Harris will be to the DL what James was to the OL: pure MEH. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris will be to the DL what James was to the OL: pure MEH.

LDaniel7

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
Whatever.

Dolphins gonna Dolphin.

New regime but same MO of picking, it seems like.

Maybe Tannenbaum will leave in five years, after consigning Miami to five more years of mediocrity and causing Phins to need a new coach.

Maybe then Miami will be able to assemble a roster that strong up the middle on O and D, holds the edge on D and can defend all over the field.

Gonna be a long season guys. Branch and Harris the big money guys on DL. And Pouncey counted on up the middle after another off-season of losing core strength. And Bushrod and another scrub to protect the middle of the line on O. And non-run defenders on the roster again -- front seven will be in bottom 4th in run D.

And secondary bottom 4th in defending middle of field and quick hits.

It's discouraging, sometimes, to be a Phin fan.

LD

Don't know anything about this Harris kid. What's the scoop on him?

Limited down and limited impact defender with our first pick. Neat.

[video=youtube;G9m8O-7J5NM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9m8O-7J5NM[/video]

Nothing has ****ing changed. Literally, with our scouts, nothing has ****ing changed.

Limited down and limited impact defender with our first pick. Neat.

[video=youtube;G9m8O-7J5NM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9m8O-7J5NM[/video]

Nothing has ****ing changed. Literally, with our scouts, nothing has ****ing changed.

The truth.

Sad. But true.

Harris a better college player than a pro, imo.

LD

You probably had this whole thing saved in a template for months and just pulled it out, filled in the blanks, and would've posted it no matter who the Dolphins picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the pick personally. Time will tell how it plays out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You probably had this whole thing saved in a template for months and just pulled it out, filled in the blanks, and would've posted it no matter who the Dolphins picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is too true. The time stamp on this would read like 3:30 a.m Dec 27th, 2016.

He’s a situational rusher day one, which is fine because we signed Will Hayes. I think he needs to pack on the pounds a bit before he can play an every down 4-3 DE. His spin move is absolute filth. I mean, best in the draft hands down. He can move in space for which we might like to utilize him on stunts. Yes his power rush game needs some work, as does his ability to set an edge.

I get some people aren’t gonna be thrilled because workout numbers are extremely important for edge rushers, but you have to weigh up the two. And Harris’ tape is really, really good.

I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in the "Bigfoot" thread ...

So I guess we'll get more of his jerky commercials "messin' with Sasquatch" which it seems to be.

Truly, I think this is a good pick. Not my first choice, but the kid has a lot of good points:

Good:
1. Great 1st step
2. Gets low very well
3. Strong hands and arms to finish
4. Exceptional spin move ala Freeney
5. Extremely effective shooting the on stunts/twists generating A-gap pressure
6. Nicknamed "Black Ice" because by the time you see him ... its too late. IMHO, this is in part because he uses his blockers as cover to hide behind and comes out of his separation with a very explosive first step and direct line to the QB making his pass rushes very effective and his hits sudden.
7. Can keep his speed while turning without getting looped wide
8. Can probably play SAM if we switch to a 34 scheme, and profiles as an effective player dropping into coverage in a zone blitz

Bad:
1. Poor run defense ... but the same goes for Branch and Wake honestly.
2. Unclear whether he "loves football" so monitor this one closely.
3. Takes plays off. Motor runs hot and cold. Gives up. Call it what you want, but his motor is no Cam Wake, but hopefully with Wake mentoring him, that will change.
4. Really just a situational pass rusher at this point, but hopefully he can develop into a full time DE while Wake is still here.
5. Poor tackler when runners change direction on him. He is much better when he is the aggressor, but when forced to react when people are moving towards him he is far less effective.
6. Questionable power. But he does get the low position well, so he understands leverage.
7. Once an OL gets their hands on him, he is done unless he already has the angle.
8. Needs to work on his stamina.

All in all, I can see him being more effective than Sasquatch ... jus' sayin'.

The only good part of the pick is that Bigfoot liked it, lol.

LD

Back
Top Bottom