Heat completely dominate Hornets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat completely dominate Hornets

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Even Miami's most lopsided win of the season wasn't enough to impress Shaquille O'Neal.

Dwyane Wade had 18 points and seven assists, and the Heat built a 25-point first-quarter lead on the way to an easy 97-68 victory over the New Orleans Hornets on Sunday night.

Damon Jones had 13 points and five assists, and O'Neal added 12 points and eight rebounds in 23 minutes for the Eastern Conference-leading Heat (30-12), who won for the third time in seven games and improved to 9-9 against teams from the West.

"This really isn't a game we really should be proud of," O'Neal said. "This game is like taking your kids to the zoo. ... You're supposed to take your kids to the zoo. You're a father. So a team like that, we're supposed to beat them like this."

Any intrigue from the first matchup between the teams since the Heat beat the Hornets in Game 7 of last year's Eastern Conference quarterfinals was gone early.

New Orleans hit its first two shots, taking a 5-2 lead before the onslaught began. Miami, which made its first seven shots, scored 14 straight points to open what became a 29-4 run over a 9-minute stretch.

"We knew they were going to come after us," Hornets coach Byron Scott said. "We prepared our guys and told them what they were going to do. We just didn't react very well to them. We put ourselves in a hole, and you can't climb out of a hole that deep." http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3346906

That had to be the worst game I've ever seen in my life. There wasn't one starter or player for that matter, on this team who logged in more than 28 minutes. Wade, Shaq, Haslem, DJ, & EJ all saw their last minutes of the night with about 8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

I cannot believe that New Orleans team beat the Pacers last Thursday with everybody on Indiana healthy(yes, they beat them with that exact same line-up they used against Miami).

Look at the box score from last Thursday: http://www.nba.com/games/20050119/INDNOH/boxscore.html

Miami scored 37 in the 1st quarter. :lol:

Miami has some serious issues against mediocre teams. We have now lost to Philadelphia(, LAC, Portland, Toronto(beat them the 2nd time), and Denver(we beat them the 2nd time).

Damon Jones is the biggest problem on this team, not Eddie. I have NEVER seen a defender in our starting line-up as awful as he is. Tinsley dropped 32 on him, Iverson dropped 45 on him(and Dooling), and that's just recently. We get killed by every good PG. It's time to find a SG/SF so we can get Dwyane back at the point.

X-Con, going by the Dave Hyde formula, it's not DAMON JONES, it's AMON JONES

He's the reason we lost to indy.

Back
Top Bottom