Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012.

If Hartline is our 3rd guy, we'd be in good shape. We need to get 2 weapons for Tannehill that can actually score TD's.

Hartline is a solid NFL receiver who gets open b/c he runs GREAT routes....something many more talented receivers have yet to figure out or simply don't care about, thinking their raw physical talent will always win out.

Tannehill has grown very comfortable with Hartline, so i would love to keep him around next year as a #2 guy as long as his contract demands are reasonable.

I should also mention that in 2012, Brian Hartline's avg yards/reception was also better than Wallace, Bowe, and Jennings.

I know you guys want two megatrons as our WRs, but that isn't happening.

Hartline won't break the bank, and he'll be a solid #2 for us. Keep the guy.
Can you mention how all three had more TDs than Hartline?

This is the biggest problem with fantasy football. People spend more time checking out NFL.com's stats site than actually watching the games. I don't want to get rid of Hartline, but if you think Hartline is anywhere near the WR any of those other three are, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

I detest fantasy football and don't participate in any of it, but its ridiculous to act like there isn't value in 1,000 yards and over 70 catches. Tannehill could count on Hartline to beat coverage or be there for a third down conversion more than all the other receivers on the field combined.

ok i have a question then for all those people that want to bring back Hartline. Would you rather have a guy with 70+ catches and 1000 yards and one TD one the team or a guy with say 60 catches for 800 yards and 7 Tds on the team. Dont know about you guy and this isnt fantasy football talking, i want the guy that scores point for us. 1000 yards dont mean anything if we dont get the ball in the endzone to put up points.... The amount of yards at the end of the game dont mean **** if we dont score points.

I detest fantasy football and don't participate in any of it, but its ridiculous to act like there isn't value in 1,000 yards and over 70 catches. Tannehill could count on Hartline to beat coverage or be there for a third down conversion more than all the other receivers on the field combined.
Which is more damning to the WR corp than flattering to what Hartline did.

This is the biggest problem with fantasy football. People spend more time checking out NFL.com's stats site than actually watching the games. I don't want to get rid of Hartline, but if you think Hartline is anywhere near the WR any of those other three are, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.
This and does the OP really think he get's as much as attention as these 3 receivers do from defense?

ok i have a question then for all those people that want to bring back Hartline. Would you rather have a guy with 70+ catches and 1000 yards and one TD one the team or a guy with say 60 catches for 800 yards and 7 Tds on the team. Dont know about you guy and this isnt fantasy football talking, i want the guy that scores point for us. 1000 yards dont mean anything if we dont get the ball in the endzone to put up points.... The amount of yards at the end of the game dont mean **** if we dont score points.

I would prefer to have both. You need more than 1 WR. Mike Wallace & Brian Hartline as our boundary WRs.

For someone who missed most of camp, and came in to a team with a bunch of rag-tag supporting cast I think Hartline had a phenomenal season, and we would be absolutely foolish to not resign him. Because as others have said, you can put money on it that he'll be burning us twice as a year as a Patriot if we are dumb enough to let him walk.

The whole talk of statistics makes me laugh too, did all you stat fanatics watch every game this season? Even in yesterdays abysmal showing Hartline was one of the very few bright spots. I agree he isn't a #1, but think about what we started this season with Armstrong, Clay, Naanee? By all accounts we were set to have the worst WR corps in the NFL, and a few weeks in, Hartline was leading the NFL in yards! I think we would be just fine, if not a serious threat having Hartline opposite any of the names being tossed around.

I don't know about that. Hartline doesn't have the quicks that Welker has. Have you noticed that every time we play a team that plays a lot of man ( I.e. gets in Hartline's face), he has one of his two or zero catch games?

What is the purpose of this thread? I dont get why Dolphins fans say this. Are you trying to argue that Hartline is better than any one of those 3 guys? If so, gtfo because you're delusional.

Its not even a question that those 3 are leagues ahead of Hartline[/QUOTE

Where did he say Hartline was better? If you see that anywhere in the post you are the one that is delusional

Why do so many Finheaven posters want to get rid of Brian Hartline?

He's not a superstar, but he's a solid #2, has developed chemistry with Tannehill, and we should definitely keep him.

I don't hate the guy, seems like a good dude.
I just don't want him as a #2. I think we need to do better. Just my opinion but I think he's going to expect a lot more than I would be willing to give him.
Hence, I would let him go if that's the case.

Imo he's not a irreplaceable guy. Not even in the most remote possibility. Get a good rookie wr, nobody will miss Hartline imo.

Reality is we will draft a wide receiver to develop to eventually be our number 1. A rookie won't be able to provide the offensive firepower to put up number 1 stats in the first year.

So the receiver we bring in whether its Hartline Wallace or Jennings will have to be our temporary number 1 while the rookie develops. Eventually that player would become our number 2 under that rookie. Might as well make it the best receiver available and that is NOT Hartline!

Hartline isn't even a good number 2. Hell, Wallace was the number 2 in Pittsburgh. Look at other 2's: Nelson, Cobb, JJ, White, Nicks

I disagree. Hartline is respected by everyone except Dolphin fans. He is a durable, solid number two receiver. He needs a legitimate deep threat with speed to stretch out the defense, but you under value him.

Hartline deserves a five-year $22 million contract. That is a competitive contract for his skill set, demonstrated durability, and team oriented mentality.

Back
Top Bottom