Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Seven | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's Assessment: Week Seven

I'd rather have Alex smith too.

Pretty accurate assessment Hayden. As has been the case for pretty much my entire life, the Dolphins are awesome at beating themselves. Beating other teams remains a problem.

His QB gave him three TD's and dug out of a 14-0 hole with three scoring passes. Yes, he was responsible for that hole in the first place, and in many ways for the failure to hold that lead, but if Tannehill is as bad as you want to imply, it's a failure of Philbin to be putting the game in his hands with three minutes left when there wasn't a reason to on second down playing with a lead.
We don't really know how much "the game was in his hands." If Sherman called a high-percentage play that Tannehill blew, then that's on Tannehill. If he called a low-percentage play, then I agree it's on Sherman.

Philbin is shackled to his OC, and that OC is his achilles. one or both will need to change... or face being changed. after this loss, blackouts loom for this franchise...

We don't really know how much "the game was in his hands." If Sherman called a high-percentage play that Tannehill blew, then that's on Tannehill. If he called a low-percentage play, then I agree it's on Sherman.

Are we not watching the same game, our ol gets pushed back immediately the ball is snapped. This ol is really bad....... This team could of been a playoff team if this ol was not this horrible.

your more level headed then the rest of this board about tannehill so I ask you. was that last fumble on tannehill? looked to me like he barely had time to set up his throwing motion after a 3 step drop...

Again, your argument is self defeating regardless of how at fault Tannehill really was. If Tannehill really is terrible, then the coaching staff needs to coach accordingly.

I think Tannehill's pocket presence if horrible, which is why letting that be a factor in the game at all at that point was the absolute wrong move.

Again, your argument is self defeating regardless of how at fault Tannehill really was. If Tannehill really is terrible, then the coaching staff needs to coach accordingly.

I think Tannehill's pocket presence if horrible, which is why letting that be a factor in the game at all at that point was the absolute wrong move.
Pocket presence shouldn't be a factor on a play where the first read is a quick throw, and the QB is coached to get rid of the ball if it isn't open (i.e., the "high-percentage play" I mentioned before).

For all we know, Sherman called a "layup" for Tannehill there, and he missed it. If so, who would that be on?

Philbin is shackled to his OC, and that OC is his achilles. one or both will need to change... or face being changed. after this loss, blackouts loom for this franchise...

It's in his power to do what he wants at OC. He can strip playcalling duties or remove Sherman altogether, either way, he is ultimately responsible.

I've often said about the Sparano regime that he could have had more success had he not been shackled to a loser of a QB in Henne, but in the end whose fault was it really when Henne continued to start for him?

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Pocket presence shouldn't be a factor on a play where the first read is a quick throw, and the QB is coached to get rid of the ball if it isn't open (i.e., the "high-percentage play" I mentioned before).

For all we know, Sherman called a "layup" for Tannehill there, and he missed it. If so, who would that be on?

The coach, because he left available the potential for a layup attempt to be turned into a three pointer when neither one was necessary.

Are we not watching the same game, our ol gets pushed back immediately the ball is snapped. This ol is really bad....... This team could of been a playoff team if this ol was not this horrible.

But it is, and the fact of the matter is that we could have still been a playoff team with it if the coaching staff were not exposing it more than necessary and allowing it to be the primary factor in turning a win almost sealed into a loss. The staff coached like they recognized the weakness in the line most of the game, except for when it actually mattered.

We'd be 4-2 if we won today with that line, and there's every reason to believe we could have won if not for letting the pass blocking be a factor when it was not even necessary in the game.

I have zero confidence in any aspect of this team from the gm to the coaches to the qb to the rest of the roster. That's not to say that there aren't any good players on the team its just I don't believe they can win when it counts because they as a whole are not very good. I wont believe this team can win until I see it.

Exasperating loss, Sherman is terrible, I'm done caring.

At this point we have nothing to lose. Win our next to games and were back in it, or lose em and be done. At least basketball season starts soon.

Also, want to ditto your point on how terrible that crowd was.

Fire Sherman, and move the team out of Miami. There's no fans there...yea our team came out flat, maybe the crowd being so flat had something to do with it.

Give this team to a city that will appreciate having a nfl team, not a bunch of fair weather fools

Exasperating loss, Sherman is terrible, I'm done caring.

At this point we have nothing to lose. Win our next to games and were back in it, or lose em and be done. At least basketball season starts soon.

Also, want to ditto your point on how terrible that crowd was.

Fire Sherman, and move the team out of Miami. There's no fans there...yea our team came out flat, maybe the crowd being so flat had something to do with it.

Give this team to a city that will appreciate having a nfl team, not a bunch of fair weather fools

Gratz. You win derpiest poster of the year award. Tell me again how great Ireland is and how it's the fans fault we lost.

The coach, because he left available the potential for a layup attempt to be turned into a three pointer when neither one was necessary.
Well if Sherman is that limited by the ineptitude of the player, we have a problem bigger than Sherman.

Back
Top Bottom