Heads Up: Ricky Williams Calling In to Mike & Mike "Shortly" To Discuss Retirement | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heads Up: Ricky Williams Calling In to Mike & Mike "Shortly" To Discuss Retirement

Day late and dollar short again. What did he say if anything?

actually they were pimping the call in like crazy, he hasn't yet shown up...don't know if he's running late or if it fell through - and going into break haven't again used it as a teaser. So we've gone from "momentarily" to WTF :idk:

if the latter sorry for the false alarm

No biggie watching now so will keep my head up.

if anyone's interested he did about a 20 min interview with Sid on http://www.wqam.com/index.php?page=347&sid=govfrr9kgjjvu3he901rqkh5f13ggdna

could we get a recap though Vaark?

The Mikes laughingly thought the interview was out there and unstructured "like being on a surfboard riding a wave." Apparently Ricky was planning on coming back until Parcells texted him to reconsider encouraging him to follow his true self before he got burned out. Ricky did not retire with a specific next objective in mind, saying that he's got "infinite" possibilities, enjoys learning and will most likely travel the world taking classes which are yet to be determined. It will be an "amazing adventure" for him. When asked if he liked football he more or less said it was a means to the end he's now pursuing and when asked if he'd have done things differently he more or less responded "no." When they asked if he would be open to a team whose RB went down next season, he didn't completely dismiss that possibility but said he'd probably be in a foreign country when the call came so who knows.

Apparently they just put his interview up on their ESPN homepage.

im a big fan of ricky's , but doesnt he have kids? how can he be a father if he is traveling the world trying to find the lost ark or whatever he is doing? maybe his kids are grown , idk. run ricky run.

I heard his interview on the radio this morning too. Guy definitely sounds like a free-spirited nutbar but I don't mind. I'm not here to judge him and he's my favorite RB of all-time so it's all good. It's amazing he played as long as he did based on how he talks about playing the game.

I heard his interview on the radio this morning too. Guy definitely sounds like a free-spirited nutbar but I don't mind. I'm not here to judge him and he's my favorite RB of all-time so it's all good. It's amazing he played as long as he did based on how he talks about playing the game.

The thing about Ricky is that when he was on the field playing he always gave 100 percent. I never saw a play where he didn't run hard or give full effort. He will go down as one of my favorite rbs of all time as well.

Back
Top Bottom