Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes

The way I see it, LB and TE absolutely HAVE be our first two selections in the draft. Unless a top QB falls to #11, which I don't see happening. I think we'll probably look at a developmental prospect to groom behind Tannehill in the third or fourth rounds.

This RB draft class is deep, so we can add one with in the fourth without a problem.

DT is where it gets tricky, but FA is a fluid process that doesn't end now. I would wait for a veteran DT to become available after the draft and nab him. My only concern is knowing that Tannenbaum could potentially use #11 to draft a DT, which would leave us in pretty bad shape to improve our LB unit, imo.

He definitely could go DT at 11 but yes I would probably try to pick up a rotational veteran, but lets say you go LB at 11 and pick R. Smith- then I am concerned that defense can get attacked on the ground and I am a little concerned about his medical. I am ok with waiting on the RB - not sure that they are..

The thing is wish we could draft all the following early on in the draft- but not possible.

QB
TE
LB

I still would advocate trading down to the early 20's, pick up a 3rd or 2nd and then we have the ammunition to fill more holes. I think we can get our TE, LB and DT. Afterwards we can find our QB, backup guard, kicker, and RB.

if anything happens to Tannehill I want to have a young QB that we draft this year ready to play and learn out there. That way we at least start to develop him out on the field and we don't waste another year like we did in 2017. If a QB we really like is there at 11 then take him. We might not have a chance like that in a long time

Ozzy rules!!

He definitely could go DT at 11 but yes I would probably try to pick up a rotational veteran, but lets say you go LB at 11 and pick R. Smith- then I am concerned that defense can get attacked on the ground and I am a little concerned about his medical. I am ok with waiting on the RB - not sure that they are..
I think Smith will drop out of the top 15 because of the medical. I don't trust drafting him and would take Vander over him

Ozzy rules!!

I still would advocate trading down to the early 20's, pick up a 3rd or 2nd and then we have the ammunition to fill more holes. I think we can get our TE, LB and DT. Afterwards we can find our QB, backup guard, kicker, and RB.
Someone elite will be there at 11. Why trade down and give that up for a 3rd round. Contrary to our FO cutting every probowler we had, we do need elite talent to compete in the NFL.

Another option is, if a top FS drops to #11, you get him and convert McDonald into a hybrid S/LB type.

At LB I think I prefer Edmunds to Smith. But yeah, DT is totally in play now at #11, just not sure I would go that way.

If something happens to RT again (knock on wood) id rather have a worse season than last year.

I was more pointing to the fact that if we need to replace Tannehill it would need to be with a high pick in 2019. Not a 3rd or 4th rounder this year. Not advocating to lose games on purpose.

Who considers any one of the QBs elite prospects?
Seriously. Teams will take 4 in the top ten so right off the bat them. Some posters need to get real here. This is a very strong and talented qb class. One of the best in the last 15 to 20 years. If we are lucky and one gets to us at 11 it is a no brainer. Every team starts with a qb ask any winning coach.

Ah, so we pass on an elite qb prospect for fear of failure. Hmmm ok. Wouldn't want to put a tarnish on all our rescent success.
I'm just saying it could go either way relax pal

I'm just saying it could go either way relax pal
I'm retired in South Florida. I can't be more relaxed :) All I'm saying is every team starts with a qb. And if giving the chance we got to take it.

Back
Top Bottom