Held A Live Mock Draft The Other Day... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Held A Live Mock Draft The Other Day...

twofactor23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Site I write for had a live mock draft and each staff member was assigned a certain number of teams. Naturally, I had the Fins and here is how the results turned out.

[Note: We Only Did First 3 Rounds]

12: Xavier Rhodes CB FSU (Wanted Millner but he was "picked" already by the Eagles.)
42: Jesse Williams DT Bama (Fins gave him an extensive look at his pro day.)
54: Montee Ball RB Wisc (Guy can find the endzone and can split carries with Miller.)
77: Logan Ryan DB Rutgers (Best DB available at the time)
82: Terron Armstead OT Ark PB (In case we don't get Winston. This guy probably won't drop this far though.)

This was my first time mock drafting so I wanted some opinions/thoughts on these selections. Thanks!

Rhodes is solid at 12. One of my preferred options for that spot. I'm assuming Williams would be to cover our asses in case we can't afford Soliai next season. I like that it's forward-thinking. I like Ball a lot. Reminds me of somewhere between a Curtis Martin and a Frank Gore. I think we need another REALLY good back to make this offense click - assuming we're not helping at the WR core. Ryan is around that range. Not my favorite, but he's not a bad player, and that's good value to bet on Armstead's upside.

I'd like to see the players around the picks or even a full mock. Hard to judge without knowing who's available.

Not bad, I'd be ok with it. I don't know how it fell but if Star or Carradine falls we have to jump on one of em at 12

That's a questionable draft. Rhodes is fine, then you move for a guy who has no spot until one of our starters leaves, while we still have holes everywhere, like TE, WR, and CB (even after taking Rhodes). Ball is fine but too early for us, as well as jumping on the Armstead bandwagon. Nope, outside the first round I think it's blown.

Back
Top Bottom