Heads up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heads up

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For those who want to listen, Lee Steinberg (Ricky's agent) will be on the Jim Rome radio show sometime between 2-3pm EST. Closer to 2 if I had to guess. Lee will discuss the 3rd failed test, possibility of Ricky coming back, the dolphins opinions on this etc. Should be good. Rome is usually on an AM station.

Lee is on now.
He says that Ricky felt overworked and worried about his health. Spoke with Earl Campbell and wanted to get out of the Game while he could physically do what he wanted to do.
Lee was suprised that Ricky planned to retire and he felt like a surrogate father to ricky. Lee did not try and talk Ricky out of retiring and left that to his close relations. However he did share with RW that the timing would leave his teammates in the lurch. The response wan not that he didn't care but rather that he felt Travis was a great back and the team would be fine. Lee said that RW thinks too little of himself in terms of his value as a football player. ( he may just be validating his BS timing)
The drugs seemed to have little to do with the decision but Lee never has or had spoken with RW about his drug use.
ON June 21st the phish had a motivational speaker in. The speaker asked each player where they thought they would be on Jan 2nd. RW answered 16-0 ready to play in the SB. :shakeno: :cry:
When asked about the money Lee said that RW does not care at all about those things. That he "marches to a different drum" About six weeks ago RW left an urgent message with Lee. He figured maybe RW had gotten injured. When Lee retuned the call it was only the RW was recently reading about the divinci code and wanted to discuss the logistics and the phylisophical ramifications of it. WOW deep and deeply odd cat.
I think that's most of it. Those that missed it ask any questions. I missed a bit of the begining due to client arrival. :fire:

Thanks for the update. Most of it was what he already said. Him saying that Ricky thinks too little of himself in terms of his value as a football player is surprizing but, also true.

Back
Top Bottom