Hello to all in Finheaven | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hello to all in Finheaven

GandalFin

the Aqua and Orange
Reaction score
:) I've been a member for a while and just joined VIP. I'm an avid post reader, but since I'm starting to post more now, I thought I would introduce myself.

I've been a Finfan from the beginning, remembering well the contest to name the team, and was in the stands when Joe Auer ran back the opening kickoff. And so forth. I live in Charlottesville, VA now, but Finheaven has allowed me to be involved with the team, and I feel like I've gotten to know a lot of the thread posters. I can certainly identify with some of the "Children of the 60's".

I'm not a frequent poster, and not much of a wizard, (hehe) regarding football knowledge, but I look forward into growing into the Finheaven family. Thanks!

Thanks, cnc66, first&goal. You hit the nail on the head with geezer, I am getting up there. However, I would not trade growing up in the 60's for anything!

Thanks, cnc66, first&goal. You hit the nail on the head with geezer, I am getting up there. However, I would not trade growing up in the 60's for anything!

Miami truly was the "magic" city back then. I too recall sitting at the supper table trying to decide what name WE were sending in for our new football team. We chose "Hammerheads" btw. We had just a month before went camping on Man O War Key out of Flamingo, and had caught half a dozen Hammers bigger than 6 feet right off the beach, so they were fresh on our minds.

Thanks, mainer. cnc, the Miami Hammerheads, instead of the Dolphins. Hmm, doesn't sound too bad. I wonder if the team history would be significantly different if they had a different name. If naming after sharks that frequent S Fla waters could have been the Mako's or the Bulls. Don't think the Lemons would sound too good.

Welcome to FinHeaven, hope you enjoy this place as much as we do. :cooldude:

Thank you like2god, MercuryMorris. To Fin Fan in Cali, weather out there is almost always good near the coast. The company I work for is in Foothill Ranch and used to be in Irvine. I get out there usually once or twice a year, and Laguna and Newport Beach are close by.

Back
Top Bottom