Have a little faith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have a little faith

Dolfan11

Perennial All Pro
Reaction score
This time of year always seems to bring out the same doom-and-gloom cloud by all the experts that lurk this board. A bunch of Omar Kellys. Those of you b*tching about the players we took because they have flaws, or aren't the players YOU wanted, need to remember there's a reason we're on a forum and not in a war room.

Yes, I know, the forum is an avenue for you to share your continued dissatisfaction with our draft picks. For Christ sakes though, let the picks play out. No one here has a crystal ball, so who knows how these players turn out. Unless it's a Teddy Ginn or a Pat White...

All I know is we got two defenders who can ball. Do they have flaws? I'm sure they do, what player doesn't. Harris has concerns with setting the edge and playing the run. McMillan has coverage concerns. Do they excel at what they do best? I'd like to think we can agree that they do.

Everyone is entitled to agree, disagree, love, or hate the picks. Just have a little faith in the young men joining OUR team and OUR community and let it play out before you write the players, staff, and organization off.

And btw if these 2 picks end up being busts, out with the puppet master - the undercover Jets GM.

I gotta say it has not been overtly negative, or at least balanced...either way i learn alot from the good and bad points,as a guy who does not follow college much or watch film. While some posts are just bashing, others point out legit useful info even if negative.

That said i appreciate your post...bottom line is we have to see how it plays out, even with last years draft. Im officially a Grier fan, but 5 years from now even that could look ill advised.

Agreed, lots of legit info posted on here. How do you think I came up with my analysis of their flaws lol.

I agree with this sentiment. If every prospect was perfect why even have a draft ?

They must have a plan for what role these players fit, and what they need to do to develop.

Some people have to realize that Gase is trying to build a team. Each new guy brought in has a specific function on the team and fits exactly where needed. We needed a pass rushed badly, so we got an elite pass rusher. It isn't about who has the most sacks in college ball. It's who does the FO think can come in and record a lot of sacks in the Pros. Does our FO care if some relic like Gil Brandt doesn't like their choices? The answer is they don't care at all, they see Harris as a super addition to our rotation, a guy who will get after the QB. Wake, Suh, Phillips and Harris is an excellent group for the exact down and distance scenario that they were put together for, you can't double team everybody. Harris will affect the QB way more than Vernon ever will, and Vernon is very expensive! Raekwon McMillan is a powerful LBer who brings a violent level of impact. USA Today says he is a BRICK WALL when Ballcarriers and blockers alike meet him head on. Grier calls him an alpha guy who was the MLBer for Ohio State where he was a captain and made all the calls while posting 100 plus tackles 2 years in a row. If your team is poor against the run you would love to plug this guy in to turn that around quickly. Our LB problem is fixed, Timmons, Alonzo and McMillan is 100 times better than last season's group. Finally, were a little thin at CB and could use an upgrade at slot. Miami brings in the star CB for another big time school, Clemson. This guy can track and high point a ball as well as playing close to the LOS. He has excellent height and brings a 4.42 40 yard dash on a 6'1" frame and weighs 195. Cordrea Tankersly is a Champion, he stays healthy and he upgrades a position that needed upgrading. Now Harris needs to improve against the run, McMillan needs work on his pass defense and Tankersly needs to learn to get his shoulder into a ballcarrier so none of these players are perfect, who is after about 10-12 picks, and plenty of those guys turn into busts. As I said up top Gase is building a team, not an all star team filled with name recognition and big reputations, Mario Williams??, he's building a football team the way he's been taught to do by guys like Joe Gibbs, Nick Saban, (yes, I hate him too!) Mike Martz and John Fox and to a degree Peyton Manning. Gase is smart, he delivered the play offs to us in year one and because of that success I believe he deserves some faith from the Dolphin fan base. The guy know what he's doing, the franchise is in good hands, so I think we can relax. BTW, where's the Guard that we need???, couldn't resist!

The first pick was horrible. Way too much talent o. The board at other positions of greater need.

The first pick was horrible. Way too much talent o. The board at other positions of greater need.

There's always going to be immense talent left on the board after every pick. Those that wanted a guard.. Come on now, a guard... really? I'd rather roll the dice on a DE. A pass rusher can change and win a game for you. We can get a couple hogs in the later rounds. Before we label the pick "horrible," let it play out.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Some people have to realize that Gase is trying to build a team. Each new guy brought in has a specific function on the team and fits exactly where needed. We needed a pass rushed badly, so we got an elite pass rusher. It isn't about who has the most sacks in college ball. It's who does the FO think can come in and record a lot of sacks in the Pros. Does our FO care if some relic like Gil Brandt doesn't like their choices? The answer is they don't care at all, they see Harris as a super addition to our rotation, a guy who will get after the QB. Wake, Suh, Phillips and Harris is an excellent group for the exact down and distance scenario that they were put together for, you can't double team everybody. Harris will affect the QB way more than Vernon ever will, and Vernon is very expensive! Raekwon McMillan is a powerful LBer who brings a violent level of impact. USA Today says he is a BRICK WALL when Ballcarriers and blockers alike meet him head on. Grier calls him an alpha guy who was the MLBer for Ohio State where he was a captain and made all the calls while posting 100 plus tackles 2 years in a row. If your team is poor against the run you would love to plug this guy in to turn that around quickly. Our LB problem is fixed, Timmons, Alonzo and McMillan is 100 times better than last season's group. Finally, were a little thin at CB and could use an upgrade at slot. Miami brings in the star CB for another big time school, Clemson. This guy can track and high point a ball as well as playing close to the LOS. He has excellent height and brings a 4.42 40 yard dash on a 6'1" frame and weighs 195. Cordrea Tankersly is a Champion, he stays healthy and he upgrades a position that needed upgrading. Now Harris needs to improve against the run, McMillan needs work on his pass defense and Tankersly needs to learn to get his shoulder into a ballcarrier so none of these players are perfect, who is after about 10-12 picks, and plenty of those guys turn into busts. As I said up top Gase is building a team, not an all star team filled with name recognition and big reputations, Mario Williams??, he's building a football team the way he's been taught to do by guys like Joe Gibbs, Nick Saban, (yes, I hate him too!) Mike Martz and John Fox and to a degree Peyton Manning. Gase is smart, he delivered the play offs to us in year one and because of that success I believe he deserves some faith from the Dolphin fan base. The guy know what he's doing, the franchise is in good hands, so I think we can relax. BTW, where's the Guard that we need???, couldn't resist!

Well said.

It makes little sense to argue with anyone on here about the draft. If we took 3 QB's in the first 3 rounds than that might be something to complain about.....Go buy a lottery ticket if you know so much about the future

There's always going to be immense talent left on the board after every pick. Those that wanted a guard.. Come on now, a guard... really? I'd rather roll the dice on a DE. A pass rusher can change and win a game for you. We can get a couple hogs in the later rounds. Before we label the pick "horrible," let it play out.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Well said.

Yeah, we can always get a guard later cuz Grier has been responsible for mining for such gems as Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas. I for one wanted/want an OG who's as good as or better than the defenders we picked at his job than they are at theirs. Case in point, most of the draft graders so far have rated Lamp and Feeney "A's" and "A-'s"

If you're at all covetous of what Dak Prescott and Zeke Elliott accomplished, take a look at their OL. If you want Ajayi to be even more productive and Tannehill to hit more of those bombs to Stills, let alone stay healthy, an effective OL/OG is far more than an interchangeable commodity!

Now Johnson is still a relatively highly rated OG who should be off the board in the first half of the 4th. You'd hope that our front office brainiacs who had no problem mortgaging this year's draft to pick, up an unnecessary wideout last draft, would be smart enough to trade up to get him while he's still available. You would hope.. but I wouldn't bet the farm on it!

Yeah, we can always get a guard later cuz Grier has been responsible for mining for such gems as Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas. I for one wanted/want an OG who's as good as or better than the defenders we picked at his job than they are at theirs. Case in point, most of the draft graders so far have rated Lamp and Feeney "A's" and "A-'s"

If you're at all covetous of what Dak Prescott and Zeke Elliott accomplished, take a look at their OL. If you want Ajayi to be even more productive and Tannehill to hit more of those bombs to Stills, let alone stay healthy, an effective OL/OG is far more than an interchangeable commodity!

Now Johnson is still a relatively highly rated OG who should be off the board in the first half of the 4th. You'd hope that our front office brainiacs who had no problem mortgaging this year's draft to pick, up an unnecessary wideout last draft, would be smart enough to trade up to get him while he's still available. You would hope.. but I wouldn't bet the farm on it!

Fair and valid points. Hopefully the tide changes this year with the (fingers crossed) guards we take today.

Well said.

If there is so much talent later in the draft for guard... explain how it has yet to be fixed. Since I've been posting here, you people are a broken record. Yet we see the likes of Bushrod being bullrushed into Tannehill lap.

Last year was pure luck, having Tunsil playing guard. This year, will look more like 2015 and less 2016.

Back
Top Bottom