Honest Question: Would we have won with Ajayi? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest Question: Would we have won with Ajayi?

We can play this game every week with player x, y, and z. So can the 31 other NFL teams. Fact is we didn't win. Probability is we likely won't win many more this season. It is what it is.

I am still mad about the Ajayi trade, but I did like the pace the offense played with having a pass catching threat in the backfield on every down. That was as smooth as our offense has looked.....before blowing great field position opportunities 2 possessions in a row late. Should have won. Didn't. Such is life.

I would have to say yes. Ajayi probably wouldn't have fumbled and take away those Drake and Williams no gain drive killers and we probably score 14 more points and win. Cutler was very sharp last night and Gase called some great short passes where guys were wide open

Dolphins were 13-0 when Ajayi had 18+ carries a game. We won so many games in the 4th quarter because of his running style, charging over people when they were exhausted. Do you think we would have pulled out a win if he was benched for the first half instead of traded?

No, because it seemed the team for the 1st time this season came out to play early, this happened because a message was sent, and the players heard it.

If Ajayi had been in Miami, there still would not have been anywhere for him to run.

Because we needed yet another ajayi thread....

Too many of you think we had barry sanders. We didn't

I would have to say yes. Ajayi probably wouldn't have fumbled and take away those Drake and Williams no gain drive killers and we probably score 14 more points and win. Cutler was very sharp last night and Gase called some great short passes where guys were wide open

You think this team scores 38 points? Lol.

Who knows. We had a chance to win this game with Cutler, Drake and Williams if the OL wasn't so ****ing pathetic though.

I think we did better last night, in particular, with Drake & Williams instead of Ajayi. First off, the holes (again) weren't there. Drake actually gets through the crease faster than Jay (not saying he's better), so that helped a bit. Then, the 2 RB's we played both caught every pass and made positive yards. Even on 1st down when it was a gain of 3, 2nd and 7 beats 2nd and 12 after Ajayi got hit behind the line. Most of this is on our blocking game, not Ajayi. Also, I think throwing a ton of dumps during the game boosted Cutlers confidence and helped him have a great game overall - something that isn't going to happen with Ajayi as the feature back. I can actually see how utilizing our 2 Rb's this way will actually help form an offensive identity. Take back some bone-head holding penalties and it even looked a hell of a lot better than what we got - which was FAR better than we've seen all year long IMO.

No the RBs did fine. Besides every other play was called back with a penalty on our line

We would have won with John Beck or John Stofa. Anybody thought of Stofa lately?

To Drake's credit, he seemed to try to fight for some extra yardage

Considering this offense with Ajayi was averaging 13.1 ppg and had been shutout twice...no. Without Ajayi we're averaging 24 ppg and had almost 400 yards of offense. 23 1st downs, 3rd down conversions were better, TOP was better, yards per carry were better, yards per play was better...we were better in pretty much every offensive category without Ajayi. So no, we would not have won the game with Ajayi.

No. I can't make that adjustment. But I don't think we were in a great mental state as a result of this trade. The energy level didn't match what I would have expected, given the urgency of getting that win. When so many players are quoted as being stunned by the trade you can't expect them to be at peak on the field, just a few days later.

Back
Top Bottom