Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by normaldude, Dec 31, 2012.

1. normaldude

normaldude Starter

Why do so many Finheaven posters want to get rid of Brian Hartline?

He's not a superstar, but he's a solid #2, has developed chemistry with Tannehill, and we should definitely keep him.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Banned Hammered

What is the purpose of this thread? I dont get why Dolphins fans say this. Are you trying to argue that Hartline is better than any one of those 3 guys? If so, gtfo because you're delusional.

Its not even a question that those 3 are leagues ahead of Hartline

3. normaldude

normaldude Starter

Nope. I never said Hartline was better than any of those 3 guys.

Please re-read my post.

4. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

I think he's saying that you don't just let a quality guy like hartline walk.

5. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Hartline doesn't score. He's allergic to the end zone and he's not a big play guy.

6. MiamiNative0722

Reality is we will draft a wide receiver to develop to eventually be our number 1. A rookie won't be able to provide the offensive firepower to put up number 1 stats in the first year.

So the receiver we bring in whether its Hartline Wallace or Jennings will have to be our temporary number 1 while the rookie develops. Eventually that player would become our number 2 under that rookie. Might as well make it the best receiver available and that is NOT Hartline!

Hartline isn't even a good number 2. Hell, Wallace was the number 2 in Pittsburgh. Look at other 2's: Nelson, Cobb, JJ, White, Nicks

7. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

So what kind of thread do you think is more useful...the 500th unoriginal anti-Ireland regurgitation??

8. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

he only scored 6 points for us that is why

9. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

I like Hartline, but to be fair, Jennings was hurt a big chunk of the year.

10. normaldude

normaldude Starter

I should also mention that in 2012, Brian Hartline's avg yards/reception was also better than Wallace, Bowe, and Jennings.

I know you guys want two megatrons as our WRs, but that isn't happening.

Hartline won't break the bank, and he'll be a solid #2 for us. Keep the guy.

11. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

Sorry I was unaware that there was a 100 yards between the endzone. I guess we should flip a coin to see if we score on any given drive. "someone" has to move the ball, might as well keep a guy who's proven to help move the ball.

12. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Besides the fact that he seems to get tackled by phantom contact I really like Hartline. If you watched the tape this year teams always had help over the top for him. He isn't a number 1 but he got covered like one this year and still finished with some very good numbers. I think we should trade Bess, sign Jennings and draft a receiver like Allen. Hartline, Jennings and Allen are a good core. Then it would allow us to double up on TE this year with Eifert (trade up) and Jordan Reed. That would be a damn good receiving core.

13. dolfin530

dolfin530 Student of the Game

Jennings had injuries, Bowe had bad QB's, and Wallace held out. Doesn't matter Hartline will be back and we need one of these guys on the opposite side.

14. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

And if he ends up being our #3 that is one hell of an offense if you ask me.

15. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Only Dolphin fans could look at a 1,000 yard receiver and say he sucks and act like anyone proclaiming he has value is an idiot. You don't have to be a TD machine to be a useful offensive piece. In all likelihood I see us bringing in someone else and Hartline moving on, but Hartline is probably going to pull a Welker and have a number of good seasons in an offense with more talent on the field.

16. trockthespot

trockthespot Rookie

Hartline is a good-average player and that's are problem we just have a bunch of good-average players and we need some great impact players...but he does do a good job between the 20s and he should have a place on our team as a complementry player not as a go to guy like he was this year

17. jlfin

jlfin old pro

As Dave Hyde wrote after the game. Hartline may have been auditioning for Bellicheck. He's exactly the type of player the Pats covet. Hard working and intelligent.
    Welker didn't score much as a phin either.

18. MiamiNative0722

I'll take Jennings and Keenan Allen.

The reason we want him to walk is because if we go get Jennings, we wont be able to afford more receivers other than in the draft. So we want Jennings more.

19. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

besides, if you get more WR/TE's going in this offense it would stand to reason he would score more TD's. Hartline dives for balls and is great at the sideline, but he catches alot of those balls that others cannot. He also was double covered yesterday and still burned them. Hartline is one guy I would not mind overpaying for a little if neccessary because BB has his eye on him. take it to the bank.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I'll take Jennings and Stedman Bailey. more versatile.

20. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

This is the biggest problem with fantasy football. People spend more time checking out NFL.com's stats site than actually watching the games. I don't want to get rid of Hartline, but if you think Hartline is anywhere near the WR any of those other three are, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

21. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Hartline's case is obvious. For a cheap contract, he's worth bringing back, but if he's the 2nd best WR on your team, you're in trouble.

22. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

Hartline had more yards and a higher YPC than Larry Fitzgerald, too. I wonder why the OP didn't bring that up? :bobdole:

23. Dolfan4life!

Dolfan4life! A True Fan

Hartline is a good possession receiver, something that any/every team needs. However, he lacks the ability to be a serious playmaker in this offense - not very much YAC ability...but he will move the chains for the offense. I'd love to be able to keep him on the team, but we also need to substantially upgrade the position with a playmaker or two.

24. Billk78

Billk78 Scout Team

Maybe he doesnt score much because they don't call his number in the red zone. Marshall couldnt score here either and he had 15 with the Bears. TDs isnt the only stat, this isnt fantasy football.

25. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

I think the counter agrument is that with all our free agents hartline might be expendable and his contract could potentially keep us from getting one of the better 3 guys in the OP

26. DolfanAdam

DolfanAdam Scout Team

For someone who missed most of camp, and came in to a team with a bunch of rag-tag supporting cast I think Hartline had a phenomenal season, and we would be absolutely foolish to not resign him. Because as others have said, you can put money on it that he'll be burning us twice as a year as a Patriot if we are dumb enough to let him walk.

The whole talk of statistics makes me laugh too, did all you stat fanatics watch every game this season? Even in yesterdays abysmal showing Hartline was one of the very few bright spots. I agree he isn't a #1, but think about what we started this season with Armstrong, Clay, Naanee? By all accounts we were set to have the worst WR corps in the NFL, and a few weeks in, Hartline was leading the NFL in yards! I think we would be just fine, if not a serious threat having Hartline opposite any of the names being tossed around.

27. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm all for bringing him back as a #2 or #3 guy.

28. footsteps_falco

footsteps_falco Damn SugarBowl Finheaven VIP Donator

I think Bess can fill the role hartline does would rather revamp this unit and not get sentimental ... If hartline costs 3-4 mil i think it's time to move on. Plenty of wideouts get 1000 yards it doesn't have to mean that much. No one contested him this year his season was a product of lack of other players around him. In a way it's sad but if he can hit 1k what can a Jennings or Wallace do here without other playmakers taking reps ect? Also if you take out the cardinals game is anyone THAt impressed with his season? I'm not he's average. You can get better in the draft for cheaper if need be.

29. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Letting Hartline go would be insane

30. 3rdandinches

3rdandinches Seasoned Veteran

Hartline has improved every year, I thought that's what you wanted out of your draft picks. Now people want to let him go, what happened to drafting to build your team and re-signing your own?

31. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

If Hartline is our 3rd guy, we'd be in good shape. We need to get 2 weapons for Tannehill that can actually score TD's.

32. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

Hartline is a solid NFL receiver who gets open b/c he runs GREAT routes....something many more talented receivers have yet to figure out or simply don't care about, thinking their raw physical talent will always win out.

Tannehill has grown very comfortable with Hartline, so i would love to keep him around next year as a #2 guy as long as his contract demands are reasonable.

33. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Can you mention how all three had more TDs than Hartline?

34. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

I detest fantasy football and don't participate in any of it, but its ridiculous to act like there isn't value in 1,000 yards and over 70 catches. Tannehill could count on Hartline to beat coverage or be there for a third down conversion more than all the other receivers on the field combined.

35. PlexGod

PlexGod Starter

ok i have a question then for all those people that want to bring back Hartline. Would you rather have a guy with 70+ catches and 1000 yards and one TD one the team or a guy with say 60 catches for 800 yards and 7 Tds on the team. Dont know about you guy and this isnt fantasy football talking, i want the guy that scores point for us. 1000 yards dont mean anything if we dont get the ball in the endzone to put up points.... The amount of yards at the end of the game dont mean **** if we dont score points.

36. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Which is more damning to the WR corp than flattering to what Hartline did.

37. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

This and does the OP really think he get's as much as attention as these 3 receivers do from defense?

38. normaldude

normaldude Starter

I would prefer to have both. You need more than 1 WR. Mike Wallace & Brian Hartline as our boundary WRs.

39. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

I don't know about that. Hartline doesn't have the quicks that Welker has. Have you noticed that every time we play a team that plays a lot of man ( I.e. gets in Hartline's face), he has one of his two or zero catch games?

40. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator