Hickey gets it!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hickey gets it!!!

-No Yard-After-Catch or RAC among playmakers in 2013. Dolphins were ranked 23rd in the league in RAC as a team. In 2013, Hartline was 58th in the NFL in RAC yards and Wallace was 70th. Charles Clay was 41st with 382 RAC yards. This was huge especially if you’re going to be running a WCO which is mostly predicated on YAC.

This goes with what I've been saying, which is we haven't seen Joe Philbin's offense, yet. He's failed to build his vision. So no doubt adding some WR's and TE's are part of the plan. We got rid of Bess because he was a catch-and-fall-down type guy. With Hartline and Bess, we were too easily contained. So we stretched the field out with Wallace, and replaced Bess with Gibson, who is better. Gibson and Keller both got hurt and that immediately limited the offense. There's no doubt we need better options, and with a combination of drafting, FA and bringing back injured players, I hope we can pull it off. This is the year we need to see the offense be effective.

Mike Wallace are you listening? You need to step up your game, jump for the ball, fight for the ball. Your replacements are being looked at right in front of you. Show Hickey and us why you get so much money.
Btw, if Ryan hit him deep like he's supposed to, maybe this conversation doesn't happen. Maybe it's all contracts. Whatever the reason, bring in more TD's, more points, more victorys!

Is he "like a boss"?

Hickey gets it!....Like a Boss :dance:

On a serious note: I think I'm somewhat in-line with what OP's saying on Hickey, I like that he's placing some emphasis on the WR corps. One could look at our group of WR's without aqua-colored glasses on and easily say, Hmm, overpaid, recovering from injury, and all transitioning to a new OC and playbook. Hickey's wise to not sit on his laurels with such an important position for our offense.

Hopefully he doesn't pull an Ireland and blow up a unit just for the sake of getting "cheaper" like the ILB's last year.

I'm sorry you can't say Hickey gets it based on signing a load of scrubs. Yards after the catch is my biggest concern with the receivers we currently have, from memory our red zone efficiency was very good, or did it regress during the season?
Don't see us going receiver in the 1st round unless a load of players that suit our needs are gone, but a receiver in the 2nd round or later is a probability.

Mike Wallace are you listening? You need to step up your game, jump for the ball, fight for the ball. Your replacements are being looked at right in front of you. Show Hickey and us why you get so much money.
Btw, if Ryan hit him deep like he's supposed to, maybe this conversation doesn't happen. Maybe it's all contracts. Whatever the reason, bring in more TD's, more points, more victorys!

Not sure why you think its 100% RT's fault that our deep balls sucked last year. You post is kinda contrdicts itself.

You can have the best wide reciever in the world but if your QB is sitting on his butt in the grass like ours was last year then that all world reciever is as worthless as a scrub on your team. Last year at this time we appeared at least to have the makings of a decent OL with a couple of guys who had been to the pro-bowels, a second round pick returning his second year plus Pouncy. Now we have Pouncy, Albert who has only made it through one full season uninjured and a ton of very, very part time players. We have 4 holes on the offensive line to fill. Lots of folks were giddy over getting rid or the Old linebackers last year and bringing in the new young guys. Well that did not work out to well did it and Dansby who let go went on to a probowl year and the young guys were either banged up and did not play that well. So we have another hole or two to fill at linebacking and do not expect the run defense to get any better with the loss of our main stay in Paul Stolai. Our defensive secondary played probably the best of any positions we had out there last year, so we let 2 out of 3 CB's walk along with a starting safty and replace them with guys off injured reserve who were once upon a time good players but that was once upon a time. They certianly could have, should have resgined these 3 guys for some insurance in Nolan Carrol, John Jerry and Chris Clemons. All these guys were very affordable to resign and were proven starters last year compared to any replacement they have brought in. Take into consideration our coach who basically lost his team the last 2 games of the season last year when they couldn't score enough points against 2 farily weak opponents to get into the playoffs and I am not gettng a warm and fuzzy feeling about a guy capable of coaching up most of these Hicky signings this year.

You can have the best wide reciever in the world but if your QB is sitting on his butt in the grass like ours was last year then that all world reciever is as worthless as a scrub on your team.

Even giving up 58 sacks is only about 6% of the total snaps where the QB is on the ground. That leaves plenty of opportunities for the skill players to put points on the board.

and a secondary that's has questions all over place after not resigning over half the secondary

you mean the ones that never could stop or defend anyone good? those guys? the ones who didnt have the talent to be part of a championship secondary?

the only questions left is WHY WERE THEY NOT RUN OFF SOONER? and WHY IS JIMMY WILSON still with the team?

you have to clean out the bums to make room for real players, real talent. i think we will go secondary EARLY and OFTEN. in this day of the pass at all costs nfl, you have to have big talent across the board not only in the starters but also the bench.

we brought in some wait and see types, but nothing that wont hurt us if the draft pics are far and above them and they get released. guys like delmas. if he is healthy, he is an enforcer in the middle of the field. we havnt had that type of safety in many, many years. and it is why i think if calvin pryor is still there at #19, its a done deal. if he isnt there they will go for whatever is the best cb available. the nfl networks new MOCK DRAFT WEEKLY has us taking BRADLEY ROBY at #19. i would be estatic with that choice. h-ha dixon could [and should] be in the mix if safety is still the want and pryor is gone.

again, my point is they didnt resign them because they were not worthy of the talent we need to be a championship contender. those guys are not talented enough to be part of a championship caliber secondary.

i think this could end up being one of the greatest secondary drafts of all time. its loaded with top notch corners and the safetys are BIG TIME under rated. something ireland could never figure out was drafting to the STRENGTH of the draft. this year, its wr, secondary and OL. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO STOP THESE BIG, FAST, PHYSICAL WR'S that are all over the nfl now like seattle did with great secondary play across the board.

and your right. we have lots of questions in the secondary right now. hopefully the draft solves that.

Even giving up 58 sacks is only about 6% of the total snaps where the QB is on the ground. That leaves plenty of opportunities for the skill players to put points on the board.

Sacks then you have the hurries which are not counted in the sack totals but still affect the accuracy of the QB in the pocket or the QB scrambling for his life which is not counted or the QB rolling out of the pocket creating just half the field to throw because of lack of protection. Let's not kid outselves either that we have had a running game to take the pressure off either. The ofensive line is dog meat right now in terms of personel. The only hope we have IMO is our new offensive line coach and that hoping is based he is much better than what we had last year at that posiition.

Miami has recently signed receivers Damian Williams, Kevin Cone and Mike Rios. They also reportedly offered a contract to Nate Burleson. There are also reports that the Dolphins are planning on selecting a WR early in the draft like Marqise Lee, Brandin Cooks, Kelvin Benjamin, Donte Moncrief, Odell Beckham Jr. or Martavis Bryant, most of whom the Dolphins have already met with or plan on meeting with before the draft.Why all of the sudden interest in a position ?
Unlike Jeff Ireland, Hickey seems to be able to see that we are not going to beat New England and win the AFC East unless we can score more points. To me this is the main interest in the WR position.

Last edited by a moderator:

you mean the ones that never could stop or defend anyone good? those guys? the ones who didnt have the talent to be part of a championship secondary?

the only questions left is WHY WERE THEY NOT RUN OFF SOONER? and WHY IS JIMMY WILSON still with the team?

you have to clean out the bums to make room for real players, real talent. i think we will go secondary EARLY and OFTEN. in this day of the pass at all costs nfl, you have to have big talent across the board not only in the starters but also the bench.

we brought in some wait and see types, but nothing that wont hurt us if the draft pics are far and above them and they get released. guys like delmas. if he is healthy, he is an enforcer in the middle of the field. we havnt had that type of safety in many, many years. and it is why i think if calvin pryor is still there at #19, its a done deal. if he isnt there they will go for whatever is the best cb available. the nfl networks new MOCK DRAFT WEEKLY has us taking BRADLEY ROBY at #19. i would be estatic with that choice. h-ha dixon could [and should] be in the mix if safety is still the want and pryor is gone.

again, my point is they didnt resign them because they were not worthy of the talent we need to be a championship contender. those guys are not talented enough to be part of a championship caliber secondary.

i think this could end up being one of the greatest secondary drafts of all time. its loaded with top notch corners and the safetys are BIG TIME under rated. something ireland could never figure out was drafting to the STRENGTH of the draft. this year, its wr, secondary and OL. YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO STOP THESE BIG, FAST, PHYSICAL WR'S that are all over the nfl now like seattle did with great secondary play across the board.

and your right. we have lots of questions in the secondary right now. hopefully the draft solves that.

Hey if our offensive line woes were cured along with linebacking I could go along with your thinking but they are as bad or worse than last year. The secondary was serviceable last year and ranked fairly highly in the league. You have 7 drat picks of which you hope to get maybe 3 legit good starters out of hopefully. These guys they have brought in outside of Moreno and Albert were all sitting on the bench last year because of lack of talent or injuries. You build a team with talent sure but also with depth in case the talent does not pan out and right now we have neither in these positions. So we have a sacked secondary but play a team that wants to run the ball all day becuase
we our defensive cannot stop the run the pass defense means squat then. Same thing on the offensive side if your QB cannot throw the ball because of the OL then again your pass defense means squatt.

Tanny running for his life and he is supposed to Wallace in stride - ok yah...

oh come on!! enough of the "he was always on the ground or on the run stuff.

yeah, we had some bad o-line play, but at least HALF of those sacks last year were on tanny. he holds the ball to long and doesnt have top notch pocket awareness.

he is an athletic guy and SHOULD be able to throw on the run. many, many qb's over the years have made big plays down field on the run, because it was designed or the play broke down. just because you have to run doesnt mean you cant make a play [see elway, montana, steve young, randall cunningham, aaron rogers, brett farve, mike vick, russell wilson, drew breese, fran tarkenton, etc...... .

tanny left a butt load of big plays on the field by not being accurate. he made some real bad stuff when the line held and and his feet were planted. head scratching stuff!!

it is so weird. usually, qb's who have had a wr like wallace OVER throw them. tanny UNDER THROWS wallace consistently with he having to turn completely around, stop and wait for the ball to fall from the ceiling, and of course, the secondary is waiting right there with him waiting for it to intercept or bat down.

wallace is an AWSOME WEAPON and if tanny can get his act together we are looking at randy moss type production. big points.

EVERYBODY ACTS LIKE POOR TANNY was ALWAYS on his back and couldnt get one play to work. every time he threw the ball to wallace, tanny threw it perfect but wallace dropped it or just didnt care to make a play on the ball. its become silly. as far as the passing game's troubles? 65% tanny's fault, 30% o-line and and 5% wallace.

i am not a tanny basher and i like him, but, he DOES have his weaknesses and being accurate down field is one of them.

if he cant improve on that this year, we are last in the division.

FOR GODS SAKE!! even TANNY said HE is the one who has to improve making the big plays down field a few days back. if no one can take it right from his mouth, well, what can you do. its a moot point and the wallace bashing will continue on and on and on.

Back
Top Bottom