Honey Badger don't give a....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Mudder1310, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

2. ReppinThe941

ReppinThe941 Well-Known Member

Those youtube videos are terrible....

3. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

This guy is a ****ing idiot...I can believe people want this headcase here. Doesn't matter though, Philbin wont allow it and I doubt hes even on Miami's board.

4. The Omen

The Omen Well-Known Member

we have all made mistakes in the past and especially when we are young. I like to think everybody can redeem themselves and get their life together. He doesn't seem like a trouble making thug who beats women or shoots people, he just had a problem with weed. That's not terribly bad.

With all that said, I wouldn't want the fins to take him no earlier then our latest 3rd rounder. Can't deny the kid has talent.

5. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

There is difference between doing something stupid as a kid (like smoking pot) vs jeopardize the god given talent you have to be a professional athlete. There is a difference between making a mistake ONCE or TWICE, hell even 3 times. He admits that hes failed a drug test over 10 times and stopped counting. Clearly this guys has his priorities all screwed up. He will be a washout. I wouldn't be surprised to hear reports that he failed a drug test at the combine. This guy is a clown and I do not want this guy on the phins ESPECIALLY in round 3. Let some dumb *** team like Cincy or Raiders take him.

6. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

That's a lot of mistakes to make, lol.

The thing I don't like about the "mistakes" is the attitude they belie. He just didn't think it mattered.

What else would he think doesn't really matter, only to find out cruelly and devastatingly that it really does?

7. The Omen

The Omen Well-Known Member

not excussing what he's done... A lot of kids, especially star Athletes think they can do whatever they want and get away with it, apparently LSU let him more then 10 times before taking action, how bout LSU nips it in the bud from the get go and tells him, one time we forgive, 2 times your out! Not 1,2,3,4,5.... we forgive. Point is, we mature as we get older... Mike Vick killed dogs, he redeemed himself.

Only the future will tell if the Honey Badger will do the same... We have 11 picks in this draft, taking a waiver on potential for a kid with all that talent with a late 3rd or 4th round pick is low risk high reward. JMO of course

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

a couple forced turnovers by the badger returned for tds and no one will care...

9. ckparrothead

When a defensive back has three times as many failed drug tests as interceptions...

10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

15 fumble recoveries or something like that to his name in college...wild numbers

11. Phins89

Phins89 Well-Known Member

It's weed yo..Who cares?

12. ReppinThe941

Smoking weed wont matter in the near future. Sure its illegal federally atm but please don't act like this is some big deal. Millions on Americans smoke multiple times a week. And not only is it no big deal its much less harmful to your body than drinking and said individual is less impaired high than drunk.

All this being said.....

What raises red flags is how he failed to fool the UA. It really is not that difficult to pass one of those. And the NCAA should completely put LSU under investigation. I mean 10+ failed UA's is a ton!

This reflects more poorly on his problem solving ability that it does on his "problem".

13. ReppinThe941

Call me when its cocain or H. Until then stop with this nonsense. A failed UA on weed is like getting a DUI for blowing .01

14. Fintastic2124

Fintastic2124 A True Fan

If I smoked pot once, I'd get kicked completely out of the military. No questions asked. I don't get why this guy got so many chances. What is he learning from this?

15. Mudder1310

Mudder1310 A True Fan

Look, you guys saying it's not illegal or a big deal have to recognize that it is a big deal to employers. Drinking beer is cool, it's not a big deal, but you can't head to work with a 6'er for lunch (at most places anyway). It shows a distinct lack of good decision making skills. And in an industry where personal and team image is a big deal, it's a problem. And let's be clear, Tyrann is not Pac-man in terms of talent or ability. Jones could always cover guys, TM doesn't, and Jones had to take a low salary for a mediocre team just to get a chance back in the NFL.

16. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

The NFL. The USAF. The US Army. The USMC. The US Navy. Just to name a few.

17. Phins89

Phins89 Well-Known Member

For football, it's not really giving him an advantage...I mean who is gonna go smoke and play football?! No one. No one would have the motivation. It should be legal already anyway. But I'm not about to argue over weed.

18. ckparrothead

Nobody's throwing the man in jail. This is business, not morality. Whoever drafts Tyrann Mathieu is buying an asset. And like it or not the NFL damn well cares about marijuana use. I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but they test, and they care. You use it, you get caught, you suffer consequences. Period. And if you're not reliable, you're not a valuable asset. Business.

It's not the fact that he likes weed. It's that he couldn't control himself. He either willfully refused to control himself, or he just was completely unable to. It speaks poorly of his ability to master himself enough to jump through all the hoops the NFL expects you to jump through in order to become a millionaire.

Oh yeah, that's right, you're becoming a god damn millionaire for playing a game. I just remembered why I don't feel sorry for these guys in the slightest for having to jump through unnecessary hoops to get those millions of dollars. To play a game.

Don't cry for him, Argentina.

19. little biggen

little biggen Well-Known Member

I would love to have him. This kid has a nose for the ball. Pick him in 3rd if he there he wouldn't cost much money if he screws up let him go. Lots of 3rd rounders don't make it no big deal. But if he makes smart choices he could be best ball hawking safety in league.

20. KnifeOfTheDead

KnifeOfTheDead Starter

If he can stay clean and out of trouble, I want him in middle to late rounds if possible. Dude has plenty of talent and could be a monster in this system on the other side of Grimes, or even in the nickel.

21. twohype

twohype Seasoned Veteran

22. twohype

twohype Seasoned Veteran

Clearly nobody is going to be crazy enough to pick da weed master in the 3rd

23. RZA

RZA Scout Team

He assumes he is getting drafted, he should be more humble given his background. I wouldn't touch him...

24. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Until he gets suspended for failing a drug test. The guy has no self discipline. This team is aiming for great things, they don't need to be distracted by sideshows.

25. ReppinThe941

I feel you and agree. This is a thought process that will change slowly over time. The NFL does not care if one drinks yet its some huge thing about pot. I feel as if they go way to overboard with "off the field" stuff. I mean look how far Randy Moss dropped in the draft and he was arguably the most gifted WR ever. Im all about finding the happy medium between weighing the off the field stuff with the talent level. If im an NFL GM, im thinking this.... I can get a CB who was once in consideration for the Heisman who is an absolute game changer. And I can get this player in the 3rd - 5th round, not pay him shizz, and give him a chance. It looks like a low risk high reward thing in my opinion.

But again if im a gm.... I know most players burn but whats alarming is the number of failed tests....not that it was for budd.

26. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew