hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

Especially in the first round or two. I see some really good things with Hunter, but I just don't see him in the same class as Allen, Wilson, or Woods. Physical talent wise he is better, but as a player right now he is not. If we are going to draft a WR early I want a polished player who is going to come in and make an impact immediately. We can't afford to wait

bingo...i think if you take hunter you're gonna have to wait on him to develop before he really helps you...couldn't agree more with he lacks the polish of a wilson or allen or woods...very raw talent...i think i like wilson the most of the big wrs although the kid that got kicked out of tennessee may be the most talented of the bunch i have only seen him in bits and pieces but that guys got some serious your either born with it or your not abilities imo...i've seen a few things that i was left like "wow"...

i just wish wilson was playing against sec level comp so i could gauge him better...got oregon this week and i got the dvr set and thats better than colorado and such but it's still not the level i'd like to see how he fares against...that said i see pretty good polish with wilson...i think he helps someone immediately

woods i haven't seen the same player i saw as a freshman...i remember talking to slimm when that kid was a first year starter and stud and we were both like wow that kids filthy...he hasn't been the same since he hurt that ankle which he even had surgery with this last offseason...not the same explosion and burst player...if i could get the guy i saw on freshman tape i'd jump all over woods with a high round 1 pick but somethings a miss in his game...

i really like allen i'm just not sure i see a wr that i feel comfortable burning a high top 15 first round pick on in this group...might be wise to wait on receiver to round 2 and fill another need...one of them could drop to us high in round 2...

Tyler Bray's arm talent is terrific, the problem is, that's about the extent of the positives with him as far as I'm concerned. His delivery is elongated and he constantly double clutches the ball. Telegraphs his throws with his lower body by opening his hips directly to the target in order to make up some of the timing lost by his slow, elongated release.

His ball placement and accuracy is sporadic. I see significant YAC opportunities for his receivers left on the field due to inaccuracy. His poor ball placement doesn't stand out as much against SEC competition because his receivers are covered much tighter.... where it stands out the most is against lesser competition because his receivers get so wide open against this level of talent. I watched Justin Hunter literally have to drop to the ground to catch Bray's passes against Georgia St. when there wasn't a defender within 15 yards of him.... leaving significant run-after-catch yards on the field.

He also gets rattled easily. His decision making goes down the drain under pressure.

However, the most critical flaw that Bray has is in the intangible department. A lack of leadership and maturity.

The coaching staff was hoping he would become a leader and dedicate himself to film study in the offseason, but it didn't happen. He was busy throwing beer bottles off balconies and breaking car windshields rather than working on his craft...

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jul/25/tyler-bray-roommate-accused-of-throwing-beer-off/

Not surprisingly, about two weeks later he was back in front of a judge for a jet skit incident....

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/aug/08/bray-to-be-back-in-court-on-boating-charge/

Personally, I don't see much that he has to offer me on or off the field that would make me want to burn a draft pick on him.

that's a great point right there...

bingo...i think if you take hunter you're gonna have to wait on him to develop before he really helps you...couldn't agree more with he lacks the polish of a wilson or allen or woods...very raw talent...i think i like wilson the most of the big wrs although the kid that got kicked out of tennessee may be the most talented of the bunch i have only seen him in bits and pieces but that guys got some serious your either born with it or your not abilities imo...i've seen a few things that i was left like "wow"...

i just wish wilson was playing against sec level comp so i could gauge him better...got oregon this week and i got the dvr set and thats better than colorado and such but it's still not the level i'd like to see how he fares against...that said i see pretty good polish with wilson...i think he helps someone immediately

woods i haven't seen the same player i saw as a freshman...i remember talking to slimm when that kid was a first year starter and stud and we were both like wow that kids filthy...he hasn't been the same since he hurt that ankle which he even had surgery with this last offseason...not the same explosion and burst player...if i could get the guy i saw on freshman tape i'd jump all over woods with a high round 1 pick but somethings a miss in his game...

i really like allen i'm just not sure i see a wr that i feel comfortable burning a high top 15 first round pick on in this group...might be wise to wait on receiver to round 2 and fill another need...one of them could drop to us high in round 2...

I think Hunter/Allen/Woods if all are healthy are worth gambling on. The question becomes where we are drafting. If we're top 10 and we have a chance at Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo do we pass on them for Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, or Keenan Allen?

I think Hunter/Allen/Woods if all are healthy are worth gambling on. The question becomes where we are drafting. If we're top 10 and we have a chance at Jarvis Jones or Barkevious Mingo do we pass on them for Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, or Keenan Allen?

you already know my answer on that...although jones looks very much like a 34 olb to me...i guess we could use him like a von miller as a 43 lb...not sure i think it's the best fit though...anyways premium elite pass rush talents i would not pass up for anything else in this likely upcoming class...i still think when it's all said and done we are gonna win too many games though to get a truly elite pass rush talent...

not a marques wilson fan huh???

trying to figure out wr terrence williams...he looks like more than just a big body to me...i think i see some suddenness to his game and some ability to separate at the next level...got more going for him than patrick turner did...hard to say if he can get off press yet given all these soft damn coverages and free releases he faces every week...terrence williams needs to come to the senior bowl week and show in one on ones he can get off press and separate in and out of his cuts...it's gonna be a big week for that kid and i'll be paying attention...for a big body i don't see a lot of stiffness in his hips...i think i see some long speed there also...right now i have him as a 3rd round grade with the ability senior bowl week to bump up into the top 50...

Any top notch CBs coming out this year? I know Slimm was high on the OK St kid..high end tools. I haven't watched him play though. Seen some good things out of Rhodes from FL St as well. Also, any idea where some of these top safeties are going to come off the board. Reid, Whitley, Elam, etc (if they come out)

Any top notch CBs coming out this year? I know Slimm was high on the OK St kid..high end tools. I haven't watched him play though. Seen some good things out of Rhodes from FL St as well. Also, any idea where some of these top safeties are going to come off the board. Reid, Whitley, Elam, etc (if they come out)

It shouldn't necessarily be this way, but what's going to determine where some of these safeties come off the board is how well they run in workouts in a pair of shorts. It'll mean a round's worth of difference for some of these kids.

Johnathan Banks has the best ball skills on the defensive side of the ball in the entire country. It's not just the interceptions that he gets, it's HOW he gets 'em. He knows what to do with it when he does... his 3 career INT returns for TD's leads all active players in the country. Well, it's actually tied with his teammate Corey Broomfield, but Banks is the better player. Broomfield moved to safety because of another underrated CB on Miss St.'s roster by the name of Darius Slay. Broomfield is undersized at safety, but he does what's necessary for the team and plays great team defense.

I make it a point to watch 3 CB's from the FCS every week in B.W. Webb, Robert Alford, and Marcus Williams, and they never disappoint. Webb looks terrific even against BCS teams (Maryland, etc.)

I like Banks, Jordan Poyer, Desmond Trufant, Terry Hawthorne, Broderick Brown, Leon McFadden, D.J. Hayden, B.W.Webb, Marcus Williams, Darius Slay, Corey Broomfield, T'Sharvan Bell, Prentiss Waggner, and Johnny Adams in terms of Seniors.

As far as underclassman go, Justin Gilbert, Xavier Rhodes, Ricardo Allen, Dee Milliner, Tharold Simon, Andre Hal, Kyle Fuller, Carrington Byndom, and Darqueze Dennard are all good players in my estimation.

What different Wide Recievers are we looking at getting this years draft? What about TE's too? Fasano is in his contract year

It shouldn't necessarily be this way, but what's going to determine where some of these safeties come off the board is how well they run in workouts in a pair of shorts. It'll mean a round's worth of difference for some of these kids.

Johnathan Banks has the best ball skills on the defensive side of the ball in the entire country. It's not just the interceptions that he gets, it's HOW he gets 'em. He knows what to do with it when he does... his 3 career INT returns for TD's leads all active players in the country. Well, it's actually tied with his teammate Corey Broomfield, but Banks is the better player. Broomfield moved to safety because of another underrated CB on Miss St.'s roster by the name of Darius Slay. Broomfield is undersized at safety, but he does what's necessary for the team and plays great team defense.

I make it a point to watch 3 CB's from the FCS every week in B.W. Webb, Robert Alford, and Marcus Williams, and they never disappoint. Webb looks terrific even against BCS teams (Maryland, etc.)

I like Banks, Jordan Poyer, Desmond Trufant, Terry Hawthorne, Broderick Brown, Leon McFadden, D.J. Hayden, B.W.Webb, Marcus Williams, Darius Slay, Corey Broomfield, T'Sharvan Bell, Prentiss Waggner, and Johnny Adams in terms of Seniors.

As far as underclassman go, Justin Gilbert, Xavier Rhodes, Ricardo Allen, Dee Milliner, Tharold Simon, Andre Hal, Kyle Fuller, Carrington Byndom, and Darqueze Dennard are all good players in my estimation.
I will have to see if I can see a few of these guys play this year. I have seen Banks play and liked what I saw out of him. Ive also seen Hawthorne and Adams...I liked Hawthorne more between those two. Tharold Simon is a solid prospect IMO. What do you see out of Milliner? I saw one game where he looked sloppy out there..then another where he looked like a 1st round prospect.

I will have to see if I can see a few of these guys play this year. I have seen Banks play and liked what I saw out of him. Ive also seen Hawthorne and Adams...I liked Hawthorne more between those two. Tharold Simon is a solid prospect IMO. What do you see out of Milliner? I saw one game where he looked sloppy out there..then another where he looked like a 1st round prospect.

I see the best cover corner in the country in Milliner. We can leave him on an island in any situation, let him play bump-and-run, press, or any variety of man techniques and feel comfortable that he's going to do the job. I can't imagine what game you saw where he looked sloppy.

I see the best cover corner in the country in Milliner. We can leave him on an island in any situation, let him play bump-and-run, press, or any variety of man techniques and feel comfortable that he's going to do the job. I can't imagine what game you saw where he looked sloppy.
I want to say Arkansas but to be honest I am not sure. I didn't mean sloppy as in getting torched all over the field...just not what I have seen out of him in previous games. You watch a wholeeee lot more Bama than I do so Ill take your word for it. This Miami defense needs a corner they can leave on an island thats for sure..

Well, we dominated Arkansas in every phase of the game and shut 'em out. Milliner had a pick that he almost returned for a TD that was called back due to a penalty.

He's basically leading the country in passes defended and has really only played about 11 full quarters worth of football. We didn't play him at all against Western Kentucky and essentially only played the first half against Florida Atlantic and Arkansas.

If he declares early, I don't see why he wouldn't be the first CB selected. Milliner has improved his football IQ tremendously since he was a freshman and has no tackling deficiencies... strong tackler and always been a physical player and a big hitter.

I remember his freshman year when shed his block and proceeded to knock Denarius Moore cold as a door knob...

[video=youtube;Bcu6TCZ0HMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcu6TCZ0HMM[/video]

not really seeing a cb that i'd take with our high 1st round pick...no one that just jumps off the screen at me...jarvis jones against tennessee didn't look like a top 5 worthy pick to me either...but that was just one game...i doubt he's a legitimate 6 ft 2 and that medical with that severe neck injury he suffered may hurt him...gonna be some serious eyeballing of his neck xrays etc at the combine...whatever happens with him that kids a lb all the way...there's no possible 43 end there

at safety more importantly free safety i think the value falls in rounds 2-3...in that range is where i'd target one...probably where i'd target my corner also...

not really all that in love with a woerner or a montgomery with our high round 1 pick...not enough explosive edge burst pass rush upside with either imo to warrant it given our needs at the positon...which is almost all pass rush

leaning towards a wr high in round 1 the way things are looking...keenan allens size and tools are hard to find...might be the best route...not sure i think he warrants a top 10 pick or so but there's only a few guys i would take over him...not in love with the quality or depth of this draft...i guess high round 1 quality given we aren't looking for a qb i see as lacking...feels good though not to have to spend so much time looking at qbs...

of course if we go into free agency and lets say grab a greg jennings my thoughts would change with the high 1st rounder...

Back
Top Bottom