Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hoops Scoops...prospects Miami should target in the 2013 draft first 4 rounds...

Yeah, they are all valid reasons to think otherwise. Lets not forget though, this kid was considered a real possibility for the #2 pick not so long ago. Either way, I used him as an example of somebody who I think might generate some interest for a team to move up. Star is another who I think could fall. The draft will be very interesting for sure :up:

well yeah we are opposites...cause i think now that stars heart is cleared he's going up boards...i'll be floored if he gets out of the top 10...

I'm with you on physical corners who can do it all. I just heard about DJ Hayden the other day but I like what I hear a lot. Does anyone have any insight into his injury? I know he's recovered, but how risky is it for him to reinjure that? I mean thats an extremely serious condition to have been through once when most people don't survive

After reading that, there are so many options that Miami could take. In an ideal world, i would love to have both Mingo & Austin, but i think the trade up cost would be far too much. I dont like the idea generally of trading next years picks away, but I think those two players could turn Miami's fortunes on its ear, and it would probably be worth it. If we gave up our 2nd & 1st of our 3rds, I dont know if that would be enough to trade back into the low 20's to pick again.

Great effort.

My only disagreement is I do not see Mingo as a fit. At 230 plus pounds, he is not going to make the adjustment as quick as you say he will.

Thanks for the time and effort.

Great write up hoops.

As you know im really with you on Swope, he has everthing he needs to be a high end slot reciever, plus he has the trust of Tannehill.... the concussions are worrying but for me hes a good second round player.... I will be upset if he is not a Dolphin this time next month.

Im also with u on Mathieu, really nice nickle CB, I think he could learn a lot from Grimes. What do you think about about his personality, is he a bad kid or was it just a drug issue he may well be over now?

I think you have Slay a round too slow, id be happy with him in round two.

Great shout on Woods, I see him as a slightly lesser Greg Jennings in a few years.

I quite like the idea of brining in Barrett Jones as a long term replacement for incognito, smart player and a leader. Would you be ok with him as a starting guard?

I would be interested to know, in terms of the passing game how big is the difference between Eifert and Ertz?

Add the beast ELAM in the second round or top of the first even.

elam doesn't meet my height requirements...i'm pretty bullish about safeties and corners at least 5 ft 10...safeties have to be able to cover these massive tight ends...plus i think elam while a heavy striker and enforcer is not all that great a cover safety...finally i don't think he makes it to pick #42 and that's where if i was gonna disregard the height i would probably see his value...

Great effort.

My only disagreement is I do not see Mingo as a fit. At 230 plus pounds, he is not going to make the adjustment as quick as you say he will.

Thanks for the time and effort.

not really sure what you are talking about...mingo is 241 lbs played a hand in the dirt de at lsu all through his college career...if there's an adjustment it's making the switch to 34 olb...that's where the projection lies...he's never done that...

to me if you're gonna draft someone with a top 20 pick you should be playing to his strengths and what you graded him so high in the first place with...not asking him to be something else...i think that's where you can get yourself in trouble...so much projection with a position switch...

guys that are no brainer stand up olbs in a 34 are dion jordan...who has played so much standing up and dropping etc there is no projection there...it's plug and play...

Great write up Hoops. Not high on Mingo at 12, I am all about adding Austin. If Austin is not the pick, Johnson, Eifert or Hayden would be a good consolation prize. Armstead is a guy that I hope that draft. Everything I am reading on him makes sound like him a perfect fit. Lattimore is another guy I really hope they land. Terrific work ethic, smart, great ball skills and very humble. I do think they need to draft another back and he would be my choice.

It seems that in this draft the picks from 6-32 are pretty damn close. I can't see getting a bad pick at 12, at least on paper.

Great write up hoops.

As you know im really with you on Swope, he has everthing he needs to be a high end slot reciever, plus he has the trust of Tannehill.... the concussions are worrying but for me hes a good second round player.... I will be upset if he is not a Dolphin this time next month.

Im also with u on Mathieu, really nice nickle CB, I think he could learn a lot from Grimes. What do you think about about his personality, is he a bad kid or was it just a drug issue he may well be over now?

I think you have Slay a round too slow, id be happy with him in round two.

Great shout on Woods, I see him as a slightly lesser Greg Jennings in a few years.

I quite like the idea of brining in Barrett Jones as a long term replacement for incognito, smart player and a leader. Would you be ok with him as a starting guard?

I would be interested to know, in terms of the passing game how big is the difference between Eifert and Ertz?

i have no idea about mathieus personality...he seems remorseful...but who knows...i don't have access to his interviews etc...what i do know is the guys a playmaker and the ball finds him...if the balls on the ground he's got it he forces turnovers and his ball skills and feel for the passing game and making plays when the balls in the air are elite...this kids got a lean lower half and shoulders but i think that's more about not being in the weight room much while he was suspended i think he'll get stronger and thicken out some...all i know is i wouldn't bet against him making a bunch of plays in the pros and playmakers in our secondary at corner especially are lacking...

barrett jones lack of strength really shows over his face lined up at center i think guard might be the best fit but there isn't much upside here...so over the long term are you gonna like him as a starting guard for you???? ehhh...i don't know...i like him most as a active on game day swing backup...solid depth

as for slay probably does go round 2 tape says to me no earlier than round 3...sweet feet sweet everything at the combine but i don't quite see that on tape...wouldn't surprise me if he went top 50 off his combine stuff...

as for eifert because i believe you can line him up in line off tackle and provide kick out blocks in the running game and motion him across the formation to the backside and take on guys as your #1 te and also flex him out and run him to the boundary without giving away your intentions in the huddle his value is more than ertz...you're more likely to see the defense keep base personnel on the field with eifert than ertz and there is where i think you can take advantage of his mismatch potential more on early downs and in the red zone etc...

ertz strikes me as the te you want next to a solid in line guy a 2nd te type that lines up sometimes in the backfield like an h back or off set formation type stuff and also flexed out...he's not a guy you want to depend on as a blocker...he's polshed though and been coached quite well...in some regards i have a hard time seeing a fit for him in our o with dustin keller already here...but then i think about the fact that ertz is so tall 6 ft 5 plus and i feel like i can find ways to get him on the field and take advantage of his skill set especially in a spread out offense...

Back
Top Bottom