Harris: Draftnik Predictions (+burning intensity, internal fire & strong work ethic) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris: Draftnik Predictions (+burning intensity, internal fire & strong work ethic)

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Charles Harris draft projections
Terez Paylor, The Kansas City Star: Washington, No. 17 overall

Mike Mayock, NFL.com: New Orleans, No. 11 overall

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com and SB Nation: Indianapolis, No. 15 overall

DraftSite and Maurice Jones-Drew, NFL.com: Baltimore, No. 16 overall

ESPN NFL Nation and Walter Football: Washington, No. 17 overall

Charley Casserly, NFL.com: Tennessee, No. 18 overall

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports: Detroit, No. 21 overall

Will Brinson, CBS Sports: Miami, No. 22 overall

Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN: New York Giants, No. 23 overall

Chris Simms, Bleacher Report: Oakland, No. 24 overall

Rob Rang, CBS Sports, Dan Brugler, CBS Sports, and Ryan Wilson, CBS Sports and Lance Zierlein, NFL.com, and Bucky Brooks, NFL.com: Dallas, No. 28 overall

Todd McShay, ESPN: Green Bay, No. 29 overall

Jared Dubin, CBS Sports: Atlanta, No. 31 overall
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article147079619.html#storylink=cpy

plus:
Harris: Intensity, Huge Chip On Shoulder, Strong Work Ethic & Productivity
NFL Draft analysts expect Charles Harris’ dream will come true tonight
BY TOD PALMER
tpalmer@kcstar.com

There is never a shortage of NFL teams that need pass-rushing help.

Quarterback is the most important position in the modern NFL, which means a guy who can harass the quarterback is the most important for an opposing defense.

Texas A&M defensive end Myles Garrett has long been projected as the No. 1 overall in the 2017 NFL Draft, but it’s a deep and talented class for edge rushers.

One of the best of the bunch is Missouri’s Charles Harris.

Unheralded out of Lincoln Prep High in Kansas City, Harris’ work ethic propelled him to a starting and starring role the last two seasons with the Tigers.

He’s got an intensity about that can’t be taught, a chip on his shoulder the size of Uluru, and a hunger to flourish and prove wrong any and all doubters — even if he has to invent them as a target for that white-hot internal fire.

Harris’ trademark spin move is coming to an NFL stadium near you on Sundays next fall after he opted to leave Mizzou early and forego his senior season.

It was absolutely the right move for Harris — who was a second-team All-SEC performer in 2015 after racking up 56 tackles with 18 1/2 for a loss and seven sacks.

First-year coach Barry Odom’s decision to install a read-and-react defensive scheme neutered Harris early in the 2016 season, forcing him to two-gap on the edge.

That tamped down Harris’ productivity by rendering his speed and athleticism void on most plays, at least with respect to getting after the quarterback.

Once Missouri reverted to its old ways, focusing again on creating disruption with its vaunted D-Line Zou, Harris went on to finish with team-highs of nine sacks and 12 tackles for a loss.

He even actually finished with more tackles (61) than his sophomore season, a testament to Harris’ motor and effectiveness against the run.

Still, that’s not what Harris, who has the versatility to play as a 4-3 end with his hand on the ground or a 3-4 stand-up rush linebacker at the next level, will be getting paid millions of dollars to do in the coming months and years.

It’s all about getting after that quarterback.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/article147079619.html#storylink=cpy

I think the guy is a good football player and plays fast and explosive with pads on.... He needs to develop, and that's alright, we have 2 starters already.... You can't overlook SEC production....the guy is talented, has bend and great foot work.... Oh and that spin! I'm excited to watch him develop.

There's a ton of talent available at 54,heck if Willis is there at 54 I'd take him too!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That says he was good against the run and has a high motor while another thing I just read today was saying those were his weaknesses. I sure hope its his strengths.

But he's a third round talent, at best guys! He's merely a third down player and he's useless otherwise!

In Mayock's only draft, I believe today, he had him going to the Saints at 11: (and Foster going at 10)

PICK 11
Charles Harris - DE
School: Missouri. They have to get better on defense. Harris must get stronger against the run, but he will be a double-digit sack guy early in his career.

Jeremiah, another guru I respect had him going at 15 and Walter at 17

The only other draft guy from that list I respect is McShay and he had him going at 29 :idk: Either way, it looks like we might have under-drafted instead of reached .. or at worse took him where he should have gone as numerically 9 had him going above and 9 below 22

I've been fan of his through the entire process. Best thing he will have going for him is being able to learn from Cameron Wake.

Double digit sacks are in his future.

Cam's not gonna be here forever. This is his replacement and getting both on the field at the same time for a few years should make our pass run top notch.

Now do something for the run defense day2.

Cam's not gonna be here forever. This is his replacement and getting both on the field at the same time for a few years should make our pass run top notch.

Agree, but not sure how much he'll see the field when Cam's in.

Been watching 2016 season again. One thing that's stood out to me is how often Branch pressures or sacks the QB and how often he ends up impacting the play, if not making the tackle for runs. I know Branch isn't popular right now cuz of how much we paid him. However, I'm beginning to get an inkling as to WHY we paid him.

So, if Branch continues to shine as I believe he did last year, not sure Harris will be starting opposite Wake at all. But he could become a part of a valuable rotation? :ponder:

The thing I like about him most is his sudden-ness. He just hit the jackpot with Wake to learn from and possibly the best pass protector in Tunsil for practice.

USA Today had him going at #16 to the Ravens. Greg Cote of the Miami Herald mocked him to us #22, nice job Greg!!!

Agree, but not sure how much he'll see the field when Cam's in.

Been watching 2016 season again. One thing that's stood out to me is how often Branch pressures or sacks the QB and how often he ends up impacting the play, if not making the tackle for runs. I know Branch isn't popular right now cuz of how much we paid him. However, I'm beginning to get an inkling as to WHY we paid him.

So, if Branch continues to shine as I believe he did last year, not sure Harris will be starting opposite Wake at all. But he could become a part of a valuable rotation? :ponder:

i think it's pretty clear that Harris won't start in 2017 (barring injury). not with the players we already had at DE and with the way Harris plays vs. the run.

Apparently he's only been playing organized football for 6 years. His effort, strength, and athleticism is fine. IMHO as log as he's coachable, this could end up being a terrific pick. Most of what his current fault are can be fixed with coaching given a good attitude.

Wake can be to Harris what JT was to him.

I think this was a good move and a good fit. That "chip on the shoulder" is the same thing that drives Wake. It will make them a natural mentor/mentee pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom