hoops scoops...round 3 disaster... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...round 3 disaster...

It was meh to me.

I don't get worked up over mid to late round picks. It's usually all about Value at this point in time.

There was more then 1 player avaliable to us that could have helped made a difference in games.

I'll agree you cant get to overly angry about this sort of thing. Teams bust on third round picks all the time, it happens. But the value was there. Players fell into our laps and we passed on them, traded back, or refused to move up and grab someone we should have coveted. To me, thats something people can be legitimately annoyed with.

Good general managers take advantage of value picks. Bad ones panic when the unexpected occurs. I think we all saw what happened tonight.

The thing that nobody seems to be talking about but me is that he suffered a torn labrum at the Senior Bowl. That's a six month recovery putting him out for training camp & probably starts the year on the PUP to build his strength & get into some practices.

Depends on if it was more than a 50% tear or not and if they did a repair or a debridement on it. Not that I'm an NFL athlete but I just had my shoulder fixed on the 12th of this month to repair a partially torn labrum, rotator cuff and clean up bursitis and arthritis and luckily they were able to just do a debridement so that I will be good to go in 2-3 months at worst. Heck I'm 2 weeks in as of today and am already out of the sling and have 75% of my range of motion and strength back in the shoulder already.

i fully expect it...not many people here that like the truth...dallas thomas was a reach but i guess i can deal with that at right guard but will davis??? i mean you could have thrown a dart at the board with every corners name at the senior bowl week and done better...truly terrible...

throw that scouting report these guys have in the garbage

Your non-GM opinions aren't truth or facts. I'm sorry that you thought they were.

ok so you plan on stashing this kid i guess...he played in a bad conference where he rarely faced anything at wr...and when he did face solid comp and pro prospects senior bowl week he was plum awful...i'm sure he interviewed like a boss though ha ha

I don't see any reason for him to have to start or even play big minutes in his 1st year since we have Grimes, Taylor, Marshall and Patterson who would all be ahead of him on the depth chart at the very least.

not sure if this has been posted, but if it makes anyone feel any better he did run the fastest times in the 3-Cone and Shuttle drills...
http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft/combine/_/id/92

He has all the physical tools to be a great corner but just lacks experience and coaching..let's see if this staff can make the best of him

yeah it's called lack of opportunity as to why i'm not getting paid my friend...cause i can absolutely do it...and i bet you if you look at my history i'm batting as well as just about any of these guys that do get paid to do it...i've called just about every bad draft decision they've made the last few years after the draft...go ahead and add will davis for me to the list...i'm not afraid...the only saving grace is maybe this kid can show well in zone...

hoops is legit he could be a scout idk about GM but could absolutely have a front office position for an NFL team.... the NFL FO and Coaching Jobs are all a connections based industry

Not much sense in coming back up for davis. I hope he's gonna be a big star.

why is anyone acting surprised? jeff ireland is a ****** gm and now all of the sudden because he was allowed to go on a spending spree this offseason he knows what the hell he's doing?

I don't see any reason for him to have to start or even play big minutes in his 1st year since we have Grimes, Taylor, Marshall and Patterson who would all be ahead of him on the depth chart at the very least.

what??? you don't carry corners in your 53 and take them in the 3rd round you don't plan to activate on game day...i mean i know they did that with egnew last year but that's exactly what you don't want...

anyways odd pick and decision...unless they plan on losing some vets...which if will davis is taking that spot i do not agree with

For a little perspective, take a look back through about the last five third rounds of the NFL draft and see the percentage of players who have become any good in the NFL.

This, basically. Awsi has expounded on this a few times, but the success rate of picks really tends to fall off fast past the first part of the second. We should have moved up a few spots for Armstead or another of the prospects that fell a bit. When you drop back to the late 3rd, pretty much anyone you draft its going to have some pretty big question marks.

why is anyone acting surprised? jeff ireland is a ****** gm and now all of the sudden because he was allowed to go on a spending spree this offseason he knows what the hell he's doing?

Guy has one bad day. GTFO! Seriously cannot fathom people similar to who can't be happy or take the time to understand what happens in a war room. Sit down and root for your team and be happy for your 1st and 2nd round picks. So what he ****ed up. He is only human. He had 3 more rounds.

Completely agree Hoops. Ireland Crapped the bed in the third round once again. We may beat out the Cards as the worst Oline in the NFL.

Your non-GM opinions aren't truth or facts. I'm sorry that you thought they were.

Why should we assume general managers know more then people who study these things?

We've had 4 losing seasons in a row, busted on entire drafts, misjudged free agency so horrifically we couldnt field a competant receiving core, been up against the salary cap wall, and had multiple holdouts. If you were running a franchise, would you seriously turn to Jeff Ireland for his opinion? Matt Millen? Buddy Nix? Those are the guys whose opinions youd respect?

Also, this forum never knows who the heck our general manager is. If we only listened to our general managers opinion, we'd hear nothing but silence.

thank you hoops.... someone who actually knows the prospects happens to agree with me...... Surprise..... Just get ready to get flamed like i did in my thread...........

lol...

anyways odd pick and decision...unless they plan on losing some vets...which if will davis is taking that spot i do not agree with

According to Volin once he saw Webster and Ryan come off the board he felt the need to go get Davis. Personally I haven't seen enough of him to make a claim..but I know Slimm had him with a 3rd round grade. However with that said...I have seen enough of Poyer and Hawthorne to know I would have been happy with one of them.

Back
Top Bottom