Hickey said he is "excited" about OLB/DE Dion Jordan and is looking for big things

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tiko377, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey said he is "excited" about OLB/DE Dion Jordan and is "looking for big things from him."
    "He’s a very talented player and this is a big offseason for him," Hickey said. "Last year with his shoulder he didn’t have an opportunity to have a full offseason. That’s so important." Hickey is patching things back up after it was rumored Jordan could be on the trade block. If the Dolphins want to maximize Jordan's potential, they need to move him around more and let him use his athleticism.
    Source: Palm Beach Post Apr 15 - 10:32 AM

2. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Don't trust the words of any GM this time of the year. If the eagles come-back at the Dolphins during the draft with DE Graham and their #22 overrall pick? Then the Dolphins would have to "seriously" consider the offer. Personally, either-way they go wouldn't upset me in the least. However, make sure if you trade the kid he doesn't turn out to be the next Jason Taylor.

3. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

If Hickey trades Jordan for #22 and Graham he should be fired on the spot.

Graham sucks and he is basically worthless to the Eagles. Chip would basically be trading #22 and a player the eagles could care less about for Jordan.

4. FSU Truth

FSU Truth The North Remembers Finheaven VIP

I still don't see a trade happening mainly due to the huge financial hit the Phins would take....

5. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Your post underscores the unpredictability of the draft. I recall leading up to that draft, that there were many Finheaven posters clamoring for us to draft Graham.

6. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm excited for Jordan too. He's going to beast, his work ethic has been undeniable this off-season you hear about it constantly. He's going to post doubledigit sacks probably around 15. You can hold me to that

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

You want a playmaker you don't trade away Jordan. Period

7. gdiaz0358

gdiaz0358 Rookie

I wouldnt want Jordan traded unless its for 2 1st rd picks. This year and next, or a 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year. This kid has too much potential, and Graham is a back up at this point. We would need a lot more than a 1st and a player who may end up getting cut after the draft.

8. datruth55

datruth55 Starter Finheaven VIP

Ah the world of a sports writer. Manufacturing rumors, creating speculation...it's all part of the job. Jason La Confora throws crap against the wall and people believe him...because according to him half the roster was on the trading block and then Philly makes a stupid offer for Jordan (I bet they wish Spielman was still in charge since they suckered him into a 2nd for A.J. Feeley) and Jordan was somehow on the trading block lol. Now if Jordan was really on the trading block wouldn't Miami have countered Philly's offer? Isn't that how negotiations work? If Jordan was on the block he's be somewhere else by now.

I never liked the Jordan pick but clearly the coaching staff wanted the guy. Lets see what they have planned for him this year. I hope whatever it is works.

9. z926538

z926538 Rookie

Hickey is going to say that he is excited to have the kid on the roster this season until the kid either succeeds, is traded or is cut. Standard GM speak 101 about every young player. The surprise would have been if he had said anything else.

10. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

In regards to the Jordan trade rumors, people need to remember one important thing. The Eagles came to the Dolphins with an offer, the Dolphins weren't shopping him around.

11. futurescout

futurescout Well-Known Member

People vastly under estimate the significance of a torn labrum at a position where you could re dislocate your shoulder on any play.. Also the weird quarter system Oregon uses set him back in the off-season as well. I don't think he is ready to be an "every down" player at this point.. While he is better vs backside blocks than Vernon, Vernon is far superior taking on frontside blocks and setting the edge due to his superior strength at the point of attack in comparison to Jordan. Would also like to see him continue to develop an inside counter move, as well as convert speed to power (easier to do when you can rush the edge like he can).. but that length and athleticism is EXTREMELY RARE.

12. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Two firsts and Graham and we'll think about it. Graham if NOTHING special right now

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

13. TPD1479

TPD1479 Seasoned Veteran

I'm with you. If Philly makes that offer it's a done deal. Jordan is an Ireland pick. I think it would have to happen pre draft, which gives Hickey time to package picks to move up and get the guy Ross wants Lewan

14. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I don't believe we'll trade him unless we get at least 2 first round picks.....the cap hit is hugh.....BTW, the poster that said he'll get 15 sacks next season......lmao

Ozzy rules!!

15. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

That's more sacks then 4 years at Oregon being a so called beast lol

16. 100% Dolphins

100% Dolphins Starter

Jordan is a future pro bowler folks...I just hope he's on the Dolphins when he gets voted in.

17. Djavelin

Djavelin Head Dolphin In This Pod Donator

I dont see jordan going anywhere. to draft him then trade him would be dumb. He has very rare skill set that if he is what we think he is we will have a great player. Get this kid some PT.

18. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I Would bet my signature. Its gonna happen

19. enigmatics

enigmatics Go get me a juice box!

Why stop there? Why not make him a future Hall of Famer already?

I'd settle for an actual contributor at this point and does't need a year and a half to get back to full health. The article is just more GM-speak. Nothing more, nothing less.