Heat now have near to $12m to spend!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heat now have near to $12m to spend!!!

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...04jul04,0,5824964.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

Originally posted by Sun-Sentinel
A shocking oversight by Anthony Carter suddenly has established the Heat as a major player in NBA free agency, one now with the salary-cap space to sign the likes of Jason Kidd, Jermaine O'Neal or Gilbert Arenas.

The staggering lapse by the veteran point guard effectively terminates the Heat's financial obligation and unexpectedly has it in position to spend as much as $11 million this summer on upgrades.

O'Neal or Arenas
Miami Bound?

Last edited by a moderator:
Proabably not.

O'Neal will either stay with the Pacers or go to San Antonio. Half of the league wants Arenas.

Yeah NBA has a cap...I am not sure what it is. It is not as complex as the NFL though I can tell you that. I'd prefer Jason Kidd then O'Neal or Arenas.

yea I guess besides the fact that Anthony Carter sucks at Basketball and Riles cant seem to see that, hes also very, VERY stupid....

I guess stupidity can benefit people sometimes...lets hope Miami hasnt fallen behind in the FA hunt....

According to the Sun-sentinel, they can get either 2 decent players now or 1 major all-star...im wondering about who they should go after....I know Zo watns to play based on financial, but im sure hes not demanding the maximum, maybe theres now more of a chance he can stay, and the heat can get someone else as well...

Also, as for Eddie House, he now has a chance to resign due to Carter's actions, i hope to see him back in a heat uniform, he was exciting...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Half of the league wants Arenas.

Not really. The Jazz have made it clear that Andre Miller is who they want, because they also want a big man. The only other teams who want Gilbert and have more than the $9-10m he wants, are the Warriors and the Nugz. Kiki keeps saying tha the $9m Arenas wants is too much and they wonna sign him for $8m. The Warriors also likely won't match any deal over $9m. If we max out for Arenas, he is ours.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Yeah NBA has a cap...I am not sure what it is. It is not as complex as the NFL though I can tell you that. I'd prefer Jason Kidd then O'Neal or Arenas.

Believe it or not, I'd rather 24yr old O'Neal or 21yr old Arenas over Kidd. Kidd is a better player, but he's 30 and we need a guy who can grow with Wade/CB4. I don't see any way we can get Kidd, the S.S. fell into a dream there. Ice is probably right about J-Rock too, I think he's staying in Indiana.

Our best bets are Arenas, A.Miller, B.Miller, Odom, Maggette Spaghetti, or the Kandi Man(with the first 4 the bigger/better options). Riley loves Odom, always has. Don't be surprised if he jumps the gone.

Originally posted by Peanut

Not really. The Jazz have made it clear that Andre Miller is who they want, because they also want a big man. The only other teams who want Gilbert and have more than the $9-10m he wants, are the Warriors and the Nugz. Kiki keeps saying tha the $9m Arenas wants is too much and they wonna sign him for $8m. The Warriors also likely won't match any deal over $9m. If we max out for Arenas, he is ours.

Believe it or not, I'd rather 24yr old O'Neal or 21yr old Arenas over Kidd. Kidd is a better player, but he's 30 and we need a guy who can grow with Wade/CB4. I don't see any way we can get Kidd, the S.S. fell into a dream there. Ice is probably right about J-Rock too, I think he's staying in Indiana.

Our best bets are Arenas, A.Miller, B.Miller, Odom, Maggette Spaghetti, or the Kandi Man(with the first 4 the bigger/better options). Riley loves Odom, always has. Don't be surprised if he jumps the gone.

O Yeah Odom would be an awsome pick up, do you think they could get elton brand

I love O'Neal. I would love to see him here in Miami. HIs attitude just fits IMO.

Back
Top Bottom