Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Some thoughts and notes on Dolphins offensive positions a few days into free agency:

▪ Quarterback. Though the Dolphins re-signed David Fales on Thursday, he won’t necessarily be Ryan Tannehill’s backup. And there’s no guarantee he will even make the team.

One NFL official who spoke with Miami said the Dolphins have expressed interest in finding Tannehill’s backup in the draft if possible. (And that may or may not be possible.)

That might require using a first- or second-day pick on a quarterback, unless the Dolphins find a gem in the fourth round as Dallas did with Dak Prescott in 2016.

The Dolphins’ interest in Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield is well-documented. The Dolphins and Mayfield had scheduled a dinner this week in Norman, Oklahoma, but rescheduled it until later in the month because Dolphins officials wanted to remain in South Florida this week for the early stages of free agency.

The Dolphins will return to Norman to give him a private workout and have dinner with him. He also might visit Dolphins offices, too.

An NFL official in touch with the Dolphins said they also have spoken highly of UCLA’s Josh Rosen.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article205489339.html

CK had mentioned that Woodhead is on the Dolphins radar..

I have zero interest in the rest of those TE's unless Dion S is released.

If don't draft a within the 1st 3 rounds, I will be very disappointed. Please no more trying to fix that issue through free agency, it's not working.

CK had mentioned that Woodhead is on the Dolphins radar..

I have zero interest in the rest of those TE's unless Dion S is released.

I think CK was being sarcastic on that TBH. He hasn't been linked to the Dolphins anywhere else

He sounded pretty serious (fwiw)...

CK‏ @ckparrot Mar 13
What’s funny about getting Wilson and Amendola (and Woodhead, you watch, not joking) for underneath is Stills a proven deep threat, and Jakeem Grant shows flashes of that too. He’s un-jammable. He’s too tiny and fast. Try getting a jam on a live chicken sometime. It’s not easy.

We NEED a QB. If something happens to RT again, I do not want to see another season like last year.

Dickson getting that overpay basically soured me on the rest of the TE market.

And only three of those were selected before the sixth round — John Beck and Henne and Pat White in the second round, and Tannehill in the first in 2012.

????

The thing is wish we could draft all the following early on in the draft- but not possible.

QB
TE
LB

and if it is true that they like Guice as Armando has reported how do we fit all these in early? Leaving out DT here..

If we wait again to draft an impact TE or LB probably going to be too late....

The thing is wish we could draft all the following early on in the draft- but not possible.

QB
TE
LB

and if it is true that they like Guice as Armando has reported how do we fit all these in early? Leaving out DT here..

If we wait again to draft an impact TE or LB probably going to be too late....
The way I see it, LB and TE absolutely HAVE be our first two selections in the draft. Unless a top QB falls to #11, which I don't see happening. I think we'll probably look at a developmental prospect to groom behind Tannehill in the third or fourth rounds.

This RB draft class is deep, so we can add one with in the fourth without a problem.

DT is where it gets tricky, but FA is a fluid process that doesn't end now. I would wait for a veteran DT to become available after the draft and nab him. My only concern is knowing that Tannenbaum could potentially use #11 to draft a DT, which would leave us in pretty bad shape to improve our LB unit, imo.

I really hope one of the top QB falls and the Phins can fleece somebody for multiple top picks.
If one of the top qbs falls why would Miami trade instead of drafting and setting the franchise up for success...

Back
Top Bottom