unis we are wearing this week. Could that be what's going on? :idk:

I have officiated football games on both natural grass and field turf and I have to say that the field turf is tougher on my 50 year old knees and it also radiates a lot of heat. Perhaps the heat thing can be a bit of a home field advantage but I would rather see them keep natural grass and continue to maintain it just like they are now.

22ccc2e7-f104-4aa7-ac66-e53586cbfce1.jpg

This is a hybrid. This is a cross bluegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, featherbed bent, and northern California sinsemilla. The amazing stuff about this is that you can play 4 quarters on it in the afternoon take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt at night on this stuff. I've got pounds of this stuff.
giphy.gif

Here, take a puff on this big ole' Bob Marley joint.
cannonball-coming-o.gif

It's a little harsh...Here. [hands him bottle of wine] Cannonball it, Cannonball! Cannonball comin' through, Cannonball!​

The endzones have to be redone because the paint can't be removed from this type of grass. The logos at midfield and on the sides have to be cut out and replaced as well. Four times this season the Canes and Phins play on the same weekend. That means the logo at midfield is cut out after the Canes game, replaced with new turf and then painted before the sun rises the next day.

The field has already been totally replaced once this season and the entire area between the hash marks has been replaced another time, not counting the endzones and logos.

Now the section that has sun all the time, the visitors sideline is dying out. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom