Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ?

xSxPxHx

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Very sad to think if this is true. Geno looks better then Tannehill. But what do I know right? I'm not a talent evaluator.

He hasn't passed him yet. But he will by the end of this season. Simply put, based on his high school and college careers Smith is more experienced as a QB. He didn't spend a couple of years playing WR like our QB did.

Geno has been much better through 2 weeks. Still not sure where I expect geno to go from here but he's been better than Ryan. To be fair to Ryan he is in a new system for the first time and that will take time to get it down w/ his receivers.

He hasn't passed him yet. But he will by the end of this season. Simply put, based on his high school and college careers Smith is more experienced as a QB. He didn't spend a couple of years playing WR like our QB did.

:lol:

Very sad to think if this is true. Geno looks better then Tannehill. But what do I know right? I'm not a talent evaluator.

Yeah, and I guess he's better than Andrew Luck too. Honestly people, get a grip and relax. The knee jerk reactions here are astonishing even for pathetic fans like us. Let it plaly out. He'll be just fine.

Yeah, and I guess he's better than Andrew Luck too. Honestly people, get a grip and relax. The knee jerk reactions here are astonishing even for pathetic fans like us. Let it plaly out. He'll be just fine.

Andrew luck is proven, Ryan tannehill is not. I get your point but there is a chance he can be better than Ryan, there is no chance he will be better than Luck.

I guess I'll toast this thread now seeing as how it's the next "When will it end?" thread about the Jets and Dolphins.

I was pretty impressed with Geno on Sunday. He is showing improvement for sure, hard to doubt that.

these kind of threads remind me of all that rg3 garbage i had to endure in his rookie year...only difference was rg3 was actually making a lot of plays...even if it was fools gold all along with his run to contact game...

if you're going by 2014 he's clearly the better QB, but all you've got to do is look back to his atrocious 2013 to conclude he's bound to fall back towards old ways within a game or two.

I think they're both in that middle ground trying to stay consistent, as that's what elite QB's can do in such a challenging league.
So far both seem like they're in that #15-20 ranked range -- capable of doing very good, but also prone to rookie mistakes

I think this season, stats-wise, Geno probably does better, as Tannehill has a longer way to go to retool himself as Lazor's student, but by seasons end, Tannehill may be the slightly better QB.

Back
Top Bottom