Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up!

TheDon74

42.7% of all statistics are made up
Reaction score
In his 1st 6 starts he managed 6td and 14int with a 56.9 passer rating. Guess he wasn't the future huh? No offence but some of you are morons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/

EDIT: Because there are people in this world that need warnings labels telling them that coffee is hot I apparently need to go back and add this disclaimer to the thread.

This is not about comparing Henne to Manning, its just pointing out that young QB's even the greats have rough starts to their careers. So be patient and let the guy take his lumps before you pass judgment. A year from now we will have a better idea what we have in him.

I have no problem with Henne and believe he is the future. The only problem with Henne is:

1) A baffoon calling the plays.
2) No #1 WR or any deep threat whatsoever.
3) A complete baffoon calling the plays.

Henne seems to get along well with Lee.. everytime Henne is on the sidelines we see him and lee going over the coverages.. IMO they have a very good rapport.. That being said, IMO Lee would be a much better OC than that other moron

I have no problem with Henne and believe he is the future. The only problem with Henne is:

1) A baffoon calling the plays.
2) No #1 WR or any deep threat whatsoever.
3) A complete baffoon calling the plays.

Henne seems to get along well with Lee.. everytime Henne is on the sidelines we see him and lee going over the coverages.. IMO they have a very good rapport.. That being said, IMO Lee would be a much better OC than that other moron
agree, henning needs to be retired and lee promoted...

I like Henne, but this arguement is as dumb as people who say he is a bust. Because Peyton Manning did it means Henne will? There are more qb's who start bad and end that way, then turn into Peyton Manning.

I like Henne, but this arguement is as dumb as people who say he is a bust. Because Peyton Manning did it means Henne will? There are more qb's who start bad and end that way, then turn into Peyton Manning.

I didn't say that he was the next Manning, the point is that early on even the great ones have some bumps in the road and take their lumps.

This is like comparing apples to dump trucks. We can't compare what Henne has done to what other QBs have done, we need to compare Henne to Henne. Is he growing every week? Is he making the same mistakes? Is he starting to do the little things to elevate his game to the next level? One thing I want see him do is move around more in the pocket and keep plays alive, this will eliminate interceptions like we saw yesterday, and it will also decrease his sack count. Once he starts moving forward more in the pocket and less lateral or back, bigger plays will develop.

Comparisons are just bad because no 2 guys are in the same position unless they are playing for the same team. I could easily claim Henne is a bust because in his second year Tom Brady went 11-3 in the regular season, 3-0 in the post seasaon with a Superbowl win and Superbowl MVP.

Every body is entitled to their opinion it doesn't make them a moron. Henne had a lot of question marks coming out of college and to just ignore the mistakes he makes during the game is wrong. He had a HORRIBLE game yesterday PISS POOR!!!! So what it was bound to happen the greatest QBs in the history of the league had PISS POOR games. Now the question is does he learn and grow from it?

the differnce between Manning and henne is the colts FO and head coach put the right 10 people around him something the dolphins has been doing awful at sense 1980.

Well again let me just add I'm not comparing the two but on to your point. Last time I checked Parcells, Ireland and Sparano haven't been here since 1980 hell we don't even have the same owner as we did last year so I don't really follow your point.

Peyton Manning also took chances and that is why his interception total was so high. Henne is throwing mostly short to medium routes. He is getting high percentage throw but is comp percentage is south of 60. If Henne was slinging the ball around I wouldn't mind a few picks, but he is trying to play it safe and yet still has more int than TDs.

With that being said I have seen some good things out of Henne, and I believe he will be a decent QB in the league. I don't know if he is the future, but he has been better than a lot of other QBs we have brought through here.

Well again let me just add I'm not comparing the two but on to your point. Last time I checked Parcells, Ireland and Sparano haven't been here since 1980 hell we don't even have the same owner as we did last year so I don't really follow your point.

You created this thread why?

We all want Henne to succeed. The fact of the matter is we don't have enough of a sample size to make a decision on him one way or the other.

Like it or not, we are going to see him as the starting QB for the remainder of this season and all of next season baring an injury or a complete collapse in terms of his performance.

I see nothing so far to tell me he will be "special" nor do I see anything that is a complete show stopper...

Let's see if he can rebound next week... If he tanks the remainder of the season I will be officially concerned.

This is like comparing apples to dump trucks. We can't compare what Henne has done to what other QBs have done, we need to compare Henne to Henne. Is he growing every week? Is he making the same mistakes? Is he starting to do the little things to elevate his game to the next level? One thing I want see him do is move around more in the pocket and keep plays alive, this will eliminate interceptions like we saw yesterday, and it will also decrease his sack count. Once he starts moving forward more in the pocket and less lateral or back, bigger plays will develop.

Comparisons are just bad because no 2 guys are in the same position unless they are playing for the same team. I could easily claim Henne is a bust because in his second year Tom Brady went 11-3 in the regular season, 3-0 in the post seasaon with a Superbowl win and Superbowl MVP.

Every body is entitled to their opinion it doesn't make them a moron. Henne had a lot of question marks coming out of college and to just ignore the mistakes he makes during the game is wrong. He had a HORRIBLE game yesterday PISS POOR!!!! So what it was bound to happen the greatest QBs in the history of the league had PISS POOR games. Now the question is does he learn and grow from it?

See all you did was bring up intelligent questions about Hennes development and I'm not talking about that. Of course we should say the guy had a bad game and dissect his growth and set backs. Thats not what I'm talking about, I'm talking to the (imo) morons that are saying we should bench him and see what we have in White and that he's a bust and not the answer. (I'm not saying he is the answer but there is no way to know yet if he is or isn't)

You created this thread why?

We all want Henne to succeed. The fact of the matter is we don't have enough of a sample size to make a decision on him one way or the other.

Like it or not, we are going to see him as the starting QB for the remainder of this season and all of next season baring an injury or a complete collapse in terms of his performance.

I see nothing so far to tell me he will be "special" nor do I see anything that is a complete show stopper...

Let's see if he can rebound next week... If he tanks the remainder of the season I will be officially concerned.

No offence 'bla bla bla' but I've read a lot of the threads you have started or responded to and in all honesty could care less what your opinion on this thread or football in general is. I would sooner ask my 6yr old niece what she thought rather then ask you. Like I said no offence.

Back
Top Bottom