Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald: Growing belief fins trade up to get Martin

You trade up for Clowney or Watkins not for Martin.

I could stomach moving a 2nd next year along with our 3rd this year to move up. I'd hope we could get high enough to grab Matthews or Robinson though if we are going to move.

I could stomach moving a 2nd next year along with our 3rd this year to move up. I'd hope we could get high enough to grab Matthews or Robinson though if we are going to move.

I wouldn't be happy with that. I think we should just stay put and roll with it. Here's a look at last year's day one moves, just to get an idea.

Five trades occurred in Round One of the 2013 NFL Draft on Thursday. Here are the terms of those deals:

The Dolphins acquired the Raiders’ first-round choice (No. 3 overall), with Oakland receiving Miami’s first- and second-round choices (Nos. 12 and 42) in return. The Dolphins selected Oregon defensive end Dion Jordan with the No. 3 overall pick, with the Raiders taking D.J. Hayden 12th.

The Rams traded for the Bills’ first- and third-round choices (Nos. 8 and 71), with Buffalo getting St. Louis’ first-, second-, third- and seventh-round choices (Nos. 16, 46, 78, 222). With the No. 8 pick, the Rams drafted West Virginia wide receiver Tavon Austin. At No. 16, the Bills selected Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel.

The 49ers traded up with Dallas, acquiring the Cowboys’ first-round choice (No. 18) for San Francisco’s first- and third-round choices (Nos. 31 and 74, the latter of which once belonged to Carolina). At No. 18, the 49ers drafted Louisiana State safety Eric Reid. The Cowboys took Wisconsin center Travis Frederick 31st.

The Falcons traded their first-round pick (No. 30) as well as third- and sixth-round choices (Nos. 92, 198) for the Rams’ first-round choice (No. 22 overall and formerly Washington’s Round One pick) and a conditional 2o15 seventh-round pick. The Falcons drafted Washington cornerback Desmond Trufant at No. 22. The Rams, meanwhile, selected Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree at No. 30.

The Vikings, who had already exercised two earlier first-round picks (Nos. 23, 25), traded back into Round One, acquiring the Patriots’ first-round pick (No. 29) in exchange for second-, third-, fourth- and seventh-round picks (Nos. 52, 83, 102, 229). (Pick No. 102 was originally Detroit’s selection.) The Vikings drafted Tennessee wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson at No. 29.

I actually like the move. Martin is the best OG in this draft. One of the safest prospect in the first round draft.

??? That's just his projection as Martin does not have experience at guard.

Anyways, anything said in the few weeks leading up to the draft is all smoke and mirrors.

The only player I'd trade up for is Matthews who and has shown that he can play both LT and RT unlike a beloved prospect.

Trading UP to get cornfed would be one of the worst moves ever.

If the Phins trade up to draft corn, the new logo should be come this..............

1280pxFlying_Fish_28PSF29-1.png

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m

We’ve mentioned #49ers are more than open to moving up on Thursday night. Let’s add another: #Broncos. They’re talking about moving up, too

we should trade up for the best long-snapper on the draft too:rolleyes2:

trading up for a G or a RT is revolting to me, you are paying for Ireland's sins

The only trade up worth doing is for Mike Evans. thats not going to happen. Trade down no farther than 30 or draft a player with 1st round grade.

If we trade a first and a second to get Zack Martin then Dennis Hickey should be drug tested for hard drugs on the spot.

Teams who put their most premium assets in play for offensive lineman(especially non left tackles) never prosper as far as post season wins, and appearances. Not in today's league.

If we are trading up, it should be for Johnny Football.

Back
Top Bottom