hootie and blow fish song | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hootie and blow fish song

NJL52

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
where he says "the dolphins make me cry" whats it called? i feel like puttin those 5 words on constant loop untill bostons knee gets better.

I've been thinking about that line in the song since the first day I've heard it, and it's never changed in my mind.

NJL52 said:
where he says "the dolphins make me cry" whats it called? i feel like puttin those 5 words on constant loop untill bostons knee gets better.

Only Wanna Be With You
Hootie and the Blowfish
Album: Cracked Rear View Mirror

You and me, we come from different worlds
You like to laugh at me
When I look at other girls

Sometimes you're crazy and you wonder why
I'm such a baby
'Cause the Dolphins make me cry
Well, there's nothing I can do
I been looking for a girl like you

It had Dan Marino in the video and the ESPN crew of Chris Berman and Dan Patrick I think it was

Dolfan73 said:
r u serious phinfan?

Yep he is. The video featured Marino and the ESPN crew. I think it also featured Alonzo Mourning (when he was with the Hornets) and a few other players.

the lead singer of Hootie is Darrius Rucker, a huge Dolphin fan... the line was indeed referencing the Miami Dolphins, thus Dan in the video. Darrius listed meeting and catching a pass from Marino for the video as the "biggest thrill of my life," or something to that effect.

he grew up in Charleston, SC like myself and is about the same age. as a little background, when we were growing up we got the Dolphins on the NBC affiliate every week and the Redskins were on CBS. so among people 25 and older locally you will find mostly Miami and Washington fans here, since the Panthers and Jags who are geographicaly closer were not yet in existence. now we mainly get Jags or Panthers games locally. thank God for sunday ticket!

also, Dan usually plays in Hootie's charity golf tournament each year, called the "Monday after the Masters" (that is when it is held) in either Columbia SC or on Kiawah island resort.

Ya, it's not a bad video.... I think Dan Patrick says like "simply enfuego" in it, and berman says like "back,back,back,back,back"

CharlestonPhan wrote, in part,
also, Dan usually plays in Hootie's charity golf tournament each year, called the "Monday after the Masters" (that is when it is held) in either Columbia SC or on Kiawah island resort
Yes, and Darrius Rucker always comes to Dan's Tournaments too...I've been to four and he was at all four. In fact, at one, we had a long chat with the guitarist who had the long blonde hair..he told us what good friends Rucker and Marino are.

I've only been to ProPlayer (Joe Robbie Stadium) three times, but all three times, after the game, Rucker was driven up in his limo in the players lot to shake Dan's hand and exchange a few laughs. Then he'd just get back in the limo and off "Hootie" would go.

that was me and my old girls song bc when it says i wont dance and she wont sing bc i cant dance and shes a good singer but wont sing infront of ppl. but it mainly was bc i like that part in the song and would always listen to it and we found that part of the song that matched us.

Back
Top Bottom