hoops scoops...mike shermans last bullet in the chamber | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...mike shermans last bullet in the chamber

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
sticking with status quo like i said during the bye week in a hoops scoops is not gonna work...all we will get is more frustration and more inconsistent win loss results...sure enough that's exactly how it's gone down

the defense doesn't carry this team the lbs are awful and killing us...time to stop all this top level defense stuff it's horse ****...

so it's on the offense to fire every bullet they have to try and right the ship here...i'm not gonna sit here and say this is a fail proof thing cause it's not and i will get into that more in depth...well we are down to the last bullet

during the bye week i called for miami to try and jump start the run game in a scoops by implementing the use of an extra ot specifically will yeatman...well we finally got to see it on a short week vs cinci for a half at least a half we ran for 198 yards on mind you before for some reason rarely using it in a 2nd half where we didn't have many series on offense...

against tampa for some reason sherman didn't utilize an extra ot yeatman but for 5 snaps...some of that maybe cause tampa had seen us on tape with it and was more prepared if we went with it but the end result of this running game was a paltry 2 yards...you kidding me mike sherman can standing jump that far...2 yards???

well we just lost will yeatman for the season so there goes our 2nd to last bullet...

for some reason sherman dials up wide stretch and off tackle run calls with tackles in mckinnie and clabo who can't get out there and not surprisingly we get stoned on em...laterally both these tackles just cannot do it anymore...these are play in a small box tackles now...i get that teams realize this and are playing us more inside with the lbs and the stunting etc and saying if you want to run you must run wide but they also know that we don't have the tackles and athletic lineman up front to execute the plan effectively...and sherman while absolutely handcuffed is doing a poor job of adjusting...even still we can try and run inside all day long it's not gonna add up to much when your oline is as poor a unit as ours is anyways...

so what's the last gasp??? jon gruden said it on mnf...i can tell watching this team scheme and formations that the end goal is full on no huddle offense...beat teams with tempo and quick decisions by the qb at the los and not allow them to substitute personal...

well i am calling for it...i'm not sure this qb is ready for it a part of me thinks that we don't see it much yet where they speed up tempo cause the qbs just not there yet...but i also know that if we don't tire out these defensive fronts and get these guys gassed and not let them line up in what they want and get their tongues hanging out we are cooked anyways...can't run the ball can't protect the qb...by going no huddle we have a shot to control the ball more and run more plays on offense and most importantly we got a shot to do what so many on this board are calling for...score 30 points on offense...

yeah there's potential for more 3 and outs and more taxing of this defense...but this teams not gonna stay in front of the sticks and run the football to keep teams honest minus speeding things up and this defense loves to give back any lead the o gives em late anyways...mckinnie and clabo are not ideal for a fast paced offense well suck it up buttercups better hit that bike and treadmill hard and get your ass in condition for it...and john jerry you gonna be puking...

ryan tannehills presnap reads and decisions at the los are very good...he makes quick solid decisions and takes care of the football as a passer...i don't think you are gonna see him spraying the ball into coverage if we speed up the tempo and i think it will be good experience for him the rest of the way this season and possibly give a bump to our scoring average...i know it will give our o more snaps...

no better week to roll this out the rest of the way than at home vs san diego and that suspect pass d and suspect d period...i can promise you that carolina will eat our bones next sunday if we line up and run the same boring no tempo cant run on early downs as a result can't utliize play action and bootlegs get us in 5 man protects and exploit us offense...the recipe right now is too easy...even for teams like a winless tampa...

no more lining up and snapping the ball on 1 or 2 when the defense is lined up and ready for it and even jumping the count...more hurry to the los and lineup and quick snap em and varying snap count tempo and tempo to the ball and letting us dictate vs the defense dictating to us...

not every qb can run this style of offense i'm a firm believer that ryan tannehill is one of those guys that can not only run it but do damage in it...worst case we get him some much needed experience in the long term goal anyways...

it's not fail proof it's not anything but a shot in the dark right now but it's the last chance this team has to offset personnel weaknesses and red flags...if i didn't think the qb could succeed in it right now i wouldn't be calling for it...

mike sherman take off the training wheels...

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember last year, this exact offense you describe is what was advertised to us as fans?? Where did it go? Or actually why didn't it ever start?

Last edited by a moderator:
Um. No one take this the wrong way, but shouldn't one always save their last bullet for themselves?

The no huddle should not be a last gasp effort, it should have been our bread and butter all along. The coaching staff even hinted this was what they wanted us to become early last season but for whatever reason they've given up on it or our guys just aren't good enough to handle it, in their opinion. I'll be shocked if they throw caution to the wind and go full bore no huddle all of a sudden.

i'll just say this...you don't come out in pro football from the get go in full no huddle with a rookie qb...that's a disaster waiting to happen...miami had to see tannehills progression as a qb and how his decision making and recognition of what defenses are giving him from a blitz package to a coverage played aspect...well he's got a year and a halfs experience and i have seen enough to say that he can handle it...if the oline wasn't so poor we wouldn't need to go to this already...

ideally you roll this out in training camp and work out some kinks etc and maybe that is the plan from the get go next year...it also requires personnel that fit and we didn't have many of those guys last year in the skill positions we have more of them this year but it's still not a finished unit by any means...

also in a full on no huddle it doesn't mean that you can't do what the patriots do and sometimes slow it up also but by and large we attack teams with tempo and pace and end goal in game is to gas the defenders and confuse em and hang td burgers on em before they know it

I agree! They're asking Tanny to carry the team anyway, may as well make it a little easier for him.

I agree as well. Anyone who is watching what were successful at you will find that just about every time we run the 2-minute offense, we score.

I dont think you need to run it all the time, but surprise them, then huddle back up, and then run your 2 minute when neccessary. Brady's gameplans have been largely about this very thing but his rookies were not helping him make it happen.

also in a full on no huddle it doesn't mean that you can't do what the patriots do and sometimes slow it up also but by and large we attack teams with tempo and pace and end goal in game is to gas the defenders and confuse em and hang td burgers on em before they know it

Its mind-boggling to me that more coaches don't mix up tempo exactly like The Patriots do, they've only been doing it for a decade and any fool can see how effective it can be, I mean this is supposed to be known as the copy cat league right?

If Philbin wants any chance of saving his job he better go to Sherman and demand that he change things up.

Its mind-boggling to me that more coaches don't mix up tempo exactly like The Patriots do, they've only been doing it for a decade and any fool can see how effective it can be, I mean this is supposed to be known as the copy cat league right?

you don't see it much cause many teams dont trust the qb or the qb cant handle it...the only reason brady and the pats cant run it more right now is the rookie wrs arent ready for it...

I've been wondering why they haven't done this for a while now. Joe Philbin said he wanted an up tempo, fast offense when he was first hired and... we got this?

Back
Top Bottom