Holmes may land in Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Holmes may land in Miami

PHINFREAK3675

*TEDDY GINN 24/7*
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

Holmes could be in Dolphins' plans
April 25
Palm Beach Post: " Holmes is one of a several prospects in Saturday's NFL Draft projected to land somewhere in the range of the Dolphins' first-round pick — No. 16."

Same here, reminds me a lot of Steve Smith. If we don't take him I'd like to go LB maybe Ernie Sims.

That's not exactly news, and the same could be said for a dozen other players.

Personally I'd like us to go in a different direction with the first pick. Grab a WR in round 3 or 4 or pick up Hakim after the draft.

SAFETY or CORNERBACK at #16!!! People, remember...our offense was not the problem last year. & now with Daunte, it'll be even less of a problem. THink hard...Last year, our WEAKEST part of our team was the secondary. Now, Yes we've addressed that issue somewhat, but we need a playmaker in our secondary. They got burned too many times. I say we grab a WR OR LB in the 3rd. & vice versa in the 4th.

I think we should draft a WR in the first round or sign a quality free agent. You've got to have quality depth and what if Chambers goes down?? Do we have anyone else that can come close to replacing him right now?? I think the WR position definitely needs more depth.

LOCAL SCUM! said:
SAFETY or CORNERBACK at #16!!! People, remember...our offense was not the problem last year. & now with Daunte, it'll be even less of a problem. THink hard...Last year, our WEAKEST part of our team was the secondary. Now, Yes we've addressed that issue somewhat, but we need a playmaker in our secondary. They got burned too many times. I say we grab a WR OR LB in the 3rd. & vice versa in the 4th.

Actually our offense was the problem last year. We had the league's worst completion rate in the passing game and it was the primary reason we were 30th in time of possession. On a per play basis our defense was ranked 9th and 7th against the pass and run respectively.

...but with a new QB, that's been largely fixed. I do agree with you though that the secondary should be a focus. Although Saban has shown he can do a lot with a little bit of talent in the secondary, that just makes me excited about what he could do with a lot of talent. I'm pretty high on Antonio Cromartie, he's an inexperienced talent with incredible upside. Exactly the type of raw material that Saban can turn into the best corner in the league, making all those comparisons to Deion Sanders come true.

That is going to depend on best player available status...

LOCAL SCUM! said:
And whether Saban thinks he has addressed the secondary enough in free agency. Only he knows that. I personally would like NT and LB to be addressed and if the pick were on offense I would want Holmes.

Lee2000

LOCAL SCUM! said:

Excellent point....That's why Jimmy Williams is a no brainer.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Excellent point....That's why Jimmy Williams is a no brainer.

Jimmy Williams is far from a no brainer. He underachieved in his senior season and showed major attitude problems during combine interviews. He's my least favorite candidate for our #16 pick.

You do NOT use your 1st round pick based soley on NEED.

Saban will take the best player not the best player at a position of need.

I am hoping for Greenway since he fits both categories.

I would be OK with Holmes because I can see him being a real weapon in the slot.

But I do not want a S at #16.There is no player rated that high at that position.

We can get a S later, or sign a Vet like Schulters in June.

i dont know about u guys but im a 'canes fan and i really liked what Sinorice did over there even with the bad qb they had. in case saban wants to improve the secondary instead, he should go with donte whitner from ohio state or jason allen from tennessee who can cover deep. in case that happens, we just pick up AZ from free agency. i dont know just my 2 cents

Saban will take the best player not the best player at a position of need.

I am hoping for Greenway since he fits both categories.

I would be OK with Holmes because I can see him being a real weapon in the slot.

But I do not want a S at #16.There is no player rated that high at that position.

That's true, but the fact is no one knows what Saban's draft board is. He goes by his own judgement, not Mel Kiper's or any other draft guru. For all you know he may think Witner is a top 5 talent. Or Lawson, Cromartie, Holmes, Jackson, etc. Last year's ROTY went at the 12th pick, so its not like anyone knows for sure until they take the field.

The guys I like are Holmes, Sims, Whitner or Jimmy Williams. You can make a case for all of them. My favorites right now are Holmes and Sims. I don't know if Sims is going to be there or not--but it would be a coin flip between him and Holmes for me. I think Holmes comes across as extremely professional and a guy that is willing to learn. He would be a great team type of player to me. We shall see.

Back
Top Bottom