Harris was mocked in 5 out of 7 drafts on NFL.com before Fins pick, IMO great value | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris was mocked in 5 out of 7 drafts on NFL.com before Fins pick, IMO great value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
The NFL.com draft analysts such as Mayock, Jeremiah, Brooks & others had Harris mocked to go 15, 11, 21, 21, N/A, 28, & 16. So most expected him not to be available. Most other mocks I looked at had him going before us as well but there was some like Peter King had him going after us.

Also on Mayocks final rankings he was #3, behind ONLY Garrett & Thomas.

If we wanted BPA & help fill a need I think we did well. My wife graduated from Bama so I like Foster a lot but his off the field & injuries scared me but he is an awesome player but happy with the Harris pick.

you should checkout Ted Slimm's opinion on the pick. I would trust Slimm over Brooks and Jeremiah anyday. Mayock is alrite though.

Harris is being accused of looking good selectively and against lesser competition. Maybe that's so, but isn't that the knock on Myles Garrett also?

Harris was on of my top 5 wish list (C. Harris, D. Barnett, R. Foster, H. Reddick, and J. Davis) at 22. The only one left out of my top 5 that was available with Harris at that time was Foster. I believe the Fins chose Harris due to character and injury history, and I am fine with it. I am really curious about Foster's behavior that got him kicked out of the combine. What he was said, and his actions that caused the NFL to remove a high-pick player from the combine. Those things coupled with his injury scared a lot of teams. Hell, Cincinnati even passed on him.

I love how people are trying to justify this pick

No need to justify it, I don't get paid to make the selection. All I am stating is what thoughts were on him prior to the draft. I had not paid attention to how high he was projected to go in the other mocks. Honestly he was in my top 5 of players Inwould have been with.

I love how people are trying to justify this pick

Just like many people are claiming he'll be a bust before he even takes a snap in the NFL.

Both sides will be proven right or wrong at some point. But until then people should be allowed to express their opinions one way or the other.

And of course, we have to understand that at the end of the day no one can really predict how Charles Harris will develop in the NFL. Only time will tell.

Just like many people are claiming he'll be a bust before he even takes a snap in the NFL.

Both sides will be proven right or wrong at some point. But until then people should be allowed to express their opinions one way or the other.

And of course, we have to understand that at the end of the day no one can really predict how Charles Harris will develop in the NFL. Only time will tell.

No is tossing around the bust label (well, maybe Football Outsiders and a few others), issue remains he's a situational player taken in the first round.

2&8+, 3&5+, are the times when he'll be on the field. Now take into account how many 1st downs we surrendered on 1st and 2nd down and the amount of short yardage 3rd downs we faced b/c our run defense sucks ass and Harris' impact is limited even more. Poor value, very poor.

No is tossing around the bust label (well, maybe Football Outsiders and a few others), issue remains he's a situational player taken in the first round.

2&8+, 3&5+, are the times when he'll be on the field. Now take into account how many 1st downs we surrendered on 1st and 2nd down and the amount of short yardage 3rd downs we faced b/c our run defense sucks ass and Harris' impact is limited even more. Poor value, very poor.

Trust me, I was here last night and those accusations definitely happened.

Doesn't matter though. Like I said, people can discuss why they hate the pick or why the love it, but at the end of the day all that matters is how he performs in a Dolphins uniform, and we have yet to see that happen.

If he has limited playing time but still makes an impact by creating needed sacks for the team, then the pick will be a success. If he is unable to do that, then it means our FO was wrong.

It's clear we wanted a DE at 22 and it was either going to be Barnett or Harris. So I'm willing to give our FO the benefit of the doubt and wait and see if their vision for the player pays dividends.

Harris was on of my top 5 wish list (C. Harris, D. Barnett, R. Foster, H. Reddick, and J. Davis) at 22. The only one left out of my top 5 that was available with Harris at that time was Foster. I believe the Fins chose Harris due to character and injury history, and I am fine with it. I am really curious about Foster's behavior that got him kicked out of the combine. What he was said, and his actions that caused the NFL to remove a high-pick player from the combine. Those things coupled with his injury scared a lot of teams. Hell, Cincinnati even passed on him.

I love those who are against the pick already have their mind made up over a guy who hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

It's been out there that he gave a medical staff member sh*t about how long the wait was and then hinted or outright threatened that he may "put his hands" on him......he also supposedly pulled out the "don't you know who I am" prima donna card......all that combined with questions about the severity/long term possible issues with his shoulder and I'm glad we passed on this fool - and there can be no doubt he is a fool since anyone with a modicum of common sense would know to control themselves in a situation that can dictate your draft staus, career future & the amount of money you can realize.

Edited to add:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...-know-who-i-am-card-with-employee-at-combine/

(Combined tweets):

Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card. A male hospital employee, unimpressed, told him he would wait like everyone else. Foster warned the man that he'd put hands on him, and the employee said, simply, Do it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/s...-alabama-crimson-tide-booted-combine-argument

Foster had been waiting for an extended period for what the NFL calls his "pre-exam," when he grew increasingly impatient and began questioning a hospital worker.

The hospital worker did not take kindly to Foster's words, and eventually the two were face-to-face, in a heated exchange.

One would think that we have plans to improve the defense this year -- or stated another way, we didn't draft him to ride in our time machine and play on last years team... ;).

I have no idea if he'll be worth the pick, but until he plays for a year or two, no one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom