Honey Badger to become "highest paid safety" wonder the impact on Jones contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honey Badger to become "highest paid safety" wonder the impact on Jones contract

Rhoadsy13

Starter
Reaction score
https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/tweets

To be honest that shocked me with his injuries but he sure is a stud when healthy. It's hard to compare him to Jones since Mathieu plays all of the positions in secondary. This could cause Jones to put his foot down until an extension is done.

Jones deserves an extension....next year. With two years left on his deal, he needs to report. He's in the top 10 of salaries for a safety, it's not like he's on a rookie contract. I really hope the organization stands firm.

This year it should not impact his salary one damn bit. At the end of the year he can talk about it. He is well paid and is one of the best paid players in the game at his position. If he doesnt like it feel free to sit the **** out

He can put his foot down all he wants but he is still under contract for 2 more years.

He can put his foot down all he wants but he is still under contract for 2 more years.

Agreed....and I think he has no real choice but to show or face a significant loss of money........but remember some guys just use this whole anger over contract issue just to avoid OTA, minicamps, etc. until the last possible minute when mandatory stuff starts. They are using the contract excuse conveniently to have more screw off time but don't come right out and admit that because it will make them look lazy, non-competitive and like they are not team players....the "contract renegotiation demand" holdout gets them off the hook as they & their agents portray it like they'd be there if only they were treated right, given what they deserve, blah, blah, blah.

Harrison Smith got "piz-zaid"....Jones is going to want something similar to that Vikings contract.

Zero impact. 2 years is a longgggg time to put your foot down

Back
Top Bottom