Hello from Scotland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hello from Scotland

gdf13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Greetings from Scotland.

I've been a fins fan a long time, was in Miami on vacation when i was a kid in January 1982, saw on Tv the classic divisional playoff game against SD.
Can you imagine being a young kid, brought up on soccer and rugby and never seen an NFL game in his life, switching on the TV and being witness to one of the greatest games of all time!
Needless to say I was hooked.

Became a fins fan cos i started rooting for the team that was down and was trying to come back, stuck with them ever since although i do admit to having a soft spot for the Bolts, it was hard to hate them after that game!
So i've been a fan a long time, NFL is a lot easier to follow in UK over last 10 years, thanks to satellite TV and internet than it was in the 80's!

I haven't been so pumped about an offseason since late 80's, really feel team is headed in right direction and look forward to seeing them play in SB sometime in next 2 or 3 years. And hopefully a few more after that!

I'm a long time browser to this site but just decided to get involved in the action!
Little background, I live in St Andrews, Scotland, yep the home of golf!
Great little town, not a lot to do unless you like golf and drinking beer! Luckily I do!
If anyone is ever heading my way to play golf, give me a shout.
Cheers
G

GO FINS!

welcome to the board!! I really wish I could go hit the little white ball with you, but I can't leave the country since my last ordeal at the airport. I'll let you know after the court hearing. BTW don't forget to to PM Wharfrat 6x. It's the initiation around here, everyone has had to do it. Enjoy the boards, head over to the lounge from time to time for a good laugh

:grapeape:

GRAPEAPE said:
welcome to the board!! I really wish I could go hit the little white ball with you, but I can't leave the country since my last ordeal at the airport. I'll let you know after the court hearing. BTW don't forget to to PM Wharfrat 6x. It's the initiation around here, everyone has had to do it. Enjoy the boards, head over to the lounge from time to time for a good laugh

:grapeape:

Hey grapeape, you get out on bail???
Welcome gdf13, say hi to Wharf for me!:rolleyes2

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Hey grapeape, you get out on bail???
Welcome gdf13, say hi to Wharf for me!:rolleyes2
Yep. Wife sold my Escalade for the money. Funny thing is that vehicle was how they finally found me in the end. But I think I am a changed man now. No more Bomb threats for this guy. I think one more time I would do some serious time.:wink:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He is a meanie ever since he was promoted!:wink:
Promoted??? that must have been while I was locked up the second time. Congrats on the promotion Wharf!!!!

Back
Top Bottom