HEAT Final Thoughts.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

HEAT Final Thoughts....

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
First off, Im gonna get rid of the negatives that will be in this entry.....

How about a collective "what the F*ck?" for the last couple of plays at the end.

Eddie Jones was way off the entire game, and why was he drawn up to take that shot inside that late, and if he wasnt, why the hell didnt he give it up, it seemed like a Riley-esque stubborn move to script a play for the vet rather than the rookie, who was in the ZONE (I'll get to him in a second). Also, why wasnt Wade in the game at the end to take the absolute final shot? The ideal situation wouldve been to have Rasual, Rafer, Wade, Jones, and Odom.

This was a game the HEAT shouldve had, especially with Brian Grant shutting down Jermaine O'Neal. Ron Artest was the lone star of this game for the Pacers, and was nearly unstoppable, he is a beast. As for Jermaine O'Neal, he has to be one of the classiest players in the sport and could be a poster-boy (that works on a few levels, heh) for the NBA. He gave the HEAT credit, he gave Grant credit for shutting him down, and didnt take any cheap shots like some of the other Pacers in this series (Tinsley, Artest, etc.)

Ok now that that was out of the way, onto the positives. What a season it was. Talk about overachieving. The Miami Heat werent supposed to be on the radar, and can only do better. One key roster change that i would juts about guarantee is that Eddie Jones wont be around next year, and the nucleus of the HEAT will be CB4, Odom, and of course Dwyane Wade. To Bring Alston back the price will have to be right, and there are various situations with the rest of the roster. In my opinion we need to keep Grant at all costs, the guy has so much heart and leaves it out there on the floor, although its not up to me, and he may not be around next year. Stan Van Gundy did a hell of a job this year and he shouldve gotten more respect in the Coach of the YEar balloting.

Last but not least, Dwyane Wade is the best rookie in the league, PERIOD. No ifs, ands, or buts about it, and YES, i am including LeBron and Melo. Look at what this guy did this year, look at what he did when Artest guarded him tonight, the Defensive player of the year just got torched tonight. Dwyane played a position he never played before in his career this year and battled injury constantly, and still had good figures points-wise. LeBron and Melo for the most part were healthy and played their natural position. Could you imagine what Wade couldve done this year as a shooting guard/slasher (where Jones plays now)?

HEAT are one player away from being a league powerhouse, just one big man.....just thought i would say that randomly

and also, Ill repeat it....call me crazy, call me a blind homer, but Dwyane Wade proved to me in these playoffs that he is better than LeBron and Melo. I'm done....

GO HEAT in 2004-2005!

Dwayne Wade is a superstar. I think the Heat need a unselfish SG and a big man. I was hoping they could have signed Olowakandi this past year but that did not happen. I love Grant and Jones, but their times have past. I think we are a SG and a big man from winning it all, and a big man from really contending. It wouldn't hurt to have one more bench player who can get into double figures.

It was a good game that said the only players who gave their all were Odom and Wade nobody else contributed much. The Heat need to find out that they have a good post game with Odom and need to go to him under the hoop alot and then he would get doubled and they can go to Wade or Butler or even Jones on the 3 point-line

Congrats to the Heat on an outstanding season. This is definitely a team on the rise and one to watch for in the coming years.

The HEAT had a great season and have lots of talent but are still young and need to some work to go beyond 2nd round ITs gonna be WOLVES vs. PISTONS, WOLVES win it

34RWilliams said:
The HEAT had a great season and have lots of talent but are still young and need to some work to go beyond 2nd round ITs gonna be WOLVES vs. PISTONS, WOLVES win it
:shakeno:
I'm sure you meant Lakers :D

They need to learn to get past the 2nd round? That is a rediculous statement. Just because you lose in the 2nd round does not mean they need to learn to get passed it. If you go several years losing in the 2nd round, then you can say "they need learn to get past the 2nd round"

I was disappointed to end the season on a losing note at home, but I was proud cheering the team on as they headed into the locker rooms. We had a great season, and no one can take that away from us. Not O'Neal, not Artest, not Reggie Miller.

I will say one thing though...every year, my hatred for Eddie Jones grows. I cannot stand Eddie Jones, and it's hard to cheer for him when they announce his name. If Riley doesn't get off his nuts this year and trade him for a PG or C, I'm gonna be pissed. I wouldn't mind seeing Wade at the wing, although he has proven that he can play the point.

With the MLE, we have a few options. The most popular option would be splitting it between the likes of Rafer Alston and Mark Blount. I'd love to get Okur or Dampier, but I don't see the MLE landing us Okur or Dampier. However, there's a chance at landing Stromile Swift.

So what do we do? Do we try and acquire Stromile Swift in a sign-and-trade for Eddie Jones? If Chicago gets Josh Howard or Emeka Okafor, do we try and move Jones for Tyson Chandler or Eddie Curry, along with a filler? Or do we try and move E.J. for a PG, move Wade to the 2, and sign a center?

We also need a shooter, and I wouldn't mind bringing back Lenard if he'd settle for a 6th-7th man role.

I just want to give a few thoughts....Lamar Odom is 2x better than Jamal Magloure, and only didn't make the All-Star game because they needed a center. Dwyane Wade is better than Melo. Wang Zhi Zhi and Loren Woods are better than Eddie Jones.

The Heat made me be proud in the land of Orlando Magic Band Waggon Fans!!!

I too was woundering when in the hell Wade was on the bench in the final minutes.

We need a big man in the middle with out a doubt...but the whole team needs to improve rebounding on the offensive end. It is killing the Heat not getting second chance shots. So may be looking for a rebounding machine like a "Rodman" would be high on the list of priority.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
I just want to give a few thoughts....Lamar Odom is 2x better than Jamal Magloure, and only didn't make the All-Star game because they needed a center. Dwyane Wade is better than Melo. Wang Zhi Zhi and Loren Woods are better than Eddie Jones.

I disagree with the Jones comment here. I do not even know If the Heat will be able to move him with his huge contract. We may have to just keep him around for another year...

The Jones comment was exaggerating, but I cannot stand Eddie Jones. I wouldn't mind having Eddie as a reserve shooter, but with his contract...we're stuck one way or another.

I love Riles, but I blame him for jumping the gun on E.J. I could've told Pat that E.J. would never be a star. Solid, yes. Star, no way. $11-12m for Eddie Jones back then was crazy. It was sort of like the Feeley move, being done out of desperation. Comparison? Fins losing out on Brunell, Heat losing out on McGrady. On the other hand, the Heat gave up much more for E.J. in my opinion.

I loved Eddie when he was a Laker, but he was never a go-to, franchise type player. He never deserved that type of contract. He's good as a #2 or #3 option and should've been paid that way.

My brother who is in 8th grade has a friend, and her uncle is EJ. He said he saw him at a party talking about how he wants to improve and live up to expectations next year If he is still around. They took some photos and got some autographs. I hope he does improve...

Prime Time said:
Dwayne Wade is a superstar. I think the Heat need a unselfish SG and a big man. I was hoping they could have signed Olowakandi this past year but that did not happen. I love Grant and Jones, but their times have past. I think we are a SG and a big man from winning it all, and a big man from really contending. It wouldn't hurt to have one more bench player who can get into double figures.
Some people might disagree with me, but, I think the Heat would do just fine if they moved Wade to SG and, started Rafer Alston at PG. They must get a big man in the off-season though.
And to share my point of view as to why Wade was seated at the end of game 6, I think Van Gundy took him out and put Alston in because Rafer Alston is their best 3 point shooter. They were down 3 and, needed that outside shot to tie the game. Who better to go with than the person that had a 3 pointer in at least 35 straight games in the regular season? (I can't remember the exact number of games)
But I am looking forward to next season.

Prime Time said:
My brother who is in 8th grade has a friend, and her uncle is EJ. He said he saw him at a party talking about how he wants to improve and live up to expectations next year If he is still around. They took some photos and got some autographs. I hope he does improve...

Ive been waiting four long years for him to improve and live up to expectations like he always he says. It never happens. Like many have said, EJ is just a complementry player who is getting paid like a superstar that he is not.

Back
Top Bottom