Hickey said he is "excited" about OLB/DE Dion Jordan and is looking for big things | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hickey said he is "excited" about OLB/DE Dion Jordan and is looking for big things

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey said he is "excited" about OLB/DE Dion Jordan and is "looking for big things from him."
"He’s a very talented player and this is a big offseason for him," Hickey said. "Last year with his shoulder he didn’t have an opportunity to have a full offseason. That’s so important." Hickey is patching things back up after it was rumored Jordan could be on the trade block. If the Dolphins want to maximize Jordan's potential, they need to move him around more and let him use his athleticism.
Source: Palm Beach Post Apr 15 - 10:32 AM

Don't trust the words of any GM this time of the year. If the eagles come-back at the Dolphins during the draft with DE Graham and their #22 overrall pick? Then the Dolphins would have to "seriously" consider the offer. Personally, either-way they go wouldn't upset me in the least. However, make sure if you trade the kid he doesn't turn out to be the next Jason Taylor.

Don't trust the words of any GM this time of the year. If the eagles come-back at the Dolphins during the draft with DE Graham and their #22 overrall pick? Then the Dolphins would have to "seriously" consider the offer. Personally, either-way they go wouldn't upset me in the least. However, make sure if you trade the kid he doesn't turn out to be the next Jason Taylor.

If Hickey trades Jordan for #22 and Graham he should be fired on the spot.

Graham sucks and he is basically worthless to the Eagles. Chip would basically be trading #22 and a player the eagles could care less about for Jordan.

I still don't see a trade happening mainly due to the huge financial hit the Phins would take....

If Hickey trades Jordan for #22 and Graham he should be fired on the spot.

Graham sucks and he is basically worthless to the Eagles. Chip would basically be trading #22 and a player the eagles could care less about for Jordan.

Your post underscores the unpredictability of the draft. I recall leading up to that draft, that there were many Finheaven posters clamoring for us to draft Graham.

I'm excited for Jordan too. He's going to beast, his work ethic has been undeniable this off-season you hear about it constantly. He's going to post doubledigit sacks probably around 15. You can hold me to that

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

You want a playmaker you don't trade away Jordan. Period

I wouldnt want Jordan traded unless its for 2 1st rd picks. This year and next, or a 1st, 2nd and 3rd next year. This kid has too much potential, and Graham is a back up at this point. We would need a lot more than a 1st and a player who may end up getting cut after the draft.

Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey said he is "excited" about OLB/DE Dion Jordan and is "looking for big things from him."
"He’s a very talented player and this is a big offseason for him," Hickey said. "Last year with his shoulder he didn’t have an opportunity to have a full offseason. That’s so important." Hickey is patching things back up after it was rumored Jordan could be on the trade block. If the Dolphins want to maximize Jordan's potential, they need to move him around more and let him use his athleticism.
Source: Palm Beach Post Apr 15 - 10:32 AM

Ah the world of a sports writer. Manufacturing rumors, creating speculation...it's all part of the job. Jason La Confora throws crap against the wall and people believe him...because according to him half the roster was on the trading block and then Philly makes a stupid offer for Jordan (I bet they wish Spielman was still in charge since they suckered him into a 2nd for A.J. Feeley) and Jordan was somehow on the trading block lol. Now if Jordan was really on the trading block wouldn't Miami have countered Philly's offer? Isn't that how negotiations work? If Jordan was on the block he's be somewhere else by now.

I never liked the Jordan pick but clearly the coaching staff wanted the guy. Lets see what they have planned for him this year. I hope whatever it is works.

Hickey is going to say that he is excited to have the kid on the roster this season until the kid either succeeds, is traded or is cut. Standard GM speak 101 about every young player. The surprise would have been if he had said anything else.

In regards to the Jordan trade rumors, people need to remember one important thing. The Eagles came to the Dolphins with an offer, the Dolphins weren't shopping him around.

People vastly under estimate the significance of a torn labrum at a position where you could re dislocate your shoulder on any play.. Also the weird quarter system Oregon uses set him back in the off-season as well. I don't think he is ready to be an "every down" player at this point.. While he is better vs backside blocks than Vernon, Vernon is far superior taking on frontside blocks and setting the edge due to his superior strength at the point of attack in comparison to Jordan. Would also like to see him continue to develop an inside counter move, as well as convert speed to power (easier to do when you can rush the edge like he can).. but that length and athleticism is EXTREMELY RARE.

Two firsts and Graham and we'll think about it. Graham if NOTHING special right now

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I'm with you. If Philly makes that offer it's a done deal. Jordan is an Ireland pick. I think it would have to happen pre draft, which gives Hickey time to package picks to move up and get the guy Ross wants Lewan

I don't believe we'll trade him unless we get at least 2 first round picks.....the cap hit is hugh.....BTW, the poster that said he'll get 15 sacks next season......lmao

Ozzy rules!!

I don't believe we'll trade him unless we get at least 2 first round picks.....the cap hit is hugh.....BTW, the poster that said he'll get 15 sacks next season......lmao

Ozzy rules!!

That's more sacks then 4 years at Oregon being a so called beast lol

Back
Top Bottom