Honest Question: Would we have won with Ajayi? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest Question: Would we have won with Ajayi?

testtubetimmy

Supreme Lord Emperor
Reaction score
Dolphins were 13-0 when Ajayi had 18+ carries a game. We won so many games in the 4th quarter because of his running style, charging over people when they were exhausted. Do you think we would have pulled out a win if he was benched for the first half instead of traded?

Hard to say, but I say no. Our problems go further than Ajayi...much further. Remember, we weren't having much success with Ajayi in the line up, I don't think with him being there last night would have made that much of a difference.

I'm not sure how a lazy RB, that doesn't know the offense, constantly misses blocks getting the QB blown up wins the game. Any RB scores on Jay's TD against the Broncos.

Who knows but he took a 46 yarder to the house yesterday. Finished with 77 yards and a TD. I'm still pissed about getting rid of him.

Ajayi wouldn't have fumbled, but we also wouldn't have had over 100 yards receiving from him.

I don't think it mattered. We lost because we couldn't cover 87 and committed too many idiot penalties.

My Lord people....give it up already. "It's like the Sopranos, it's over."

Also, this.

Who knows but he took a 46 yarder to the house yesterday. Finished with 77 yards and a TD. I'm still pissed about getting rid of him.

I could have taken that particular carry to the house. He was completely untouched with a hole you could drive a semi through. I thought Drake and Williams looked pretty solid and added a dimension to the passing game that was completely absent with Ajayi.

I think if we had utilized him in rotation, we’d get more out of him. Not to mention the play action setups, Philly made that work well.
Of course though you’d have to deal with his diva attitude still

Since no one can say so definitively either way, the most appropriate method for answering this question is to compare what Drake and Williams did to Ajayi's average game this year.

That won't tell you definitively either way, either, but it'll give you a rough likelihood.

My guess is no.

Back
Top Bottom