Honest question looking for an honest answer

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by PhinFan0202, Dec 9, 2012.

1. PhinFan0202

PhinFan0202 Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!

If we kept last years team together what would our record be right now?

2. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

3. finjim

finjim Banned Hammered

Not with Moore starting. He was terrible vs good teams last year.

4. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

With Marshall on this team I think we'd be playoff bound ....

5. Strangeworld

Strangeworld Banned Hammered

Yet he is better than Ryan HENNE-hill

6. PhinFan0202

PhinFan0202 Alriiigghht miaaammi!!!

That's what im saying.

7. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Because we have been stellar against good teams this year?

:lol:

8. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

Against worse teams as a veteran and having brandon marshall.

9. silverfin

[​IMG]

O RLY?

10. finjim

finjim Banned Hammered

LOL, kids. Please go back a rewatch the preseason games. But I doubt you have them recorded anyhow.

Moore was TERRIBLE. He has no concept of the WC offense. He is a caretaker, nothing more.

Please try harder! Thanks!! :up:

11. flynryan15

flynryan15 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Technicallly Moore is still on the team and contributed by beating the Jets. I think the OP meant guys that are gone like Marshall, Davis, etc.

12. tylerdolphin

tylerdolphin More Smug than Birthday Dog Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Tannehill needs to be the starter and Im not suggesting otherwise, but I think its pretty clear the best QB on our roster as of today is Matt Moore.

13. phinking

phinking A True Fan

I am certain that if Mat Moore started all the games this season, They would have beaten New England and Buffalo. Those wins would have them holding the 6th spot in the AFC. The Miami Dolphins sacrificed the season trying to develope Tannehill. IMO, they will regret that decision because next season they will discover that what they have is a very average QB.

14. DolfanAdam

DolfanAdam Scout Team

I don't know, we started last season 0-7 with that roster. So take that for whatever it is worth. We had Marshall for two years, yes he put up big numbers, but we also threw to him what felt like practically every freakin' down. Henne's play was beyond inconsistent (as usual) until getting injured, at which point we began to make a turnaround with Moore (but in fairness also played some weak teams, he also kept us in against some good ones though). It really is hard to say...

Do I feel like we could have won some of the close ones this year with Moore as starter and with Marshall still on the roster? Absolutely.

Do I think that having kept the entire 2011 roster in place, and playing the same schedule we have this year with Philbin at the helm, we would have any drastically different results than what we're currently seeing? Not really.

15. AlphaPHIN

AlphaPHIN Well-Known Member

The same. All the teams the last 4 years are the same. They fool you by beating a few bad teams and playing some close games against good teams.

But in the end, they cant score points or get stops when they need to. They all have those 2 things in common and it cannot be argued. Nothing has changed. 6-10/7-9 rinse and repeat

16. JCane

JCane Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Some of you guys have placed way too much win value in a dope like Brandon Marshall.

How much better are the Chicago Bears this season with Marshall? They won 8 total last season. They have 8 total right now with three games left. Two of which are against division rivals and two of which are on the road.

How much of a difference maker is Brandon Marshall? He's a great talent but when things aren't going his way he's a booger eater.

Eff that guy.

17. realdolphin

realdolphin Starter

remember we lost 2 games in overtime this season and we have been competitive in most of them we could be with a winning record right now easily. it`s football, bad officiating here and there and a rookie QB and rookie coach. im positive about next year :)

18. realdolphin

realdolphin Starter

I agree 100% and let me add that i watched today`s bears game and he is the same lazy/diva we know to well , If the ball is not very reachable he does`nt make the minimum effort to catch it. IN ONE PLAY HE FELL DOWN ALL BY HIMSELF result Interception.... on another play he did`nt extend his arms and the result was ???? ...yes ....interception.... 2 third rounds for marshall was a good deal.

19. silverfin

He's also caught one less touchdown than our entire offense this season. I don't think it necessarily has to have been Marshall but a legit No.1 receiver like everybody is crying out for. With a legit No.1 guy I think we'd be sitting on 7 or 8 wins now rather than 5 given the ease of our schedule and the number of close losses we have.

Of course, you can't know for sure how much better off we could have been this year with that legit No.1 guy. Afterall, WR isn't the only hole on the team and having a guy like Marshall wouldn't solve all of the shortcomings we've experienced this year. Wouldn't have hurt though.

20. PASQUALE

PASQUALE Seasoned Veteran

I think we would be 8-5 because he would of hit the big plays when needed plus his veteran leadership would be better. So far, this year I have not seen that in Tannehill. I hope and pray he finds his leadership and commanding the team down the field because if he can't lead now it won't matter how many playmakers we put around him period. He needs to take the bull by the horns and start leading this team and our future team down the field knowing he is going to score everytime he's on the field as the general even without the talent around him he needs to make them better by being the best player on the field. 13 games in and he is not a ROOKIE anymore folks. He needs to shows us fans he has the IT factor. Right now, I don't see it.

21. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

And just like that...Cutler, Marshall and the Bears offense is struggling to put up points against good teams. All the yards in the world aren't going to matter if you can't put it in the end zone. Obviously Marshall is making a HUGE difference for that 30th ranked offense (even worse than ours!)

22. dabeastdabone

dabeastdabone Seasoned Veteran

No use crying about it now. I think once we get a clear number one WR everything will be fine. Tannehill is the clear #1 QB. I think what people fail to remember is Bush was a huge factor in the teams turnaround last year. This year, like the start of last year early on, he is way underutilized considering we have an average tight end and a poor WR corp.