Have we had any former Packers follow Philbin down yet? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have we had any former Packers follow Philbin down yet?

spiral

Starter
Reaction score
Seems a bit odd that we're not getting players from green bay to want to come down and play in Miami. Seeing how their team is one of the most talented in the NFL I wouldn't mind filling up some of our roster spots with players with championship experience.

Packers don't lose many agents because they don't bring any in. They draft everyone and then keep that money on hand to keep people in town. I think the two that were really available this year were Scott Wells (we already have a very, very good young center) and Matt Flynn.

It's the smart way to build a team.

Who were we going to get? Flynn? Finley? JF got signed, Flynn wasn't a must have guy. So that leaves.......no one. Who would want to leave a Super Bowl contender for Miami anyway?

Packers don't lose many agents because they don't bring any in. They draft everyone and then keep that money on hand to keep people in town. I think the two that were really available this year were Scott Wells (we already have a very, very good young center) and Matt Flynn.

It's the smart way to build a team.

Which is exactly what Philbin said he wanted to do, build thru the draft yet the FO is blasted for not signing every over priced FA on the market.

I agree that the Free agent list may be small but isn't there any second teasers vying for more playing time or anybody who is languishing on the scout team that would be beneficial? Maybe I'm used to the fact that every other coach over the past 12 years has done it repeatedly.

I know. "How did that work out?"

Ugh. I hate this franchise right now.

Any player who wants a pay check.

As a last team...yes....but if elsewhere or here...Elsewhere sounds better.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Which is exactly what Philbin said he wanted to do, build thru the draft yet the FO is blasted for not signing every over priced FA on the market.

can't wait for this magical draft you speak of, where all holes are filled.

As a last team...yes....but if elsewhere or here...Elsewhere sounds better.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

can't wait for this magical draft you speak of, where all holes are filled.

Yes the draft where teams like GB and Pittsburgh go to build their franchises.

Yes the draft where teams like GB and Pittsburgh go to build their franchises.

teams are built with a mix of smart FA moves and draft....but whatever

Like I said, can't wait to fill all these holes in this amazing draft like you say. Everyone knows how all draft picks turn into solid starters....

teams are built with a mix of smart FA moves and draft....but whatever

Like I said, can't wait to fill all these holes in this amazing draft like you say. Everyone knows how all draft picks turn into solid starters....

... and how every player we want just automatically falls to us at exactly the spot we are drafting, and how no one ever jumps ahead of us and steals the guy we want.

To get a FRANCHISE QB, a MARQUEE position, you MUST be willing to draft them AHEAD of the "conventional wisdom" slot they get slated for (yes, that does mean "reach") and you must PAY them more that said conventional wisdom thinks they might be worth.

You cannot sit back and hope a guy "falls" to you at the QB slot. Someone else will nab him.

... and how every player we want just automatically falls to us at exactly the spot we are drafting, and how no one ever jumps ahead of us and steals the guy we want.

To get a FRANCHISE QB, a MARQUEE position, you MUST be willing to draft them AHEAD of the "conventional wisdom" slot they get slated for (yes, that does mean "reach") and you must PAY them more that said conventional wisdom thinks they might be worth.

You cannot sit back and hope a guy "falls" to you at the QB slot. Someone else will nab him.

So trade more picks to draft a guy we'd be reaching at #8 anyway? Ok, but that would take up valuable picks we need for...our WR core, another TE, a pass rusher, etc

Back
Top Bottom