Here's what I don't get... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here's what I don't get...

JTech194

Starter
Reaction score
Ross wanted to strip Ireland of some of his power.. My question is... what power was that and WHO DID HE WANT TO GIVE IT TOO? Did he want to give it to Dawn? if so... what power would she have? Power to make personnel decisions? Is she attending senior bowls, breaking down film, attending college games, etc... is she qualified to have final decision on player personnel? Did he want to give it to Philbin? Same question applies to him but in a different aspect, does he have the TIME being the head coach to run a scouting department and a coaching staff? How much film would he have time to watch, or attend games etc... Has he proved that he deserves the right to take on more responsibility? He was JUST the head coach and went 8-8 I'd say he needs to focus more on coaching. Would he give final say on player signings to Dawn or Joe and make Ireland nothing more than a glorified scout? Does that make sense? Will a new "GM" be brought in to be a glorified scout, collecting data on players to present to Dawn or Joe for them to say who we should sign and or draft? Would a new GM want to take that job or stay in the position their in (in the cases of candidates that have jobs) ???

I guess my overall concern is that does Ross actually have a plan or clue how he wants to move forward or is he just shooting from the hip?? Because too me he looks clueless..

It was reported that Ross wanted to bring someone in from outside for that role. The assumption right now seems to be that with Ireland out, the new GM is going to have that final say personnel power.

What happened here was very simple. Steve Ross cut off Ireland's arms and legs to force him out. I suspected that maybe he wanted to wait for the Wells report to fire him with cause, and it sounds like he found a way to do it faster.

Don't panic.

Why fire someone when you can get them to quit. Wonder how much money Ireland got to keep and I wonder if Ross finally learned not to extend below avg employees before their contracts are up?

Back
Top Bottom