Harris's Character Big Reason for Selection | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harris's Character Big Reason for Selection

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article147316524.html

In short, he’s the anti-Dion Jordan, the last edge rusher selected by the Dolphins in Round 1.
But don’t just take Grier’s word for it.
Harris made the case himself, speaking to reporters just after the Dolphins took him.
“At the end of the day, it’s about what you’ve got in your heart,” Harris said. “That’s what I’ve got. I’ve got heart. I’ve got a drive that’s nasty. I’m just trying to ball at the end of the day. I’m going to get to the quarterback without a doubt.”

I think there's plenty to question about Harris, but from everything I've read questioning his work ethic seems rediculous
I
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article147316524.html#storylink=cpy

i sure hope so - seems like he has some tools, but not necessarily a physical or athletic upper-hand (like dion did) - so, it's going to require that work ethic for him to make large contributions in the NFL...

i think if the sentiment proves true, wake will extract every ounce of work ethic out of him, and serve as a perfect mentor

I hope he is the one to finally take Tom Brady's head off (literally).

Another bust. Seriously couldn't be more disappointed

We are actually in a pretty fortunate position where we have lots of experienced veterans on the D-line. Cam Wake, Ndamukong Suh, William Hayes and Andre Branch are all high character guys and can be really good role models to Charles Harris. Time will tell how he goes but this appears a sensible, rational selection with upside.

Another bust. Seriously couldn't be more disappointed

And how do you know he will be a bust without playing a down in the NFL yet? Pretty stupid comment by you. I'm not a big fan of the pick myself, but it's a little early to call him a bust. I just think linebacker was a bigger need at that point.

I liked mostly what I saw of him on film, except his pursuit of plays. He could have made a ton of plays had he played all the way to the ball through the play. I really like the pic, but saw more often then not a guy who only played a few seconds of the play in his area, when he could have made plays had he played to the ball hard!

MUCH better pass rusher than Dion Jordan. Jordan was stuck in quicksand and was mediocre as hell. He never had the heart or drive.

This kid is clearly an alpha, almost arrogant. But I like it. "a drive thats nasty".

Wasnt he projected to go in the teens, High motor, High caracter guy. Not bad IMO. or do I want a freak athlete with no motor, huge upside..hmmmmm how did that work out for us last time with Dion??? the Next Jason Taylor, reminds me of Demarcus Ware "dumb ass mayock". I will stick with a solid pick with high caracter that can take Cam´s place when retires or injures. HE IS 35. Branch cost us 9 mill per and he is meh.
I am not ecstatic but I wonder eho every one else would have taken there? Rueben was the one I wanted but if 31 other teams passed on him because of medical NOT INTERESTED, didnt DION have an injured shoulder when we drafted him. Actually shows me this REGIME is one thing SMART and SAAVY. calculated risks LIKE TUNSIL. second day if we can draft one of the 4 remaining lineman and a Safety we in great positon.
The more i read and here from the kid the more I like him. Comparisons to dwight freeny and others. Best pure pass rusher in the draft. YOU CANT TEACH BEND..."SIMILAR TO CAM WAKE" hell I will take it. Pick for now and the future.

One thing that nobody is mentioning, and I feel is a huge plus.. no medical red flags.. no shoulder problems (foster) , previous knee surgeries (Watt with 2 already).. I've been fed up with drafting players needing to heal/recover..
Character - check
Health/injury prone - check
Extreme work ethic - check
Ultimate pash rusher - check

We better draft a sideline to sideline LB for run support, but overall, I'm quite happy

[TWEET]857795123224117249[/TWEET]

Wasnt he projected to go in the teens, High motor, High caracter guy. Not bad IMO. or do I want a freak athlete with no motor, huge upside..hmmmmm how did that work out for us last time with Dion??? the Next Jason Taylor, reminds me of Demarcus Ware "dumb ass mayock". I will stick with a solid pick with high caracter that can take Cam´s place when retires or injures. HE IS 35. Branch cost us 9 mill per and he is meh.
I am not ecstatic but I wonder eho every one else would have taken there? Rueben was the one I wanted but if 31 other teams passed on him because of medical NOT INTERESTED, didnt DION have an injured shoulder when we drafted him. Actually shows me this REGIME is one thing SMART and SAAVY. calculated risks LIKE TUNSIL. second day if we can draft one of the 4 remaining lineman and a Safety we in great positon.
The more i read and here from the kid the more I like him. Comparisons to dwight freeny and others. Best pure pass rusher in the draft. YOU CANT TEACH BEND..."SIMILAR TO CAM WAKE" hell I will take it. Pick for now and the future.

Actually some of the projections with credibility had him going as high as 11 and 15:
Charles Harris draft projections
Terez Paylor, The Kansas City Star: Washington, No. 17 overall

Mike Mayock, NFL.com: New Orleans, No. 11 overall

Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com and SB Nation: Indianapolis, No. 15 overall

DraftSite and Maurice Jones-Drew, NFL.com: Baltimore, No. 16 overall

ESPN NFL Nation and Walter Football: Washington, No. 17 overall

Charley Casserly, NFL.com: Tennessee, No. 18 overall

Pete Prisco, CBS Sports: Detroit, No. 21 overall

Will Brinson, CBS Sports: Miami, No. 22 overall

Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN: New York Giants, No. 23 overall

Chris Simms, Bleacher Report: Oakland, No. 24 overall

Rob Rang, CBS Sports, Dan Brugler, CBS Sports, and Ryan Wilson, CBS Sports and Lance Zierlein, NFL.com, and Bucky Brooks, NFL.com: Dallas, No. 28 overall

Todd McShay, ESPN: Green Bay, No. 29 overall

Jared Dubin, CBS Sports: Atlanta, No. 31 overall

Love the pick, elite pass rusher that will learn from Wake & probably be a starter in 2018 when Hayes leaves as a F.A

And how do you know he will be a bust without playing a down in the NFL yet? Pretty stupid comment by you. I'm not a big fan of the pick myself, but it's a little early to call him a bust. I just think linebacker was a bigger need at that point.

Crystal balls are quite the rage on eBay. Check it out.

Back
Top Bottom