Hidden gem Nate Garner | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hidden gem Nate Garner

angry dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
The guy has stepped up in his time with the Fins and is being overlooked. He may not be elite but he is a jack of all trades and can play every position along the line. IMO he is a must sign this offseason.

There is a report that he may seek 3 million a year. That is alot of change to give any lineman that is not a starter. He certainly provides versatility along the line, but a good GM should be able to come up with a guy in the draft who can do similar things in a depth role for 1/10 of the price Garner is seeking.

Idk about being a bum. He played pretty well when Long went down. BUT.. 3 mill is too much.

i wouldnt call him a hidden gem ,when healthy [which hasnt been that much] his a very useful guy to have
i saw some where he could get up to $3m a year if a team thinks his a starter?
i thought we over payed him this year but that was prob just cause of his injury history ?
also think we played him in the wrong spot i would have put him at rg and moved jerry to rt when martin switched to lt !
his a better run blocker than pass imo

i was hoping jerry would be the the garner guy this up coming season [6th lineman],
[at a push he can play both tackles and guards but for that to happen we need 2 more starters min ]

for around a $1m a year i prob re sign him ,thats it tho

Are you kidding. At one time I thought this guy would eventually take Carey's place at RT, but when he came in the last couple of seasons he has looked like ****. This is one guy I will admit I was wrong about...he sucks.

This guy really struggled at tackle and isn't nimble enough to play guard in this scheme. Let him go.

Who knows, the guy is always hurt...

It's nice he can play multiple positions, it's not nice how he sucks at all of them however

That's a hard sell considering the guys tendency to land on IR for the freakish things.

It's nice he can play multiple positions, it's not nice how he sucks at all of them however

If he was a world beater at all the positions he would be making big dollars . . . from all the guys that we have had as depth over the years he is probably the best one and the fact that he can play all 5 positions on the line certainly adds to that value.

I just have a hard time shelling out anything over 1.5 a season for a guy, who with the exception of special plays that may require a 6th lineman, won't see the field w/o an injury. Then again his own injury history suggests he may not even be reliable in that role. Ideally you like to find a guy on day 3 who can offer some versatility in a ZBS and will make 350,000 a year for the next 4 years.

I don't like him at all. His holding calls and false starts killed several drives last year. He's too unathletic for our scheme and is oft-injured. I like Josh Samudas' potential way more than Garners' versatility at sucking at all positions!!!

Back
Top Bottom