Here’s what’s in store next season for one of the Dolphins’ fastest players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s what’s in store next season for one of the Dolphins’ fastest players

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jakeem%20Grant

▪ Last spring, then-offensive coordinator Clyde Christensen assured that wide receiver Jakeem Grant would be a bigger part of the offense. It didn’t happen until the 13th game of the season, when Grant scored a touchdown against the Patriots and followed that up with a nifty catch and run for a 65-yard scoring play in the 15th game against Kansas City.
This time around, figure on Grant being more involved in the offense from the start — whether Jarvis Landry is here or not.
Three reasons for that: 1. Grant has proved he can be a valuable weapon on offense in regular-season games, not merely in preseason. 2. Adam Gase, who will continue to call the plays, expressed regret late in the season that he didn’t use Grant more earlier in the season. 3. New offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains is very much impressed by Grant.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article197912184.html

So Grant will replace Landry? I don't see the Dolphins using Grant more if we have Landry, Stills and Parker...unless one of them is gone.

Where did it say he was going to replace Landry? It just said he was going to be used more.
Read my answer again.... The Dolphins run a lot of 2 and 3 TE sets. I don't see 4 WR sets much with Gase. Unless one of the top 3 (Stills, Landry, Parker) will play for a different team next year

Landry's gone. Grant will be use more in 2018

Ozzy rules!!

Grant will be playing outside. If Landry is gone IMO your gonna see about an equal split between Stills and Parker rotating in the slot. Im also not ready to throw in the towel yet on Carroo because in the small sample we've seen he shows he belongs in the NFL. Although thats about all I can say on that point bc the sample size has been so small.

I think the longer that everything is quiet on the Landry front, the more likely it is that he comes back.

What's most likely to indicate that he's leaving Miami is more passive aggressive tweets and hit piece articles spoon-fed to beat reporters.

The Dolphins also seemed to figure out late last year that Jakeem Grant is one of their best blockers on screens.

All they saw was his size before, but the simple fact of the matter is blocking defensive backs is a lot more about your feet and ability to get to the block, and keep the target in front of your pads. His feet, his attitude, and the unnatural strength he has for his size actually make him a good blocker.

He's a better blocker than DeVante Parker. And between Grant and Kenny Stills, it's not even on the same continent.

The Dolphins also seemed to figure out late last year that Jakeem Grant is one of their best blockers on screens.

All they saw was his size before, but the simple fact of the matter is blocking defensive backs is a lot more about your feet and ability to get to the block, and keep the target in front of your pads. His feet, his attitude, and the unnatural strength he has for his size actually make him a good blocker.

He's a better blocker than DeVante Parker. And between Grant and Kenny Stills, it's not even on the same continent.

Indeed! What about the receiving skill-set CK. What was your assessment when we drafted him and what do you see from him next season? Especially, if we don't resign Landry.

Ironic that those two games he was given opportunities, not his fault his number isn't called.

Not saying its anyones fault im saying 1.5 games is not enough to prove anything. How many players had an entire season in which they broke out only to be one hit wonders.

Back
Top Bottom