hoops scoops...round 3 disaster... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...round 3 disaster...

if denard robinson is chosen to replace bess in the slot tomorrow i'm turning the tv off....not watching any more of it...ha ha

anyways this is my opinions on these picks off my own study...if you don't agree good on ya but i bet most the people flaming me haven't done any work to back it up....

hoops is legit he could be a scout idk about GM but could absolutely have a front office position for an NFL team.... the NFL FO and Coaching Jobs are all a connections based industry
ummm no

what??? you don't carry corners in your 53 and take them in the 3rd round you don't plan to activate on game day...i mean i know they did that with egnew last year but that's exactly what you don't want...

anyways odd pick and decision...unless they plan on losing some vets...which if will davis is taking that spot i do not agree with

You obviously know more about him than I do and I'll just say that I hope you are wrong about him. I would hope that Davis will be able to contribute a lot more than Egnew was as a rookie even if it's just on special teams and in dime packages. Plus I really doubt we could have picked any CB in the 3rd round who was going to play ahead of those 4 CBs on our depth chart and I have no problem waiting a year on a guy to learn how to play the position. That's the same way that I feel about Egnew as well. Give him a year to learn, mature and be in an NFL strength and conditioning program and see what happens. Hopefully Egnew turns it around this year and becomes a useful member of the team.

You could be right about these guys but please don't be offended when I say that I hope you're horribly wrong!

I respect your opinion and enjoy all your great write ups. But lets be honest, there's a reason you're posting on a forum and not getting paid to talk prospects. No one knows how these guys will pan out or what position they can and can't play.

No reason any Dolphin fans should be negative with the way yesterday and today had played out.

I really hate that logic. I'm absolutely positive there are people out there that would make better scouts than those on NFL teams. Just because he doesn't get paid to do it doesn't mean his opinion is worthless. It takes a lot of luck and networking to get involved with an NFL team so those that dont have that luck post on boards like these but they would be just as good if not better at picking players if they were given that opportunity.

yeah it's called lack of opportunity as to why i'm not getting paid my friend...cause i can absolutely do it...and i bet you if you look at my history i'm batting as well as just about any of these guys that do get paid to do it...i've called just about every bad draft decision they've made the last few years after the draft...go ahead and add will davis for me to the list...i'm not afraid...the only saving grace is maybe this kid can show well in zone...
Hey Hoops I am looking at 3 guides CBS, GBN and Lindy's. Now GBN had Davis ranked way down, Dallas within a few spots of where we took him, CBS was better on Davis 5th round grade, and Dallas about where we took him but Lindy's which I assume does their stuff early had Davis ranked as a 3 rd round prospect and Dallas as a 2nd rounder. Now what gives with a Lindy's for example in your opinion. Like reading yours, CKs and Ted Slims opinion.
By the way based on the trade charts our first trade in the first round we were plus 510 points, Bess trade we got 35 point or a 5th round pick, lost 22 points in our trade down out of the 3rd round and gained 17 points to trade back into the 3rd FYI for what it's worth

I'm not to known around here but I do believe hoops could be FO Material. Dude knows just as much as most of the analysts I know of. It's not like he is an idiot either he can pretty much describe the player completely as well along with all his attributes. I think your hater.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

what are you lol about???

Just a hater.

i think he panicked when terron armstead went right in front of us at #77

That's what I'd like to believe, that Ireland went on tilt. If we had nabbed Armstead, everything else would have felt like a free roll. Instead, it seemed like the familiar scattergun approach kicked in. I've seen enough of Dallas Thomas to know he can't play left tackle successfully.

I'm not familiar with Will Davis and my tape of the Senior Bowl was lost three weeks ago when I had to change DVRs. I had hoped the draft gurus would provide a favorable report but apparently that's not the case.

My opinion, as stated several times within the past week, is we shouldn't be picking in these rounds. Too much chance of something like this. I'd have packaged our resources to move into the top 25 or 40. Depth is a myth. It's a damn parlay. You have to spot somebody special and avoid all the land mines. How is that likely? In the top 30 or 40 picks you don't have to rely on a parlay. It's straight forward. There are more premier players available than picks have been made. Spend your goodies to move into those slots. I'd do it every year, like the Vikings yesterday, and more or less chuckle while everyone else scrambled to decipher the middle rounds.

Now, the draft gurus won't agree to something like that. They'll believe they can uncover gems at every pick. I'd assert it would not happen in real time, under pressure and with all the variables in play, things that Ireland has to deal with, like multiple opinions within his inner circle, and teams calling about trades, etc. It's hardly as pristine and uncomplicated as we'd like to believe.

Hey Hoops I am looking at 3 guides CBS, GBN and Lindy's. Now GBN had Davis ranked way down, Dallas within a few spots of where we took him, CBS was better on Davis 5th round grade, and Dallas about where we took him but Lindy's which I assume does their stuff early had Davis ranked as a 3 rd round prospect and Dallas as a 2nd rounder.
Probably part of the reason third round picks and beyond tend to fare well so infrequently: there is a lot of variation in how they're viewed before they're drafted.

Why should we assume general managers know more then people who study these things?

We've had 4 losing seasons in a row, busted on entire drafts, misjudged free agency so horrifically we couldnt field a competant receiving core, been up against the salary cap wall, and had multiple holdouts. If you were running a franchise, would you seriously turn to Jeff Ireland for his opinion? Matt Millen? Buddy Nix? Those are the guys whose opinions youd respect?

Also, this forum never knows who the heck our general manager is. If we only listened to our general managers opinion, we'd hear nothing but silence.

I'd assume a GM knows more than someone who isn't a professional b/c it's their job. Are there GMs that are better than others? Yes. But even the professionals like Kiper, Mayock, Prisco, McShay, etc...they get **** wrong as well.

Whatever happened to waiting 3 years into the future to determine how a draft went?

I really hate that logic. I'm absolutely positive there are people out there that would make better scouts than those on NFL teams. Just because he doesn't get paid to do it doesn't mean his opinion is worthless. It takes a lot of luck and networking to get involved with an NFL team so those that dont have that luck post on boards like these but they would be just as good if not better at picking players if they were given that opportunity.

I agree with you somewhat but I'd take the professionals views over anyone else. That's just me. I enjoy reading mostly everyone's views on this site and I think they add great value to the boards.

Back
Top Bottom