Hard Rock Stadium Renovation Phase III

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by phins_4_ever, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Hoot

Hoot Keeper of the Old Code Finheaven VIP

I was planning to attend my first home game this year or next. Wanted to wait until all of the renovations were done. Sounds like I might want to wait until 2018.

2. Heisenphin

Heisenphin formally known as CANEPHINS

Draft party on the field tonight...

[​IMG]

3. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Donator

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2017
  4. phins_4_ever

phins_4_ever E22 FH Tailgate Gang Moderator Finheaven VIP

Looks like some work is being done in the parking lots. Thanks number1fin.

number1fin likes this.
  5. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

Like they said on 'The U' documentary. Miami has too much competition for your money. If the team sucks, people are going to spend money on other things, beach, clubs, movies, etc. It's not like we are Green Bay which has literally nothing but Football on Sundays (I know, the team is also great).

On the other hand, sporting events are just getting ridiculous in price lately and the advancements in in-house technology have really turned away the casual customer. Between tickets, food, and parking at a Fins game for a family of 4 you would EASILY spend $500 plus the hell that is that parking lot wasting another 2 hours in traffic.

Sit at home watching the game on a 60 inch plasma in the cold A/C sounds nice....

Don't get me wrong, I love the feel and atmosphere of the stadium. Hell, from my student days at the 'U' going to the Orange Bowl, nothing compared to that feeling. 70,000 screaming fans, you could hear and feel the stadium sway side to side.

Marlins stadium is a joke. Engineering marvel, but does nothing for the baseball feel. I am used to the traditional red brick baseball stadium (family in Atlanta) with Turner Field or Fenway etc....

fininpsl and nick1 like this.
  6. phins_4_ever

Miami is not unique in that. As a matter of fact I'd say that places like Green Bay are the exception. Buffalo which called itself best fans in the NFL in the 90s is as empty as our place when they suck. So are the Jets or the Patriots back in the 90s.

Seattle which gets all the "best homefield advantage in the NFL" credit played in front of 40k and 30k in the 90s and early 2000s and were on the "move to another city" block. The '12th man' was born when the Seahawks became competitive.

The difference between Miami and most cities is that it takes longer for the fans to warm up to success again. But if a team is unsuccessful plenty of stadiums are empty - except Green Bay.

Soflonative and GothicPhin like this.
  7. biggrouper

biggrouper Scout Team

I had a guest on my tour boat to the Exuma Cays today tell me how he built the columns for the Dolphins Stadium Upgrade last year and that he just finished up with Jacksonville's upgrade to their stadium... He had nothing but great things to say about working for the Dolphins team and that every aspect of the job that he was a part of was %100 professional and that the communications were awesome. He said Ross's people just knew what they were doing every single day. He didn't say the same about Jacksonville. Basically he said they got the $%@* end of the stick because they couldn't communicate and were so unorganized that he and his team almost left a few times without finishing their job.

I haven't been to the new stadium yet but I have plans and I am looking forward to it. As for the parking and the traffic. I make sure someone else drives so I can have a few drinks and then sleep through the foolishness afterwards...

8. phins_4_ever

When you say 'columns' you are talking about the spikes? If you are still in contact with the guy I have some questions about those spikes. :biggrin

BTW, they have done a beautiful job. You really only realize and appreciate it when you go to the stadium. It feels like home now.

TheJetsBlow likes this.
  9. biggrouper

biggrouper Scout Team

No Contact... But he used the word Columns not spike. I think he was referring what is holding up the new roof and the jumbo-trons.

phins_4_ever likes this.
  10. phins_4_ever

I was wondering. There are different sets of columns. The spiky ones which float and then those outside columns (next to the spiral walkways) which hold the roof up. But no biggy. Thanks though.

11. SaskFinFan

SaskFinFan Rookie Finheaven VIP

making me want to take another trip down south to see a game, stadium sounds amazing. Enjoyed it the last time gown there about 5 years ago. Need to see the new stadium.

12. Soflonative

Soflonative Super Donator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Rendering of Cornertsone club bar area.jpg
    Rendering of new Cornerstone Club bar area in each of the corner club sections of the stadium.

13. Soflonative

Floor plan of cornerstone club area.jpg Cornertsone bar.jpg Cornerstone bar #2.jpg
    Floor plan of new Cornerstone Club seating and bar area, and construction photo's. Only ticket holders in the cornerstone club and corner club sections will have access to bar area, while providing access to the rest of the 200 level concession areas. They removed approximately eight suites (four upstairs and four downstairs) in each corner sections of the stadium to create this new area with 64 indoor air conditioned seating. Located in all four corners of the club level area with up stair (mezzanine) seating in the NE and SE corners of the stadium.

uk_dolfan likes this.
  14. Soflonative

Rendering of Club level.jpg
    Rendering of the updated 200 level concession area, looks like they relocated the team store's from the corner area's of the stadium to create room for the new cornerstone and expanded corner club seating and bar area.

15. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

Can someone pay for me to go to a home game? The more I see from these renovations the more I really want to attend a home game.

Beach Bum 91 likes this.
  16. phins_4_ever

Some construction pics of the club level, suites. Parking lots have remained untouched. I guess they really redo them next year.

Dolpgins Phase 3 (01).jpg Dolpgins Phase 3 (02).jpg Dolpgins Phase 3 (03.jpg Dolpgins Phase 3 (04).jpg Dolpgins Phase 3 (05).jpg

Attached Files:

Soflonative and TheJetsBlow like this.
  17. phins_4_ever

18. scodoublet

scodoublet Zero In Donator

19. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

061220171803_l.jpg
    U2 concert last night....

Many were talking about how the turf problems from last season would be alleviated by a full summer of letting the grass "taking root". Well, there are several more concerts before the season starts.

20. Soflonative

Wow, Looks horrible and yet they are having two more concerts there on 7/7 (Metallica) and 8/28 (Cold Play). The Hurricanes play a home game on 9/2 and the Fins home opener 8 days later.
    There is no way they can have that field playable in time for either the Canes or Fins, even with a re-sodding. Nice job (Ross) for putting the team and players in jeopardy for probably the whole season on a crappy field.

21. scodoublet

Wow, that grass seems to die fast!
    I'm sure a concert puts a lot of stress on the grass, but it should come back to life once it gets some water & sun again.
    If not, it's not the right grass. Time to pick something else.

22. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Looks very similar to the photo posted by Heisenphin on April 27, not much has changed w/ field surface.

[​IMG]

23. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

Ha, that's because he inserted the feed of the webcam, which continuously changes....

24. Heisenphin

Yep, the field was perfect when I posted it.

25. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

Time to start over...

PROPL_l.jpg

26. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

Ren likes this.
  27. Soflonative

It will be interesting to see what happens to the field after the Metallica concert in early July and the one in late August a few days before the Canes opener.

28. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

Considering they'll be replacing the field again a week or two before the opener, I can't see this season being any better...

29. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler

They should have installed field turf after last season ended!

30. Heisenphin

They shouldn't install any turf until all the concert stuff is done. Just put boards down until then.

31. Soflonative

Dolphin Stadium.jpg

The one change I did notice about the East Parking lot when I was at the U2 concert was that they put in a sidewalk and about a 3-4' fence all along the western end of the parking rows, as highlighted in yellow. That really sucks as I use to be able to cut through by the heli pad area to get back to north bound turnpike after the games and avoid all the congestion.
    I guess their point is to funnel all pedestrian traffic to certain cross over areas to prevent people from walking in front of the traffic closest to the stadium. I was told by my ticket rep that next year they intend to put in pedestrian bridges at those cross over areas. I don't know if they are going to be doing the same thing in the West Parking lot. Did anyone else notice that or hear anything?

32. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

PROPL_l.jpg

They don't look to be in a hurry to put down new field, I'm guessing they're going to wait until after the Metallica concert on July 7th...that should suffice for the upcoming preseason and soccer games, but likely won't survive the Coldplay show on August 28th.

33. phins_4_ever

We park in the east lot. It won't effect us much at all. They started putting up moveable barricades along that yellow line a few years ago. It prevented people from entering East Lot from the Turnpike and then driving down and exiting onto the road next to the stadium basically using East Lot as a thru road.
    Did you exit through 1A? We are always using 2 but coming from the helipad area I don't think you could use 2 anyways.

I don't know where you are parking but if you can get to the helipad area (North Lot) then just take the road around the stadium. That leads you right into Exit 1A. (see arrow)
    You just cannot cut across the parking lot anymore. :roflmao
    Dolphin Stadium.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  34. phins_4_ever

When I made that statement a while ago I was not aware how many events were planned. I actually thought that the grass will have a good 2 or 3 months and would then be covered properly for other non-sports events.

35. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

I was referring to the playing field

36. phins_4_ever

Sorry. I had the wrong quote in my post. I will correct that.

37. scodoublet

We need a contact in the HRS Turf Management Dept. :thumbsup

38. dirwuf

dirwuf Scout Team

39. Heisenphin

40. Heisenphin

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Soflonative and scodoublet like this.