Heading to MetLife for MIA @ NYJ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heading to MetLife for MIA @ NYJ

RandomPilar

Pulling Guard
Reaction score
Heading to NYC Oct. 27-29 for the game at MetLife with a group of 4 Dolphins fans. Been to numerous games in Buffalo, however, never been to MetLife (Giants Stadium). A few questions for the guys that have been there.

1) Seats - Expensive, I know. What's the best value here? I don't mind spending $200 on StubHub for lower bowl near our bench. Is the UpperDeck a lot more rowdy/abusive? Is it worth the extra $50-$100 to sit lower bowl behind our bench? Looks like StubHub can fetch 20 yard line on visitors side fro approx. $175-$250.

2) Where to Stay? - Never been to NYC at all so I want to stay downtown. Is there a preferable area to stay in that's close to the touristy crap but also relatively easy access to MetLife in NJ?

3) Intensity - The intensity/jawing/abuse has dwindled in the past few years in Buffalo. Not sure if it's because we're more experienced at attending road games, or if it's because both teams have been relatively crappy. How intense is it at a Jets game in a Dolphins jersey?

4) Tailgate - Any best practices for getting there? I'd hate to not have a car to park and tailgate at; but I'd hate to have one of us lay off the beers. Would we be crazy to get a limo to park, chill for the game, and drive our asses back to the hotel after the game?

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it.

Heading to NYC Oct. 27-29 for the game at MetLife with a group of 4 Dolphins fans. Been to numerous games in Buffalo, however, never been to MetLife (Giants Stadium). A few questions for the guys that have been there.

1) Seats - Expensive, I know. What's the best value here? I don't mind spending $200 on StubHub for lower bowl near our bench. Is the UpperDeck a lot more rowdy/abusive? Is it worth the extra $50-$100 to sit lower bowl behind our bench? Looks like StubHub can fetch 20 yard line on visitors side fro approx. $175-$250.

2) Where to Stay? - Never been to NYC at all so I want to stay downtown. Is there a preferable area to stay in that's close to the touristy crap but also relatively easy access to MetLife in NJ?

3) Intensity - The intensity/jawing/abuse has dwindled in the past few years in Buffalo. Not sure if it's because we're more experienced at attending road games, or if it's because both teams have been relatively crappy. How intense is it at a Jets game in a Dolphins jersey?

4) Tailgate - Any best practices for getting there? I'd hate to not have a car to park and tailgate at; but I'd hate to have one of us lay off the beers. Would we be crazy to get a limo to park, chill for the game, and drive our asses back to the hotel after the game?

I cant tell you about the stadium or tailgating, but if you want touristy, downtown isnt the place to go. Youre going to want to stay in times square which is in midtown. Thats the most touristy place in Manhattan.
In terms of getting to the stadium, you can either drive (there will be aTONS of traffic) or take the bus. If you take the bus there are buses that go from Port Authority (also in midtown and not far from times square) Bus Terminal directly to the stadium. Either way (drive or bus) the stadium is a straight shot from the Lincoln Tunnel which takes you to RT 3W (the stadium is on RT 3W). It is pretty easy to get to.

I went to the famous "tripping" game in NY a couple years back (Dec 12,2010).

1. I sat in Plaza Section 135 Row 15 and it was great, but yes it was expensive. Stay in rows 10 or above in the bottom section.

2. Just stay close to Times Square, but with the subway system in NYC its very easy to get around so its not a big issue. The Upper East Side is the "nice" area, but there is NO need to stay there. Stay close to Times Square its that easy. It's right in the middle of Manhattan.

3. JETS fans are mixed just like everyone else, except they are JETS fans so they are a bit more annoying. A few of them were being total douche bags, but I was wearing a Phins jersey. So I started jawing back and forth and it escalated a bit. Could have been worse if I kept going. Id say just don't wear a jersey b/c you have a good chance of getting into some heat especially if you are with a bunch of guys.

4. We took a bus to the game. It takes you there and brings you back. Very easy and cheap too. Just ask your hotel concierge.

Been there. It's a very nice stadium. You absolutely have to tailgate. That's the best part about it. Sooooooo much $#!ttalking before the game, but it's all in good fun. Your gonna have a blast.

wait as close as possible until the game to get tickets. w/ the new Stadium and PSLs tickers are always available and you can save a ton the closer you get(by the way $175-200 are not expensive tickets).

Go to the game to have fun not to start trouble. Go in early, talk to the folks sitting near you so maybe they can realize you are human and it is just a game.

Don't sit uptairs unless it is the first few years as the UD is a mile away from the field. be careful when leaving, people are herded like cattle(assuming game is close) to leave that place. It doesn't flow like the old Stadium so you could find yourself in a dangerous situation. Either leave a little early or saty a little late to allow the crowd to leave.

Very exciting games, crowds for both teams are riled up no matter what the records. Ive been going to every Jet/Dolphins game at the Meadowlands since I was 14 (21 now). Wear your jersey, you will get some s$!# but it is worth it, the trash talk is half the fun. As for seats ive sat everywhere: Lower sections near field level is more waspy, with less rowdy, but typically less of a true experience with many fans tending to sit primarily. Up top is rowdy as all hell as most fans went cheap on tickets to stock up on booze, much more fun, but can get annoying/dangerous with confrontations. With that i still say go on the visitors side lower level, at the end of the day nothing gets better then seeing your team up close and personal.

the only thing i ask you to do is run up to fireman ed when he's hanging over the rails or on someones shoulders trying to stir up the crowd pregame or even in game and knock him into next week...

i would pay to see that clown dropped...

I thought that homosexual fireman couldn't afford the new tickets? Either way, do as hoops says and punch that penis looking retard in his face.

I go to the Jets/Dolphins game every year. I usually try to stay in the 2nd level 50 yard line seats. It's a nice venue, I must say.

As Junc mentioned, you're better off waiting until a little closer to the game. I got seats in section 237 for $225/ticket last year. I believe the cover price was something like $500+, so it was a pretty good deal.

As far as the Jets fans, you don't bother them, they won't bother you. I got into a little bantering with some people in my section last year, but it was all in good fun. But keep in mind, the section I sit in is a bit pricier, so you rarely get the "I just want to get drunk and rowdy in my $30 seat" fans in the more expensive areas from what I've noticed. When I was leaving last year, I saw some Jets fans arguing with a guy in a Jake Long jersey, but I wasn't sure how much he may have instigated the conflict. At the old Meadowlands stadium, I went to a Giants and Bears game and this Bears fan almost got beat down by a Giants fan, but he would've deserved it. The Bears were winning and he was doing his best to antagonize the local fans, until one guy let him have it (i.e. promising the physical harm he would deliver, with a side of a homosexual slur), and the Bears fan promptly toned down. In all honesty, these are the type of people I notice to get into problems with the local fans.

Definitely stay in time square if you could. The bus to the stadium is in Port Authority on 42nd st and 8th ave. Depending on where in the square your hotel is, you could literally walk to and from the bus terminal. I live in Brooklyn, so I usually drive to the city and park, then take the bus; it's cheaper, and more efficient.

Hope this helps...

Every year www.dolfansnyc.com organizes a group purchase of tickets for all the Fin fans in NY to go to the game together. They have a tailgating party and then all sit in the same section. It's pretty funny to see the reaction of all the Jets fans when a small army of Dolphins fans coming marching in. You may want to contact them and get in on their group buy.

I remember going to the Meadowlands to see my first Dolphins game. Game where Ginn returned 2 KR's for TD's :chuckle:. There's a good crowd of Dolphin fans that go though, more then you'd think. And the Jets fans aren't bad at all, I had no problems. Us Fin fans had a lot of chants going too, was a fun day.

Have Fun!

Guys, thanks a lot for the responses!!! Really appreciate it. So if I take the bus, the only question is where do I tailgate? I don't expect many fans to be welcoming to 4 guys in Dolphins jerseys LOL. We need somewhere to store a few cases of beer....

I've been to a couple dolphin games at Giants stadium, but I live in nyc.

1) Check out seatgeek. They have a good approximation of the value you're getting out of each seat.
2) Doesn't matter as long as its near a subway. You won't be spending much time at the hotel. Midtown is the touristy part but downtown is much cooler (anywhere below 14th and above Canal). It's easy to get to time square from anywhere in manhattan.
3) The games I went to, the fans were so miserable that they fought with each other rather than us in dolphin jerseys. Though I've noticed lately they have been showing a little more swagger. It's pretty civil though compared to buffalo or new england. People in New York have lives outside of football. I had snow thrown at me all game in Foxboro. Never have had anything like that here. Definitely wear your jersey. There will be many women and children wearing dolphin jerseys, so you have no excuse.
4) Yea it would be tough to tailgate without your own car. Yes it would be crazy to get a limo, but I like your thinking.

yeah stay near times square, although the commute (although not bad) is kind of more of a pain than you may imagine from Manhattan to the meadowlands. You'll have to rent a car or something. Public transportation in the city is great and easily accessible as others have mentioned, so as for where you stay in the city it doesnt matter much, but i'd choose midtown.

As for the game, its all fun, there will be TONS of phins fans there. We are there every year and we come out in droves. Jets fans will jaw a little and you can jaw back, its all in good fun. In the upper level seats there can be ******* kids or even older drunk guys - i've had to deal with them before. It is like any other stadium when you are the visiting team - talk logically and be calm. You can cheer for your team when they do something, but respect the home teams building. They like to talk alotta crap about everyone on their team so you can prob bash sparano, sanchez whoever with them. as the poster above me said - Metlife is a great atmosphere and people from NJ/NY have much better things to do than get really violent etc at a football game. The occasional drunk is there and gets into trouble and is promptly thrown out (although the last time that happened with me, it was actually a Pats fan who grabbed my gf's ass for wearing a giants jersey at a giants game! i've seen them in miami at the game too, no respect man, no respect those people) anyway have fun up here! and dont shy away from NJ either there are some nice areas in north jersey to visit as well.

I wouldn't step foot in that place. Just me I guess. I know some jet fans and would not want to be around anyone of them for more than 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom