Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes

I would like to see us use a mid round pick on Mike White for QB.

I feel his maturity and his arm are his strengths. He can be taught everything else but you can't teach arm talent; you can refine it but not create it.

He is not likely to be worse than Doughty or Fales and probably significantly better just due to his maturity.

I don't really care don't care who we pick or when we pick them, just as long as we beef up our linebackers and defensive line; now that the offensive holes have been addressed, along with a TE, a running back, a QB and a kicker. It will be interesting to see who we draft, when we draft them and if we pick up any late cuts.

I'm retired in South Florida. I can't be more relaxed :) All I'm saying is every team starts with a qb. And if giving the chance we got to take it.
if he's the best player on the board you take it, if not don't force it. just saying, freeman, sanchez, j. Russell, v. young, Leinart, leftwich, d,carr, Harrington, couch, smith, mcnown, off the top of my head that were 1st rd bust. not all 1st round QB succeed.

The way I see it, LB and TE absolutely HAVE be our first two selections in the draft. Unless a top QB falls to #11, which I don't see happening. I think we'll probably look at a developmental prospect to groom behind Tannehill in the third or fourth rounds.

This RB draft class is deep, so we can add one with in the fourth without a problem.

DT is where it gets tricky, but FA is a fluid process that doesn't end now. I would wait for a veteran DT to become available after the draft and nab him. My only concern is knowing that Tannenbaum could potentially use #11 to draft a DT, which would leave us in pretty bad shape to improve our LB unit, imo.

Absolutely, as long as its not a Jawan james type reach I'm all on board for LB and TE.
but don't get a 10 pick later player if theres talent on the board that you are jumping over.
we have so many needs, yes 2 gapping holes. but we could use a FS, a Guard, WR, RB hell even a DT.

if he's the best player on the board you take it, if not don't force it. just saying, freeman, sanchez, j. Russell, v. young, Leinart, leftwich, d,carr, Harrington, couch, smith, mcnown, off the top of my head that were 1st rd bust. not all 1st round QB succeed.
Yes there are misses in the first round, I'm not denying that. Unfortunately at this point I would put tanny on that list. Talk about forcing a pick at #8. If Mayfield is there at 11 that's not a force that a miracle gift from god.

There seems to be a lot of different ways of spelling Derwin James.

Yes there are misses in the first round, I'm not denying that. Unfortunately at this point I would put tanny on that list. Talk about forcing a pick at #8. If Mayfield is there at 11 that's not a force that a miracle gift from god.

So you would have traded back to take Weeden? Or stayed at 8 to take Weeden? Or maybe Osweiler? And please don't say you would have taken Wilson as nobody saw him being what he's been.

Or would you have stuck with Chad Henne? Given Matt Moore a chance?

The Phins DID try and go all in on Peyton Manning that year. Outside of that in FA there was 35 year old Hasselbeck, Caleb Hanie, Vince Young, Marc Bulger, Billy Volek, Alex Smith, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown, Seneca Wallace, 83 year old Kerry Collins, Tarvaris Jackson...

2012 had EJ JManuel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, Matt Barkey, Ryan Nassib...

Wanna re-think the statement that Tannehill was a forced pick? Sounds a lot more like he was a miracle gift from God!

Someone elite will be there at 11. Why trade down and give that up for a 3rd round. Contrary to our FO cutting every probowler we had, we do need elite talent to compete in the NFL.

If you think someone elite is there when we pick, you take him. It's not often you draft that high. But picking 11 doesn't always mean elite. Must i re-hash Ted Ginn? Other guys like Ebron, Fluker, Gilbert, Austin, Mingo, White, etc were all top 11.

That said, for me it would depend on who was there and what else we do between now and then. I love accumulating picks....hitting on guys is definitely a numbers game......and i think this draft is really deep in the first few days, especially round 1.

If a team covets a QB who falls to 11 and wants to give the farm to trade up for him, there's no question i'm listening.....well that is unless i covet him just as much.

So you would have traded back to take Weeden? Or stayed at 8 to take Weeden? Or maybe Osweiler? And please don't say you would have taken Wilson as nobody saw him being what he's been.

Or would you have stuck with Chad Henne? Given Matt Moore a chance?

The Phins DID try and go all in on Peyton Manning that year. Outside of that in FA there was 35 year old Hasselbeck, Caleb Hanie, Vince Young, Marc Bulger, Billy Volek, Alex Smith, Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown, Seneca Wallace, 83 year old Kerry Collins, Tarvaris Jackson...

2012 had EJ JManuel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, Matt Barkey, Ryan Nassib...

Wanna re-think the statement that Tannehill was a forced pick? Sounds a lot more like he was a miracle gift from God!
Come on, tanny at #8 was a miracle to you and not a forced pick. LOL. That's hilarious. Do you know anything about his college career. Beat out by Jerrod Johnson (that's right who??) And had to move to wr. Got sometime towards the end of his junior year. Started as a senior, short career going into the NFL draft. He threw 29 TDS to 15 Ints. A ratio he had duplicated his entire pro career. That's a miracle pick to you. Baker is a heisman trophy winner coming from one of the top college programs in the country. Almost a 70% completion % and has 129 tds to 29 ints in 47 starts. Tanny was a stretch. Baker would be a mircle.

If you think someone elite is there when we pick, you take him. It's not often you draft that high. But picking 11 doesn't always mean elite. Must i re-hash Ted Ginn? Other guys like Ebron, Fluker, Gilbert, Austin, Mingo, White, etc were all top 11.

That said, for me it would depend on who was there and what else we do between now and then. I love accumulating picks....hitting on guys is definitely a numbers game......and i think this draft is really deep in the first few days, especially round 1.

If a team covets a QB who falls to 11 and wants to give the farm to trade up for him, there's no question i'm listening.....well that is unless i covet him just as much.
Agreed, yes i agreds dont force picks. I'm with you. But I have ni doubt there will be an elite player on the board this year at 11. Also I don't by into the argument that past failure should stop you from grabbing someone you consider elite high in the draft. It can't and doesn't work that way. Final point is that Miami should be. Team coveting a top qb. We need one. Again that's juat me. I am a true believe that a team starts and ends with the qb. Also I don't believe tanny is it. I wouldn't have any problem if we get baker at 11 move tanny to wr!

We have Kiko and a 2nd year guy coming off a missed year with an ACL tear and 2 undrafted free agents at LB. There are no LBs left in free agency. How can anybody suggest we do anything else at pick 11 than draft a LB or James at S and use McDonald at LB. We also have no TEs and there's none left in free agency. So we need to spend that 2nd rounder on a TE. The absolutely stupidest thing we can do is draft a QB in the first. Actually there is something stupider, trading up in the 1st by using our 2nd to draft a QB.

We have Kiko and a 2nd year guy coming off a missed year with an ACL tear and 2 undrafted free agents at LB. There are no LBs left in free agency. How can anybody suggest we do anything else at pick 11 than draft a LB or James at S and use McDonald at LB. We also have no TEs and there's none left in free agency. So we need to spend that 2nd rounder on a TE. The absolutely stupidest thing we can do is draft a QB in the first. Actually there is something stupider, trading up in the 1st by using our 2nd to draft a QB.
So let's say at 11 the qb our franchise considers to be an elite prospect and love is there they should pass on for a LB, just asking.

LB. Or DT. Not Qb this draft lets go for need with the first three picks.

That's the only way Miami screws this up, giving away picks to move up.

LB. Or DT. Not Qb this draft lets go for need with the first three picks.
Qb is a need for this team. Dt at 11 is a wasted pick we would be passing on major talent to take one. If a qb doesn't fall to 11 I'm all in for a lb.

Back
Top Bottom