Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin

Mando just posted similar aricle.
Before this day is out we might see how much of a trader and perhaps a gambler Dolphins general manager Dennis Hickey is willing to be while running his first NFL Draft.

Sources around the NFL are saying, insisting actually, that Hickey wants to trade out of the Dolphins’ No. 19 overall selection in the first round. That makes sense because the players the Dolphins covet either are not going to be available more than midway through the round or aren’t a value pick that early.

So Hickey spent much of the past few days on the phone discussing trade-up as well as trade-down scenarios. He was “setting the table,” as one source said.

And while the idea of a trade-up scenario sounds exciting, suggests an aggressive approach and will likely be applauded by fans at the team’s draft party, that approach taken beyond limits is exactly wrong.

Think this way:

Significant trade up bad.Trade down good.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/07/4103807/armando-salguero-miami-dolphins.html#storylink=cpy

If the Jets were to trade their first and second for Martin (or even Mathews) would that worry anybody here? I would ****ing laugh at their stupidity. If we make this move the rest of the AFCE is going to just scoff.

The only OL worth trading up for is Matthews. If this happens, I'm already done with Hickey.

4eb-1.jpg

The draft can't get here soon enough so we can put all these stupid rumors behind us!!!!!!!!!

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m

Gauging Fins possible trade down partners, SF wants to come up but Baltimore @ No. 17 might make more sense for them. Coaches have history.

Id be down for a trade up if it was for this and next years 3rd rounders. I hate trading away first and second round picks.

Selfishly, I watch gavel to gavel draft action. I want to be entertained for as much as the three days as possible. Lol.

Too costly - to get in top 10 I would be done with Hickey if he gives a 2nd and 3rd for a Guard

Trading up for a RT is a loser move. Don't do it...

Would really suck if we traded up to get Martin. If we trade up, why not trade up for Tackles like Matthews or Lewan who are better than Martin.

Back
Top Bottom