Henne, Flacco, or Ryan? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne, Flacco, or Ryan?

baseballcb95

Active Roster
Reaction score
At this point, who would you rather have as your QB? who do you think is and will be the better and best QB? Take everything into account. Take Flacco's star studed and dependable defense and run game into account, also the fact that he has already won 2 playoff games as a rookie.. For Ryan, take into account the weapons he has on offense, Tony G., Roddy White, Michael Turner, etc. also take into account their .500 record at 6-6. For Henne take into account his lack of weapons on offense and his poor defense on the other side of the ball. Take into account that he is currently 6-3 as a starter, and has led 4th quarter comebacks 3 times.

If everything was a level playing field, who do you want leading your team?

(I might get ripped but it is just a thought provoking question, dont get down on Henne if you would rather have the others as we also got a Pro-Bowl LT in addition to him in that draft)

Thoughts?

I don't know... that's tough. Ryan has many weapons to work with. Flacco does too. Both players this year have made bad decisions this year and are in a sophomore slump (sort of). Henne has very little weapons to work with, but has played well. Too early to say yet.

I don't know... that's tough. Ryan has many weapons to work with. Flacco does too. Both players this year have made bad decisions this year and are in a sophomore slump (sort of). Henne has very little weapons to work with, but has played well. Too early to say yet.

figure id get a couple too early to tells :lol: also this may seem stupid but are you really Vontaes father?! (your sig)

Lets see in 3 years. Hopegully Henne will have a couple of weapons to his disposal.

Exactly, give Henne Roddy white and Tony G. and he would have much much better stats, take the WC and Pat white out of the game and he would have even better numbers, heck id take Derrick Mason, Mark Clayton, and Todd Heap over what we have..

Henne is looking good. Thank god we took Long instead of ryan and got ourselves a godly olinemen and beastly QB.

I will take Long, Merling, Langford, Donald Thomas, Hilliard, Dotson, Carpenter, Bess, and Chad Henne over Ryan and Flacco any day of the week. That is 6 starters from one draft/UDFA. The 2008 rookie class is one of the most significant in Dolphin's history, so I can not second guess any part of it.

I think the better question might be (not that yours isn't good) I just found this interesting.....

In the time it took us to get grab Henne at (57) overall

Atlanta
(3) Matt Ryan QB - BC
(21) Sam Baker OT - USC
(37) Curtis Lofton LB - OU

Baltimore
(18) Joe Flacco QB - Del
(55) Ray Rice - RB- Rut

Miami
(1) Jake Long OT - UM
(32) Phillip Merling DT - Clem
(57) Chad Henne QB - UM (thank you 4 the extra pick Chambers)

Who had the better 1st 2 rounds? (by the way 9/picks after CH we grabbed Langford)

As far as which QB I would take.......Ryan has slight edge right now over Henne with Flacco not really in the conversation for me. I think Henne could easily end up the best of the 3 though.

my thing is, if we had drafted ryan, we would have lost that game. we dropped back 52 times and henne got sacked once. if we didnt have jake long as our left tackle, ryan would have no time at all to throw the ball. then you look at the weapens ryan had last year, roddy white was really the only difference maker, but if we had roddy white on our team, henne would be a stud. im a big ohio state fan, so ive seen henne play. I was at the florida-michigan bowl game and i never saw a guy with more poise than henne. henne has a stronger arm than ryan and id every bit as much intangibles. im sticking with henne, and not just cause im a phins fan.

Back
Top Bottom