Hello! From a fan far far away! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hello! From a fan far far away!

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As my name may suggest I am a fan from the UK. As you can imagine this isnt a very common occurrence around here where the NFL probably isnt even in the top 20 biggest sports in the country and "British football" (I refuse to use the s word :p) is very much king. I ended up being a Dolphin fan because I got talking to some bloke id never heard of at my local golf course, he said his name was Dan Marino though he was just some random Yank to me. Anyway I checked him out on google afterwards ended out finding out a bit about the NFL and the Dolphins and I have been stuck with it since. In retrospect it may have been easier to pick the Giants or Packers but im happy with my choice :p

I found most Dolphin online communities to be very strange places full of angry people who want to do nothing but criticise the team and indeed seem to take pleasure from its failure, Tannehill being a bust (how does that work :err: ) and Philbin being a failure tend to be common themes. Also "fireland" seems popular .... very intellectual. So I am quite happy to have found this site where most people seem reasonable. I suppose im in a minority as I think overall Ireland has done ok and I wouldn't sack him but what do I know im British :p Though I must say I really like Joe Philbin, he is very much my kind of man, he has given my optimism for the first time since I started closely following the team. Im by no means a crazy optimist but neither am I the sort to give up totally on people due to past mistakes either so I hope Philbin and Ireland can turn things around. Hard knocks made me change my view on Ireland he strikes me a decent man and I hope things work out for him.

So anyway a random tangent in a wall of text probably isnt how most people introduce themselves but its written now so it will do. Im glad to be part of the community and I look forward to good times on here as we watch Philbin and Tannehill (and of course pro bowl WR Chris Hogan :) ) lead us out of the dark times and into a better future.

Welcome to the board. BTW, the "s-word" is yours originally. ;)

So was "colour" and "aluminum" but you didnt keep those for long :p

So was "colour" and "aluminum" but you didnt keep those for long :p

Yours is aluminium (always wondered about that one, though I can understand dropping the useless 'u' in the others). But be careful with these big words, you'll confuse our West Virginian members.

Hi there another uk fan here.....been a phin fan since it was first shown in uk in 1982 and only way to get results was to get the telegraph newspaper the next day or try and listen to forces radio through a crackly signal and then ch4 with nicky horne! been supporting them through thick and thin but mainly thin lol for 30 years and now thought id register here as best forums by a mile! I support crystal palace football team and help the forums on there and this seems just as good!
Be gentle and come on lets beat those red neck jets!

Hi there another uk fan here.....been a phin fan since it was first shown in uk in 1982 and only way to get results was to get the telegraph newspaper the next day or try and listen to forces. radio through a crackly signal and then ch4 with nicky horne! been supporting them through thick and thin but mainly thin lol for 30 years and now thought id register here as best forums by a mile! I support crystal palace football team and help the forums on there and this seems just as good!
Be gentle and come on lets beat those red neck jets!

Hi if you were in the forces you can ask to get a forces badge, just go to the top of the main board and click on awards and scroll down to the bottom of the page.......

Yours is aluminium (always wondered about that one, though I can understand dropping the useless 'u' in the others). But be careful with these big words, you'll confuse our West Virginian members.

HEY!?!

:chuckle:

Welcome aboard - this place is pretty fun! Been on here for years but now they require 10 posts to view certain aspects of the forum, so trying to get the post count up.

Back
Top Bottom